COVID-19 Virus.

Phil Perry

It's those boat people going back to their relatives in the Old Country and returning with the plukabingies that is the problem. How is it that these people who were allegedly impoverished refugees a few years ago can now take annual overseas trips? I can barely afford a trip on the Manly ferry.

• Like 1

How is it that these people who were allegedly impoverished refugees a few years ago can now take annual overseas trips? I can barely afford a trip on the Manly ferry.

There's always the possibility they took the jobs we don't want to do, worked hard and did well in their time here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When I moved 2 years ago my neighbours were a couple with a young child, he was Afghani and she from Pakistan. They were renting a small one bedroom unit. He worked at the meatworks during the day a drove for uber at night. i used to hear him driving off several times overnight to pick up a fare. Last year they bought their own house. No mystery just working hard.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I wonder how long it will be before life returns to normal. England's Deputy Chief Medical Officer has said the current lockdown measures could be in place for six months and after that, people still won't be able to revert to their former way of living for a while. It might be a longer haul than some think. Here's hoping for some medical breakthroughs.

They are urging us to get the flu jab. Called the medical centre and, after being on hold for 4 minutes, said I would like to arrange for the seniors flu injection. Was told they didn't have any in stock and would put me on the waiting list. When asked how long, they said a week or two, they didn't know.

Russian Air Force Antonov An-124 arriving at New York's JFK Airport this morning, bringing in the first plane load of Russian medical aid to the U.S..

With the lockdown, it probably didn't have the usual crowds of plane spotters that accompany the big Antonov landings.

an.thumb.jpg.4b8bcd52512443ffab4d03fbc52e5174.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter, who lives in America "virtually", ie into everything on America on the internet and cable TV, said that Obama set up a pandemic response unit following SARS, but in typical Trump fashion, he disbanded it to erase any vestige of Obama legacy. She knows more about America than she does about Australia.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That is the first time I have heard anything sensible from G W Bush. He sounds positively presidential. Trump is only a shadow of him and as My opinion of G W Bush is very poor it shows how bad trump is. the really sad thing is that even before he was elected a group of about 39 psychiatric experts raised the problem with the people running the election.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

902851b9acfad03722f374b663ef4662--democrat-humor-political-memes.jpg

He did say one other thing that made sense. something along the lines of until armageddon, people won't change what they do and combatting climate change will take technology.. Whether we went on to fund any of it, is a different thing.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter, who lives in America "virtually", ie into everything on America on the internet and cable TV, said that Obama set up a pandemic response unit following SARS, but in typical Trump fashion, he disbanded it to erase any vestige of Obama legacy. She knows more about America than she does about Australia.

That's what, about 75 years of, unrelenting Uncle Sam propaganda will do for you

I have been there many years ago. I went to Canada back when it was an unknown as a tourist destination and ducked over the border to USA. Went down Puget Sound islands. Beautiful country, but I wasn't impressed with the locals and quickly went back to Canada.

Funny thing I have been to many other countries and always found the locals to be lovely people, in fact the poorer their standards of living the happier and more helpful they seemed to be.

• Thanks 1

There are good People in the States, I've enjoyed my time there but its a broken society now.

Back to Covid. I'm a bit depressed tbh ........here in the UK the traffic is increasing daily and more and more people are ignoring what was a rather weak lockdown anyway.

No police evident in my area for the last month and I get the feeling that people have become blase about it and those who havn't had a personal experience think it was all a storm in a tea cup ...its not we haven't even seen the worst of it yet.

It feels like summer in the UK now...............but there are very Dark Days ahead