Time flies...

pmccarthy

Time is speeding up. Is it just me getting older, or is it the Covid experience? Some things seem to reoccur faster and faster. Such as haircuts, clipping my toenails, putting out the garbage, paying rates instalments, seeing the doctor.

Are you experiencing this?

YES

4 seconds of Yellow light. Then 0.4 seconds of Red For a $450 'red light' camera.

$450 X 12 = $  5400 a minute.

I won't do the hourly rate, it,s disgusting.

A BIG Revenue earner. by lowering the time the yellow stays on.

Two in Liverpool and another in Windsor/ Richmond area.

spacesailor

• Like 2

Is it something in the water?

This year, my darling wife got me a diary especially made for people like us. The last page in it has the words....

'I swear it was January, like two seconds ago!'

Suddenly we're halfway to next January already!

Edited by nomadpete
auto spell correct got me again
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, nomadpete said:

Ancient, so I'm ANCIENT now?

Wash your mouth out!

It's ok Peter, you're in good company!

I used to be one of the younger people at work, now all of a sudden I feel like the majority of people are younger than me.

Told someone today that I was 49 and got an incredulous laugh.  I really should get rid of this big grey beard.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Jerry_Atrick said:

...We are now older and seeing people our own age is the norm.. When we were 18, people our age were simply ancient.

Maybe to you, Jerry.

I recently went to a funeral and caught up with lots of cousins for the first time in decades; they all look like old farts now.

• Like 1

It's quite easy to die no matter what age you are.. Only small things have to go wrong. A hell of a lot of adjustment is continually required. Probably more than at any other time in your life. For instance , much more than 1/2 the people you knew will be dead unless you have been in a kindergarten most of the time.  There's a shocking amount of discrimination likely so don't be too sensitive or it hurts more. Any DOG will still love you as much as it ever would have. Things you plant grow as well also. Nev

• Agree 1

WELL ,.

I died ONCE ,.

And didn,t like it.

Cold damp Clouds to sit on, Harp music to listen to, & bloody great lumps of wings hanging off your back !.

SO

I went to were most of my reloes were.

In Hell.

Hot, ( like Australia ), dancing naked ladies to entice you, ( red light district ) great time, l( like hving a ball.)

BUT alas, far too young for that carry on,

SO

Back to this " Hell on Earth ". LoL

spacesailor

• Like 2

One day a grandson said to me " you old and gunna die soon Grandpa?"

To which I responded " Zaccy, there are lots of kids your age who are gunna die before Grandpa does, cos I've learned when I need to be careful."

And, soon after, one of Zaccy's friends was knocked off his bike by a bad car driver. But I reckon that kid should not have been on his bike on that busy road.

• Informative 1

5 hours ago, Old Koreelah said:

Maybe to you, Jerry.

I recently went to a funeral and caught up with lots of cousins for the first time in decades; they all look like old farts now.

OK - those that drink XXXX are excepted 😉

There's always a flaw in the theory - an outlier we call them.. Yes, if you haven't seen someone for a long time, you probably remember them in their earlier years so ti see the wrinkles and sun-spots, aongside thinning hair (if they're lucky) with a grey tinge is going to bring home reality. But I was more thinking the random strangers on the streets you may bump into or your friends that you have kept in more or less regular visible contact with..

I go tin touch wiht a long lost cousin of mine who I hadn't seen since I was 18 or thereabouts. Mind you, he has done very well for himself. But, yes, I recall thinking he looks older now (of course comparing him to my mental, grainy image of hom stored in my brain all those years ago). He even has less hair than me - and even less than Rex Hunt! I can't work out if he looks like an old man or a baby 😉

• Like 2