Silly Picture Thread.

Phil Perry

I have maintained my decision to stay away from anything resembling 'Soshul Meedja' ( with the exception of the redoubtable and excellent 'Recreational Flying' of course. . .) Until the AMERICAN ELECTION IS OVER. ( Bloody sick of it ! )

I have correspondingly fewer silly pictures to post as a result HOWEVER I still have lunatic friends who send me stuff via email . . . .

This from friend Bernie in Dublin. . . ( Not sure I understand what it's on about, but perhaps one of you chaps or chapesses will ?

[ATTACH]48178._xfImport[/ATTACH]

1887698986_DRINKINGBADGER.thumb.png.47585a620690fafc3c83b4991778aacf.png

Appropos of nothing really,. . It's interesting to note that, allegedly, just TEN companies own nearly ALL of the world's major food brands. . . . ( Can't see Vegemite, must be a niche market product )

Who knew ?

[ATTACH=full]46741[/ATTACH]

Vegemite is made by Kraft Foods who are a subsidiary of Mondelez.

RIGHT.

Relaxing night in front of the telly to watch the American Presidential Election results.

TV Remote - - - Check.

Drink - - - - - - - Check.

Popcorn - - - - - Check.

[ATTACH=full]46770[/ATTACH]

Phil:

I gave you a funny smiley for that, but depending on the outcome, none of us may be thinking it's funny at all.

Phil:

I gave you a funny smiley for that, but depending on the outcome, none of us may be thinking it's funny at all.

I DO wish I'd said what I'm actually watching Scott. . . . ! !

Battle of Midway. ( I know, I know,. . .I LOVE old war movies ! ! Got 'The Battle of Britain up next. . . ) However, my popcorn is in a bag, as the syrup stuck to my neck last time. . . and the beer is really a large glass of a Barossa Valley red. - I drink healthily you see. . .

RIGHT.

Relaxing night in front of the telly to watch the American Presidential Election results.

TV Remote - - - Check.

Drink - - - - - - - Check.

Popcorn - - - - - Check.

[ATTACH=full]46770[/ATTACH]

That's actually quite smart! I believe they make them for horses too.

Our new Airfield 'neighbours' are up and running. . .( so I am told )

[ATTACH]48183._xfImport[/ATTACH]

Photo taken over the top of our Southern hangar block.

These generators are situated 1.35 Km off the end of Rwy 25, so not really close enough to be an obstruction problem.

The project has been on again / off again for several years. The original planning spec showed that the maximum height AGL of the blade arc would be 500 feet. They don't seem that big from a distance. . ., but they are, I went and had a look over last weekend.

Whether or not we will have any rotational turbulence issues on the Rwy 25 ailgnment affecting departures; is debatable. . . the prevailing airflow in this part of the world is South Westerley. Only time will tell. I drive past these structures around five times weekly but thus far, have not seen them actively rotating, although we have not had much wind at all of late, they will, of course need some of this to operate successfully ( ! ).

487962290_WindmillsR.thumb.jpg.2fba643dc9eb54561e2abf7ac413c387.jpg

[ATTACH]48184._xfImport[/ATTACH]

Hey guys and galls phil gotta fan club sorta big Neil spacer.png

S'allright for you to bloody giggle,. . . but if they were on OUR side of the M6 motorway, we could bury a crafty extension lead and nick some free wind power for our cafe. . .save a fortune.

Now,. . .the sandwich toaster draws 6A @ 230VAC, . . . what's the VD on 1.5 mil cable over 1.35 Km. ..? . . .

576516196_PISSOFFBIGGLES.thumb.png.2ab82fcc9a92a24182a5849ba0c333b3.png