Funny videos

red750

• 2 weeks later...

Fortunately, we can still vote with our feet and minds as to where and how we choose to shop.

But Big Brother is already upon us, they already talk about the thousands of security cameras that record your movements every day, even when you're just moving about innocuously.

Cameras in shop windows, cameras in every business, in every cafe and restaurant, cameras in the street, cameras by the roadside recording your vehicle movements, dash cams - and cameras in the front, sides and rear, of nearly every house today.

Australia has been slow to get rid of cheque books. Cheques are no longer used in many countries. NZ got rid of them several years ago. Cheque fraud has always been a problem and most businesses will not accept a cheque nowadays unless it is cleared before delivery of goods or it is a bank cheque.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Con artists have been around forever and tricking people via the web has become easier as a large portion of users, especially the elderly and poorly educated have little understanding or knowledge when they get emails or messages that seem to know who they are and what they are doing. Once they get pulled in to the web of deceit and trickery they end up forfeiting money that is almost impossible to trace and in many cases not returnable.

Banks and financial organisations are now slowly starting to implement warnings and transfer delays to combat this but usually the fraudsters find even more devious ways to relieve honest people of their hard earned money.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

I see lots of things I would like online, such as those video projectors which connect to your PC, laptop, iPad, phone or USB stick, advertised by numerous websites for prices ranging from $89 to $160. How many of them are phishing sites waiting for your credit card details? I have seen a similar one at the local Australia Post shop who are an agent for Global Shop Direct, at $124, but still think I will go without. Also, those adverts supposedly for stores like J B Hi Fi, or online companies like Temu, for "warehouse clearances " of things like laptops for $3. Check with the stores, and they say it's a scam.

• Informative 1

If you are suspicious do some research. Use google to search for a particular website to find out if it is legitimate. Always check the email address if you get one for some bargain priced item that seems almost too good to be true. It almost certainly is. It will have all the right words and copies of logos, colour schemes etc in the main body but the email address will have some strange names, letters or numbers in it. Also check for grammatical & spelling errors, upper case when it should be lower case and so on. Go to the real website for the product you are looking at and check the contacts page for correct email addresses, phone numbers etc.

Temu and JB HiFi are both legit but they are constantly being cloned by scammers. I got an Email recently from a scammer not long after I'd purchased an item from Temu saying they were having a pallet sale of returned and incomplete items with a promise of a pallet lot of these goods as I had been randomly selected from thousands of other customers. To get this I would just have to pay the freight which was a relatively small amount. Then they asked for a small payment first to confirm the deal. People fall for this crud all the time & once they have your details they don't stop.

I've bought stuff through Aliexpress and Banggood, both Chinese on line retailers and have never had an issue. Often their delivery times are faster than buying from an Australian on-line retailer. Once an item was received damaged & I took photos of the packaging as received & the damaged item. They gave me a full refund & told me to keep the item which was a 4k action camera with a heap of fittings, underwater case and accessories. I still have the camera & it is still working perfectly after 4 years.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 2

You're right KG, I get lots of emails purporting to be from a well-known company, including many I use, but the source of the email is BS, so I just delete them. Also many from companies I have never used, saying my membership has expired. Also, texts advising "unable to deliver package due to incorrect address", when I'm not expecting a package. I did get one email from a kind hacker who said he had gained access to my email, and my password was "Xyz123" (not actual password), but he was correct, so I had a lot of password changing to do, very quickly.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Marty_d said:

Kind of interesting up to the point that he tried to tie it to the bible,  then he lost credibility. 

Me too.

A conspiracy  nutter?

Not worried about data security,  or potential financial loss to hackers, or what happens if he ducks back into the store for a forgotten carton of milk and gets charged again for all the previous purchases.

No, bright spark is just worried that some vague 2000 year old doomsday prediction is now resulting although this new payment system only tells big brother the same stuff that an ordinary checkout tells 'them'

Edited by nomadpete
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

I have to admit, I didn't watch it past the first 30 seconds.. And don't intend to.

What a hypocrite though - worried about surveillance and tying it to the bible. Isn't the god  of the "good"  book omnipotent and all seeing and keeping an eye on everyone? Even Santa keeps his eyes on all kiddies...

Edited by Jerry_Atrick
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Informative 1