Funny videos

red750

2 hours ago, facthunter said:

Don't you  people remember Nibble Nobbies Nuts . Any thing on the Bar counter I called Hepatitis Nuts. Nev

While washing your hands in the gents, just notice how many patrons don't - that should discourage eating any shared food at the bar.

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

These American woodcocks are odd birds. They have some good moves when they walk, but it must take them a long time to get anywhere. There's lots of video of them on youtube set to music, like the second clip.

No. It was an old B&W film of a guy in a bowling alley doing trick shots, like bowling a strike through his legs, picking up a spare laying on the floor and pushing the ball with his foot, bowling two strikes in adjacent lanes simultaeously,bowling one ball slowly and two more faster to take out a strike, and many more unbelievable shots. I had a quick look on YT but didn't see it there.

3 hours ago, Jerry_Atrick said:

Oh.. this is one that came up when I clicked the link:

I absolutely despise anyone who thinks it is comic to play on an outdated Barry McKenzie stereotype of Australian speech and vocabulary. Although a lot of Dave Allen's material is timeless, the Australian society is not locked into a late 20th Century style. It would be very hard to hear that nasal sounding speech nowadays because radio and television have standardised pronunciation. I'm sure that you could find many examples of localised terminology, but the unsophisticated "Ocker' sound and vocabulary is a thing of the past. 

It is as insulting to an Australian to have a foreigner try to "do the Aussie" accent as it is to have Peter Sellers try to mimic an Indian doctor.

8 minutes ago, old man emu said:

I absolutely despise anyone who thinks it is comic to play on an outdated Barry McKenzie stereotype of Australian speech and vocabulary. Although a lot of Dave Allen's material is timeless, the Australian society is not locked into a late 20th Century style. It would be very hard to hear that nasal sounding speech nowadays because radio and television have standardised pronunciation. I'm sure that you could find many examples of localised terminology, but the unsophisticated "Ocker' sound and vocabulary is a thing of the past. 

It is as insulting to an Australian to have a foreigner try to "do the Aussie" accent as it is to have Peter Sellers try to mimic an Indian doctor.

Ah this brings back memories. When I was growing up my parents were in amateur (and a couple of professional) musicals.  They were in most of the usual musicals but they also did a couple of shows that were just bits and pieces from various shows and other musical bits.  I remember my dad did this song.

11 minutes ago, old man emu said:

I absolutely despise anyone who thinks it is comic to play on an outdated Barry McKenzie stereotype of Australian speech and vocabulary.

I totally agree.   Whilst we can look back and think maybe it was funny at the time, its time has passed.    Humour often lampoons society but once society has changed it does get a little tired.  

• Agree 1