Parliament House Staff Appall Me

old man emu

According to the 7:30 report, Craig Kelly's aide, Frank Zumbo has had numerous reports lodged against him by young female staff, accusing him of rubbing his hand up their leg, grabbing their breasts, and one said he had his zip open exposing his penis. The matter has been raised a number of times with Kelly, who has brushed it aside saying "I need him".

;

1 minute ago, Old Koreelah said:

It seems most of the atrocious behaviour comes not from actual MPs, but their staffers.

True, but the MP is supposed to be the boss.  If you're not aware of bad behaviour from your staff then you're not in control, if you are aware of it but don't address it then you shouldn't be in charge at all.  Worst of all, if you know about it but don't care about it, then you're pretty stuffed as a human being as well as a boss.

• Agree 2

I only threw that in because we received in our mailbox a leaflet from our local member, The Hon Michael Sukkar, Minister for Housing and Assistant Treasurer, highlighting all the infrastructure upgrades in our electorate that the government has funded.

It's an ongoing problem in many areas but this "little aberration"  is dragging it's feet on rectification and very public. WE have a right to expect better of them. Most business are better but I have known CREEPS of (Men)?? who I wouldn't like any of my family  women to work for..

I don't care who stuffs who if it's all fair and square but where there's a definite power gradient or culture of entitlement I draw the line..  Nev

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

This situation is not going to get better until someone takes control and says "enough is enough, it has got to end"

Unfortunately the present government have no leader and also nobody who cares about what happens. The on;y criteria for being a coalition member is to stay in power by any means possible. be that ignoring a problem or saying the opposition are worse. It is not up to the politicians to do the job properly it has passed to us, the electors to make them change. Sadly that is a hard job especially for me as my member is O'Dowd and he is useless, plus I think he is not standing for election again. Supposedly my State member is slated to stand for the party and he has demonstrate that he is perfect for the Lib Nats by being useless in the State. I don't want to wait for a federal election, but I cannot get at the sitting member nor can i get at the possible candidate or an opposition candidate.

• Sad 1

Scotty certainly has a lot of strife on his plate at the moment. He will be praying for a diversion; something like a natural disaster where he can play statesman. Don't look here, look over there. Covid worked well for him, but I think he's running low on steam this time. Too muck ducking, weaving and spin is starting to work against him. Not sure how he will market himself out of this one.

It's gonna need a miracle for Scott to be re-elected, what with his ducking and diving, beating around the bush, and failure to address the problems that many people see as important.

But he can always point the finger at the "other mob", and blame them. He's basically a devious bastard.

10 minutes ago, onetrack said:

It's gonna need a miracle for Scott to be re-elected, what with his ducking and diving, beating around the bush, and failure to address the problems that many people see as important.

But he can always point the finger at the "other mob", and blame them. He's basically a devious bastard.

I think like the last election, it will be Labor's to lose.

• Agree 1

"Someone" will no doubt try to make it look that way. They are" coming for your UTE" plus Palmer and Porleen was enough. last time. Bowen didn't help.. Till more people take politics seriously THEY won't need to do the things the "PEOPLE" need. They FOOL you and please their "moneyed" Backers. Great business plan if YOU let them get away with it... Nev 

• Like 1