Funny videos

red750

Dave died in 2005, so that clip would be at least 20 old, probably more. Not long before that we were laughing at Arthur Dunger (Paul Hogan) and Coln Carpner (Kim Gyngell).

• Agree 1

Yeah - was probably a 70s or 80s clip, so makes it quite a lot older; Unlike the "Goodess Gracious Me", the accent is to accentuate the commedy and is not a main part of it. A lot of what he touches on is probably still relevant today..

The length of rime to fly to Australia (relatively) and feeling tired afterwards...

"How did you find Ausstralia".. was aksked on my last trip there...

"ie" added to almost every word... Still happens from what I heard last time I was in Aus;

Cold beer

Sharks still swim there and take people, last time I heard..

Practical jokers...

The sheep joke - don't know...

Seems, given its age, if the one insulting item is the accent, which was probably time-contextual, then I guess it has survived reasonably well.

Or would you prefer someone redub ut, maybe with AI, using this accent:

When it was produced it was funny. Yes Dave was making fun of the Australian accent, so what. It is history. Dave Alen was one of the best comedians of his day. Much of his material is still hilarious. At the time he lampooned the catholic church all the time and was roundly criticised for it from the conservative religious bigots then.

• Agree 3