Jump to content

facthunter

Members
  • Posts

    18,073
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    488

Everything posted by facthunter

  1. Happens at the football too I believe. I reckon you are Pulling our legs. Pissing in someone's pocket is Considered to Be Flattering them. Nev
  2. There have been and will be more After shocks. It's not that unusual in that area. (Korumburra). Nev
  3. REAL plasterers would be rare. It's usually something like sheet Gyprock where you just Plaster the Nails, Joins and Cornices. Nev
  4. The bloke who built Lycomings did Build cars and REO was Continental. Car engines for Cars and aircraft engines for Aeroplanes. Power to weight ratio, Efficiency and reliability is foremost in Aircraft. Racing car engines don't have to be built to last Long . IN the early days some aero engines featured Prominently in land speed record cars like NAPIER and some aero engines ended up in Tanks. RADIALS and Liquid Cooled . A version a the RR Merlin was used in Centurion tanks. Nev
  5. A properly built bridge is better than one you Pray is OK. Science is NOT Just another belief. Politicians who have NO background in Science Constantly make fools of themselves, and make poor Policy
  6. Let this come back alive?
  7. I think that's been on the Market for a While. A lot bigger than I need. Be hard to air condition, also. You would need insulation. It's HOT sometimes. Geelong is not a bad Place. to live. Nev
  8. I still think a 1200 Buell Motor is the best choice. 100 HP Aircooled. Lots of torque from Low down. Plenty available because they have an alloy frame which can't be Legally repaired. Nev
  9. A LOT to heat, cool and furnish. Blinds Curtains . It all adds up. Big Shed, Small House is the go. Sheds have character if you do the right stuff in there. Nev
  10. I don't think they are. generally. There's plenty of good aftermarket sprockets. They can be flame Hardened on the teeth. Friction is a consideration. Nev
  11. Wined and dined. Nev
  12. Way out of their depth in a real World. Full of their own self importance. Unable (or unwilling) to see the side effects of what they do. Nev
  13. Would it be "Idiotocracy"?. Nev
  14. I would want to wind you up. . Nev
  15. HEs MAD and dangerous like the rest of them. Nev
  16. All V8's are too wide, really It'd be nice to Have something torquey at low revs. Nev
  17. THAT Ford motor would be Hard to get and has structural issues. You could spend a lot on it, and is very much a collectors item. Maybe a 3.5 litre Alloy Rover V8? Nev
  18. You don't ride a motorbike to save money. You ride them for Pleasure. . Nev
  19. Don't worry. But not all bikers see it as you do .The Industrial chains is a common mistake. Lots more Power is lost through gears. That produces HEAT. Name a jap bike with zero clutch reduction. I don't KNOWof one. It's a DESIRED feature. Divides the reduction between 2 chains. Keeps the gears (and clutch) operating at lower RsPM.. . Nev
  20. What is a Brain fart an expression of ?Nev
  21. I'd be concerned if a lot of French Letters came back to me.. Nev
  22. Modern ones use electron paths. No moving bits to wear. . Nev
  23. If the engine Locks up the Momentum of the rotating parts will try to rotate the bike the way the engine was going. You didn't address the engine speed clutch effects. Most bikes have a big reduction from engine speed to clutch speed. The clutch is on the input shaft to the Gearbox. Every Modern race bike I know of has the engine rotation at right angles to the Way you are going.. Hard sprockets and "O" or "Z" ring chains last quite a while. Chains absorb much less power than Gears do especially Angle ones and are reliable under race conditions. No one runs industrial grade chains on a Motorcycle. You need the best. Nev
  24. I said "I couldn't agree more", and got Lambasted for saying it. It's not ambiguous. Better than waffling on. American English is more Phonetic but the word meaning can be Lost. Nev
  25. You well know what I Meant. Why is the Language a SHE?. Cricket has a "Silly Mid-off " Position. but criticising it would not be cricket, would it? Also you can bowl a Maiden over and that's supposed to be a good thing. Strewth is a swear word. (God's Truth).. Fair dinkum. Nev
×
×
  • Create New...