From other site...WIND TURBINES

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so our electricity prices are coming down well I can just see it happening when your bloody wind and solar is going to be paid north off 713 cents per kwh to produce it

How do I come to this figure that's what they pay me

why do yo have to have that so called clean energy clean for what ? neil

They won't be silly enough to pay people like you way over what they should have paid for it, in the future, neil. Underneath a solar panel must be a cool(er) place than a treeless desert .You are removing some of the energy of the SUN that's going to land there anyhow. With oil, gas or nuclear you are adding more energy that could have remained safely where it was. and not cause problems. What about the NEW form of hydrogen they have just come up with (from Ammonia NH4). Hydrogen burns to form water only?. The newspapers aren't exactly jumping over the moon about this but it may be equal to the new Middle East without the fighting . and corruption. Nev

no nev they will be charging you and they are not building on a treeless desert

a repeat why do yo have to have that so called clean energy clean for what ?

What about the NEW form of hydrogen they have just come up with (from Ammonia NH4). Hydrogen burns to form water only?.

is it working now now is when we need it neil

cant someone come up with an answer why do you want solar or wind power neil

Nev gave you the answer.

It's bloody obvious.

Power from the sun and from the wind is renewable. It keeps on giving.

Power from coal, gas and oil is not. It took millions of years to form it and once it's gone, it's gone. And burning it is changing the climate which will cause more extreme weather events, kill lots of people, kill lots of other animal species and make the world a much worse place to live on.

This is not rocket science.

connection fee... Still cheaper than renting oxy bottles. but it will go up. Solar and wind and your own hydro, methane from your dam etc give you independence. As batteries get better it becomes more of a no brainer. The centralized Power suppliers know they have a problem, and they are scared.. So does heavy industry that relies on electrolytic metal refining, (which WE have been giving power to almost free to for years.). Nev

yes space stand alone aint cheep for what I needed would cost north 20 grand then I would have needed a stand by gen another 8 10 grand

when I put the solar on my roof at home I did the sums and the end result was 5 years to fully repay me for the expense if I did the same cost analist to day 6 to 7 years and with a lot off cut backs

old k I notice greatly reduced used by you why would you not put in a system that would cut your power bill to zero on your house

marty that word climate is another word for make more money for the al gores of this world weather patterns have changed 20 years ago the highs an lows came across aust from above perth now they come in across the bite naturally the warm air that is in the tropics and the cooler air aint meeting in the right place what piece off that is not getting through in other words globule warming is sheet neil

They even out the BUMPS neil. Nothing does it better. It has the quickest response and is the easiest controlled and they are part of the mix for the future

I gather you don't believe the climate is in need of consideration/attention . The ocean is becoming too acidic and lethal to crustaceans, as it has been absorbing CO2 more and more and the temperature records are being broken every where.

. What the hell are you reading for your facts? Even Farmers are looking at their records and realizing the trend. There's a great effort being made by people with vested interests to confuse the issue and they have plenty of money. and wish to keep on making it even at the expense of the environment. CO2 readings can be relied on and they went past 400 a few years back. What makes YOU think you can just burn Coal and oil like there's NO tomorrow and not affect the atmosphere?. The atmosphere is not actually very large At a height of about 3 and a half miles 1/2 of the molecules in the atmosphere are below you. That's how sparse it actually is.

You are very insulting to people who think differently to yourself. here.. That's not particularly acceptable in a conversation. and it doesn't add anything. of value . Climate matters are subject to verification and are BASED on science not belief. How long you just ignore certain basic facts is up to you. The climate discussion has been politicised for party politics and point scoring and PROFITS , so facts go out the window. Once the discussion wasn't so Party differentiated. I doubt you would get preselected in the Lib/ LNP if you made public that you agreed the climate is being affected by human activity and needs to be addressed.. BHP less than a year ago came straight out with statements agreeing with what you won't accept a bar of.. Gina Rhinehart gives millions to the IPA. That's been kept a secret until recently. They don't make public who their donors are but the donations are tax deductible. and they appear on the ABC regularly and spruik anti global warming rhetoric all the time. Nev

Neil, re - batteries, you and I have had this discussion many times. I think last time you said that "the batteries in SA were flat again". I believe I posted links that pretty comprehensibly blew that assertion out of the water. It seems that evidence is not particularly important to you. It is your opinion that the batteries are not fulfilling the purpose they were intended for, it is my opinion that they are providing a useful purpose. These are both just opinions and as such pretty worthless. No one should ever have any respect for my opinion BUT if I back up my opinion with good quality verifiable evidence, that is a different matter. I accept that you may reject the evidence but it would be more impressive if you provided alternative evidence.

Remember when you asserted that electricity was expensive because of renewable energy? You even sighted the ACCC enquiry even though it blew your assertions out of the water.

This is how thin the atmosphere is

[ATTACH]49494._xfImport[/ATTACH]

EarthAtmosphere_tif.746x600_q85.thumb.jpg.7d88b87be4f68a38098233c98c3efda7.jpg

The best battery is water from pumped hydro as it has almost an infinite life. The ANU identified over 2000 sites on the East Coast of which only 30 odd would be required to provide all of the energy needed and they could be built by 2020. Wind & solar will be used to pump the water up during the day when there's a surplus & the turbines will run when the demand is high. Wind & solar farms are springing up everywhere but other than the ridiculously huge Snowy 2 what is happening with pumped hydro especially the ones that can use sea water?

Sea water is too corosive to use.It even eats stainless steel. Add to that the grit from storms.& it becomes a nightmare.spacesailer

My wife works for a company that builds desalination plants and she tells me that Duplex 2205 or Super Duplex Stainless steel is the industry standard for seawater applications.

It might be a bit of an environmental problem. as is salt on roads. Reinforced cement pipes might be affected too. What about having large flywheels with electro regenerative motor /generator More compact and less cost. Quick response to a demand situation. Have them in large numbers for demand fluctuations. Nev

Back a couple of decades, it was proposed that a flywheel could be put in the cellar under every house. That was before we had cheap solar PV panels to spin them up. For sure, spinning flywheels are (apparently) not very efficient. But if your primary power is free, who cares?

Or something like a funicular railway. Fixed spinning flywheels shouldn't have a lot of problems. They could be in a vacuum and floating in a magnetic field. I've never liked the idea of having them in a moving situation. Gyroscopic precession is very powerful. Nev