From other site...WIND TURBINES

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you believe that Humans are affecting the climate, you won't get preselection to the Libs or the Nats. That rules out a lot of farmers these days.

It pays to believe in intelligent design and the earth age being about 6,300 years as well. (Plus a few other retro ideas about sex, womens place in society etc etc)

If you believe that Humans are affecting the climate, you won't get preselection to the Libs or the Nats. That rules out a lot of farmers these days.It pays to believe in intelligent design and the earth age being about 6,300 years as well. (Plus a few other retro ideas about sex, womens place in society etc etc)

The name Leyonhjelm comes to mind here. He appears sub human to me with an IQ approaching 20, can't remember what was actually ever said and still managed to get elected. What a fantastic system we have.

It is lucky that there are enough entrepreneurs and venture capitalists who see through all the political BS and fund solar, wind and pumped hydro while not having a bar of anything remotely linked to fossil fuels. But when it is all operational and we can start getting rid of our old fossil fuelled sources of energy, guess who will take the credit.

Politicians have always nailed their colours to the winning ship. But who cares? Yes it's a damn shame that we have to depend on the self-interest of businessmen to lead change that governments are ideologically opposed to, but as long as someone turns the ship around it doesn't matter who claims the credit.

marty said As long as we keep electing f*ckwits then nothing will happen about climate change.

marty where has the climate changed what effect has it had on you

when are the gooses and sheep going to wake up that it is a con climate change you are the fxxxwits

wheather patterns have changed over the years I agree with that neil

As long as we keep electing f*ckwits then nothing will happen about climate change.

Vote for people who have it as a priority, from whatever party.

Unf, it appears only f-wits present themselves for election. If we really cared that much, we would offer ourselves up (except in my case, I'd probably be considered by others as in the f-wit category)...

If you believe that Humans are affecting the climate, you won't get preselection to the Libs or the Nats. That rules out a lot of farmers these days.It pays to believe in intelligent design and the earth age being about 6,300 years as well. (Plus a few other retro ideas about sex, womens place in society etc etc)

Well said.. though it is worrying that, therefore, the majority of the population believe in that BS and will only vote for it... See above...

Politicians have always nailed their colours to the winning ship. But who cares? Yes it's a damn shame that we have to depend on the self-interest of businessmen to lead change that governments are ideologically opposed to, but as long as someone turns the ship around it doesn't matter who claims the credit.

Unf what could happen is that these smaller corps that use renewables may start to put a dent into the bigger corps revenue, at which point the bigger corps may swoop in and buy them up and shelve the renewables while they earn the full return on their fossil assets... And then they will unveil their purchases to max out in an deferred value basis (i.e. at expensive cost) their new assets. EDF have a guaranteed £93/MWh when the xpected cost for renewables wil be sooo much lower: Subscribe to read | Financial Times (note, EFD is a "renewable" energy supplier, or nuclear.. but the point I am making is the big fellas will use their muscle to wrange the deal best for them,...

sooooory jerry but until 2023 the gov pays me 60 yes 60 cents per khr back to the grid the 13 cents is what agl pay me not to change supplier

now my friend there are 11 persons that I personally know that are in my boat they took my advice and got in early when that brain dead dud and gilliar conned the sheep to follow her/him neil

I must be a dill then as I could have had 66 cents but knew it was an excessive figure that others shouldn't be asked to pay for (as they do). The electricity you feed in is not time specific and may not be too useful. to the other users at the time you feed it in... That figure was such as to give the system a bad name and never could have been justified. I knew a coal power station owner that was getting 2.6 cents (Two point six) so how would 28 x that be reasonable?. I wouldn't be particularly bragging about it Neil. You are anti solar but exploiting it.. There's a test of reasonableness that goes something like "IF everyone did it, would it be OK?" Even 25 cents at the time was too much. Nev

I agree totally, Nev. Even after the huge increases, I'm happy to pay for the convenience of mains power.

The huge power bills people complain about are largely because of the dumb design of our buildings. We cannot complain that we weren't warned about too much dependency on one source of energy.

Since the oil price shocks of the 1970's, a few of us have built low-demand solar houses that easily outperform those being built today.

It's not rocket science, but people still mortgage themselves for life to settle for the mediocre, air-con-dependant houses the market provides.

I currently get 11.1c feed in tariff & pay 31.7c peak & 18.2c off peak & $1.31 daily supply charge. In my area that is the best deal I could get. Now Ipart has recommended reducing the feed in tariff to a range of 6.9 to 8.4 c. In NSW the subsidised gross feed in tariff of around 60c expired about 18 months ago. I am amazed that some in Victoria are still getting massive subsidised feed in tariffs.

They do have a standard to meet. Requires double glazing and insulation etc. We are not very fair dinkum about all this. A stay in Winnipeg would alter the view of COLD. Nev

Too plurry right, Nev. The BASIC standard required of new housing is well named- very basic. I could find no mention of solar alignment, even though the technology has been known since ancient times (and conveniently forgotten in the age of "plug in a Fujitsu Air Conditioner". A big slice of our society is totally dependent on electricity.

Across the world governments have been toppled for simply allowing a small increase in the price of basics like bread or fuel. No wonder our politicians worry about increases in electricity costs. The coal lobby is using this fear to extract long-term subsidies under the guise of the proposed National Energy Guarantee.

Lovely how the capitalists leave it to the market except when it doesn't suit their profits. Electricity (energy) is an essential service but you can't trust the government who will politicise it, based on dollars donated during their "tenure" and individually cushy jobs after. as recognition of services rendered. Abot came right out and said he "Hoped" Andrew ROBB would be suitably recognized for the trade agreement with China. Guess where he's working now, but he strenuously denies it was any kind of payback. Nev

Behind the baseload, un-interuptible power argument is the seldom revealed need to supply massive amounts of energy to the aluminium industry. The electricity provided is very cheap and is a electricity consumer donation straight to the pockets of the aluminium smelters. Australia refused to prop up the aviation industry, the motor vehicle industry, the agriculture industry but we do prop up the aluminium smelters exporting energy by way of processed aluminium with a high effective subsidy and effectively importing other countries pollution (because we refuse to export the pollution along with the aluminium)

Closure: time to shutthe smelter with a $4 billion subsidy habit

Subsidies, blackouts and rising energy prices, but it isn't renewables who are the culprits - the story of aluminium smelting in Australia - The AIM Network

I understand the Tomago smelter is 16% of the NSW electricity total. It could be 6% (i'm not sure) but in any case it's a much out of proportion user (as they all are). The rate they pay/paid in Victoria was NEVER declared. I think we need steel aluminium and magnesium locally produced Copper is also refined electrolitically. We only have 3 weeks supply of Hydrocarbon fuel before it's exhausted. That's a slight bit of negligence of security priorities in a country where most supermarket stuff travels thousands of kilometers. Nev