Electric Cars - the discussion continues.

Phil Perry

They look like Greenspeeds. Back in about the mid 90s we had Greenspeed build the first recumbent trike with pedal-powered trailer, a truly awesome machine

[ATTACH=full]3877[/ATTACH]

Yes Greenspeed GT20s

and I haven't so far managed to get the dog in the trailer to pedal.

Yes Greenspeed GT20sand I haven't so far managed to get the dog in the trailer to pedal.

I do remember going on a long ride and after a while, my 5-year-old son went quiet. We looked back to see that he had fallen asleep and restrained by his harness had slumped to one side his helmet almost touching the road. Other than that we had a great few years on that beast.

"This aversion to paying tax? IF you go to an event, say car rally, you pay an entry fee which covers various things and that's ok,"You are Joking .

I'm Not paying those stupidly high fee's , if I can't sneak in I'm out of there !. LoL

I did think of the "Chinese dancers show" but no way could a government pensioner afford the Hundreds of dollars they want for a couple of hours entertainment.

NOW "woolies" are putting up the milk price, (only for their suppliers), which means lots of Pensioners will either go elsewhere, or Go without.

Will the government raise our pension to match Woolies increase,?. I doubt they would even think about it.

spacesailor

did they reduce the pension when the price of milk got reduced to $1/litre? The price of milk goes into CPI and pensions are linked to the CPI or better.

Ten cents a litre - not a great impost - and I'm a pensioner. But we use more expensive milk, lactose free and Skinny Milk.

It's strange that Coles used the "family budget" line to reject 10c on milk, but had no compunction in putting their $1 loaves of bread up to $1.25, with no fanfare. Of course, Woolies did the same.

Coles, Aldi & Woolies are only a part of the problem. ASIC did a study & found all the hype was BS. The farmer sells to a milk processor. Many of these are farmer co-operatives so they own the processor. The processor then sells to Coles/Aldi/Woolies.

All of the processors need to get together and set a minimum price they will sell to C/A/W. Do they do this? Nooo. That is far too sensible. They let the retailers dictate terms & bargain them down to the lowest price by promising big sales or they won't take the milk. If they all said NO, you must accept our minimum & pass that back to the Milk producers what would happen if C/A/W refused? They wouldn't get any milk would they & consumers would get rather pissed off. They might try & import Milk. Where would this come from? NZ is closest but they have a system that links the price to what they get on the world market so that wouldn't work & it would be too expensive to import from anywhere else.

So Aussie Dairy Farmers and Milk Processors get together with everyone in the dairy industry nation wide & take them on. Will this happen? Not likely as they can't agree on anything except to blame the retailers.

So saying a litre of milk is only valued at $1. has no effect.? it diminishes and devalues the product.in the eye of most purchasers. they will chase the lowest price because they actually don't care about the producers. It's a bit like someone going 6 extra kms or more to save 2 or 3 cents for say 30 litres which is 60 cents. Your time is worth more than that, and you'd be lucky if the car goes for less than 35 cents a km.

There were other factors . There was/is a world surplus of milk products, The purchasing power of the small number of retailers acting in concert has been paying a price for milk that is below the cost of production for many producers that have rising costs of production, they have no control over.. THAT will send people broke and out of the industry(natural consequence) Next effect is a shortage of milk within Australia which will be made up by purchasing from overseas to make up for the shortfall, giving us the same quality control problems China gets . Is that a desired outcome? I can't see that it can be. Nev

You can bet if the producers co-ops pushed up the price the big woolcols would claim price fixing to the ACCC.

Also the very co-ops have actively screwed their members and are run like corporates. Some ripped members then sold to big milk at pittance. Most dairy farmers have been royally screwed from all sides.

"did they reduce the pension when the price of milk got reduced to $1/litre? "

YES

In a very sneaky way.

The government in it's wisdom reduced wage TAX, knowing that the poorest (pensioner's unemployed single parents & homeless) DO NOT PAY TAX as earned.

Thus reducing what they can afford.

spacesailor

You can bet if the producers co-ops pushed up the price the big woolcols would claim price fixing to the ACCC.

Also the very co-ops have actively screwed their members and are run like corporates. Some ripped members then sold to big milk at pittance. Most dairy farmers have been royally screwed from all sides.

Absolutely correct. As soon as Coles started their $1.00 milk Woolies & Aldi were right there with the same price. Price fixing in reverse. Retailers claim it is just being competitive.

When you think about it, It's not the 10c but the fact it's just a gimmick to get the price up just for Themselves.

There's less processing in standard milk so the price should be as low For the population the needs WHOLE milk.

the Fancy milk can be used to supplement the whole milk, So put that 10c onto all the fancy milk, AND none Dairy "milk" products. I'm sure the well off will NOT begrudge a Tiny 10c to the farmer's wellfare.

(that's if it is Whole milk & not watered down).

I am still awaiting a nice tryout in an Electric car, If it's so economic to use electricity to Fuel that loan car, I promise to buy $1.10c milk with the sudden increase in my wealth. LoL

spacesailor

Spacesailor, unless you are lactose intolerant or live with someone who is, you don't know how incapacitating it can be. My daughter is lactose intolerant and whole milk gives her irritable bowel syndrome and she almost has to live on the loo. Even a small amount, even a tablespoon in something cooked, can have the effect. And the amount of unlikely products affected, eg KFC and KFC Fries, potato crisps, biscuits, etc., which contain milk or milk solids, make shopping a nightmare. We have to use lactose free milk, cream, cheese, sour cream and ice cream. Fortunately, these are readily available at Woolies or Coles, but they are not cheap. Woolies brand lactose free milk is $2 per litre, Liddels is $2.40. Peters lactose free ice cream is $7.00 per tub.

Hi RED,

Yes I've two grandchildren with it.

But I've just watched a Really stinky doco on "The gut",

It was fascinating to see ( only Outside western medicine) The use of POO to recharge the gut with it's missing microbes.

The list of cures range from, Crones disease, Lactose intolerant, and the one I wouldn't have thought possible ,M S,

Yes one unexpected, (diagnosed) Multiple-Scierosis was cured, along with his "Hayfever".

The doctor/scientist in Western Australia are looking at it. BUT, it's not allowed to be used here.

Possible this one ,but plenty more out there !.

https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/1415703619777/the-power-of-poo[/url?

spacesailor

I was just told, You can (if well off) buy three litres of milk for $2.85,

Of course it,s not in retail shops, but if you buy a $ 60 membership, you get "wholesale priced groceries".

What type of POOR people can afford $60, to shop with the wealthy.

It's only 60 litres of milk from Coles !.

spacesailor

That last "Power of Poo" didn't work as intended,

So : The Power of Poo – I Contain Multitudes – Medium :

Try again, copy & past into browser.

Hoping it could Help a member or someone close, with a cure for what our doctor's seem NOT to want to help with.

Including that "Lyme's disease" , That Australia doesn't have !. ( If suspected send blood sample to the good old US of A.)

Lost a relative to Crones disease a couple of years ago, Bedridden for decades with NO hope.

spacesailor

• 1 month later...

A range of all-electric vehicles is now being built in Brisbane. The range includes a small delivery van, a utility, with a city car due by the end of the year. The delivery van, called the Ace Cargo, will go on display at the Sydney Smart Energy Expo tomorrow, April 2. The utility has the quirky name of the Ace Yewt. The city car, the Ace Urban, is similar in size to the Daimler Smart Car.

[ATTACH]49981._xfImport[/ATTACH]

Here is a link to their home page.

Ace Electric Vehicles

955538992_ACECARGO.thumb.JPG.fe0592c5c5849e38498dd370b31dfe1a.JPG

I Googled "Electric Vans" and looked at images. Hundreds of all shapes and sizes but none from overseas that look like this one. So I don't know why they show a left hand drive in the interior images. Must be aiming for export orders.

BUT

They say !.

NOT selling to the retail public.

"The first electric car to be manufactured in Australia.

Will Not be sold to the public

The two-seater van ($40,000) was built in an unassuming warehouse south of Brisbane by a motley crew for small Queensland start-up ACE EV"

A bit mean of them.

spacesailor.

I want an "Off-road" EV. LoLOr just a loan car to see if I"M suitable for the next generation of vehicles.

Drove an electric milk-cart in the fifties.

spacesailor

YAY ! around 1959, Uncle Cyril ( Our local Milkie in West Bromwich ) allowed me some dual instruction in driving his electric milk float.

It had a curved manual Steering Bar, with a Button on the end ( Warning Horn ) and a motorbike style lever which had to be squeezed to let go the brakes and power the wheels.. This assembly protruded from the front of the cart, which also had a rain awning sticking out from the top to keep him dry whilst walking the cart around the streets in the rain. If you tripped and let go the lever,the machine would stop immediately. . .for me as a nine year old, I had to walk fairly Briskly, so I reckon it did around 4 MPH. . .

Later I saw a few of these things hauling Bread deliveries, and one mobile Greengrocer. There was the guy selling fizzy Pop too. . . I wasn't sharp enough then to ask how long the batteries would allow the carts to travel, I just assume it was enough. All the operators seemed to be very Fit though, unsurprisingly.

In the early sixties these contraptions were replaced with larger EVs, with a driver's cab at the front, and a steering wheel ( Luxury )