Jump to content

facthunter

Members
  • Posts

    18,067
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    488

Everything posted by facthunter

  1. I think that's been on the Market for a While. A lot bigger than I need. Be hard to air condition, also. You would need insulation. It's HOT sometimes. Geelong is not a bad Place. to live. Nev
  2. I still think a 1200 Buell Motor is the best choice. 100 HP Aircooled. Lots of torque from Low down. Plenty available because they have an alloy frame which can't be Legally repaired. Nev
  3. A LOT to heat, cool and furnish. Blinds Curtains . It all adds up. Big Shed, Small House is the go. Sheds have character if you do the right stuff in there. Nev
  4. I don't think they are. generally. There's plenty of good aftermarket sprockets. They can be flame Hardened on the teeth. Friction is a consideration. Nev
  5. Wined and dined. Nev
  6. Way out of their depth in a real World. Full of their own self importance. Unable (or unwilling) to see the side effects of what they do. Nev
  7. Would it be "Idiotocracy"?. Nev
  8. I would want to wind you up. . Nev
  9. HEs MAD and dangerous like the rest of them. Nev
  10. All V8's are too wide, really It'd be nice to Have something torquey at low revs. Nev
  11. THAT Ford motor would be Hard to get and has structural issues. You could spend a lot on it, and is very much a collectors item. Maybe a 3.5 litre Alloy Rover V8? Nev
  12. You don't ride a motorbike to save money. You ride them for Pleasure. . Nev
  13. Don't worry. But not all bikers see it as you do .The Industrial chains is a common mistake. Lots more Power is lost through gears. That produces HEAT. Name a jap bike with zero clutch reduction. I don't KNOWof one. It's a DESIRED feature. Divides the reduction between 2 chains. Keeps the gears (and clutch) operating at lower RsPM.. . Nev
  14. What is a Brain fart an expression of ?Nev
  15. I'd be concerned if a lot of French Letters came back to me.. Nev
  16. Modern ones use electron paths. No moving bits to wear. . Nev
  17. If the engine Locks up the Momentum of the rotating parts will try to rotate the bike the way the engine was going. You didn't address the engine speed clutch effects. Most bikes have a big reduction from engine speed to clutch speed. The clutch is on the input shaft to the Gearbox. Every Modern race bike I know of has the engine rotation at right angles to the Way you are going.. Hard sprockets and "O" or "Z" ring chains last quite a while. Chains absorb much less power than Gears do especially Angle ones and are reliable under race conditions. No one runs industrial grade chains on a Motorcycle. You need the best. Nev
  18. I said "I couldn't agree more", and got Lambasted for saying it. It's not ambiguous. Better than waffling on. American English is more Phonetic but the word meaning can be Lost. Nev
  19. You well know what I Meant. Why is the Language a SHE?. Cricket has a "Silly Mid-off " Position. but criticising it would not be cricket, would it? Also you can bowl a Maiden over and that's supposed to be a good thing. Strewth is a swear word. (God's Truth).. Fair dinkum. Nev
  20. Corrupted MORE than it already is. We have to devise a way of Managing it.. Nev
  21. I think that at present it's not that difficult to PICK AI driven responses. It searches existing sources, asks if you want more of a specified type. If you ask a curly one it hesitates for a considerable time. I find it useful at times. Dog knows what it will develop into. Like Many good things, TV and the NET, It will be corrupted by those who wish to exploit for their wicked ends. Nev
  22. Belarus Tractors were known as "Ivan the Terrible". Nev
  23. It depends on what sort of bike you WANT. All shaft drives have a torque reaction, spline and seals problem, and they are costly and not light weight. Also engine speed clutches aren't as nice as when the clutch runs slower. No bike gearboxes are synchro meshed so the changes can be clunky. Fore to aft crank axis has a Bike reaction leaning effect and if the engine Locked up you wouldn't be able to stay on it. That illustrates the effect. I'm not saying engine lock ups are common, but they are NOT unknown. Nev
  24. C'mon Share it. What are you People ON? Nev
  25. Some conversations with Some humans involves little thinking.. . Knowledge is not the same as thinking. A conversation in abstractions might be a good test. Also discourse on Philosophy Art and Logic would be interesting. Intelligence is the ability to process and apply Inputs. Memory may be Photographic. Big advantage. Nev
×
×
  • Create New...