PI DAY

Pre-lockdown, we were at the parents of my daughter's best friend at school for a Sunday lunch. After complimenting the chef on a very nice lunch, the topic turned to food and I was asked what my favourite food was. I tactfully answered it will depend on the mood, the weather, etc, but if pushed, a good meat pie on a cold day cannot be beat. But not any pie; I like the more processed stuff you get at the footy - wel one brand in particular, Four 'n twenty.. Yes, we all have out faults, I know. After my partner decried my penchant when returning to Aus (Melb) for heading straight for a 7-eleven*, and getting a pie, their 18 year old daughter said they were her favoutie as well. She was an exchange student in Hobart for a long time, and regailed in eating them (her dream is to return to Tassie to live). I think her parent were aghast when I said if I was a lotyounger and single, I would have mariied her on the spot!

* Imagine my indignation on returning to Aus in 2017 and learning 7-Eleven don't do Four 'n twenties anymore; I hunted until I found Coles Express still dd them.. Phew! I did try whatever pies 7-Eleven sold and they were, well, carp! In 2018 when I came out for my mother's 80th, I had to wait a whole day before I could go in search of a Four-n-twenty as I arrived on her birthday and was subjected to the brutality that one has to in having a fine lunch at a Yarra Valley winery (but blow me away, it was expensive for a salad and a glass of wine). I made a bee-line for the cafe at Moorabbin airport where I had in previous years had many a four 'n twenty pie after flying.. Well, they sold out, too.. They had some other pie that had really sloppy pastry and minced meat instead of chunks.. Yuk! Won't be going there again.. Which reminds me, why can't we get decent foof at Moorabbin?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jerry_Atrick said:

...and getting a pie, their 18 year old daughter said they were her favoutie as well. She was an exchange student in Hobart for a long time, and regailed in eating them...

In the late 70s we had a lovely Japanese exchange student who appreciated the plentiful local meat; she doubled her live-weight in three months.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

" Hey we had one too "

we had two Japanese sisters, my granddaughter went to Japan first & stayed with the girls parents.

Then it was our turn to look after those Japanese girls !. ( boy crazy )

Just hoping they wer,nt pregnant after getting home.

That Grandaughter is now marrid with five children.

" what am l doing now ".

After our first family bbq,  is now 7 days old & we have no aftereffects,😀

we,r going to another one, at another grandson,s ' house warming bbq.

BUT

Just missed out on nephew,s Wedding, the two grooms are going to live in Tasmania. 

( little devils ).

spacesailor

• Like 1

On 12/03/2021 at 6:08 PM, spacesailor said:

March the 14th is the official 'pi' day, That's new to me.

spacesailor

On 12/03/2021 at 7:38 PM, red750 said:

American date format     -     3.14

Another example of US imperialism. Which country had the best mathematicians? Definitely not the USA. https://famous-mathematicians.com/list/. We should really celebrate pi Day on 31st April, 31/4/****

Thirty days hath September,

April, June and November

Bugger, a flaw in an otherwise flawless plan.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...