Silly Picture Thread.

Phil Perry

• 2 weeks later...

I just acquired a new Hifi. . . . . It was being chucked out by a nice old Lady down the street. . . too nice to allow that to happen. . .

And guess what ?. . .it Works ! ! Anybody got some 78s they don't want ?. . .not only this, but it has a terrific AM shortwave receiver too. . .so I can listen to all the stuff I missed from years ago. . .

[ATTACH]48177._xfImport[/ATTACH]

Regrettably it isn't genuine Rosewood, just bloody Walnut veneer but it was free. . . and I can keep me booze bottles and some old LPs inside too ! ! Win Win. . .

>

50393476_NEWHIFI.thumb.jpg.b0f0e4e6e51aeec13ff51d7f4d529f38.jpg

I just acquired a new Hifi. . . . . It was being chucked out by a nice old Lady down the street. . . too nice to allow that to happen. . .

And guess what ?. . .it Works ! ! Anybody got some 78s they don't want ?. . .not only this, but it has a terrific AM shortwave receiver too. . .so I can listen to all the stuff I missed from years ago. . .

[ATTACH=full]46710[/ATTACH]

Regrettably it isn't genuine Rosewood, just bloody Walnut veneer but it was free. . . and I can keep me booze bottles and some old LPs inside too ! ! Win Win. . .

>

Very nice Phil.

Apparently vinyl is making a comeback too - so it's not only your golden oldie's you can listen to!

We have so many 78's and no machine to play them.

[ATTACH=full]46710[/ATTACH]

>

Very nice Phil.

Apparently vinyl is making a comeback too - so it's not only your golden oldie's you can listen to!

I have around 270 old vinyl albums in my loft,. . some I collected over the last 40 odd years, and some given to me by a retiring old mobile DJ chappie. . .I've been playing some of them since I got the thing last week. . . the deck looks reminiscent of the old Garrard SP series from the early 1960s,. The speakers are working perfectly, so it's obviously never been exposed to damp.

I could not BELIEVE that the stylus was still useable, but this set has been unused for a very long time. Regrettably, I gave away my vinyl singles collection a few years ago, when She-who-must-be-obeyed said they were taking up space. . . ( ! ) AH - edit - Mrs reminded me that there is a copy of the Beatles Magical Mystery Tour EP in her drawers. . (The mind doth boggle ) . .

And to GEOFF13. . .I dunno if this stylus would be suitable for 78s Sir, . . My Grannie's old 78 machine used a metal stylus rather than a bit of crystal if memory serves . . .

Radio Caroline?

I think that sunk didn't it ?. . . . .very sad though . . then there was Atlantic252 . . . And Radio North Sea. . . those were the days eh ? Still got me flared jeans and Cuban heeled boots and the 'Che Lives' and ' CND / Ban the Bomb' T-shirts somewhere. . .

That is not a metal stylus for old 78s it is a needle. Just about anything could play a 78. I once played one with my thumb nail. I keep them too short to do that now, but it was recognisable as music. Which is more than can be said for a lot of what the ABC plays during its breakfast radio show.

That is not a metal stylus for old 78s it is a needle. Just about anything could play a 78. I once played one with my thumb nail. I keep them too short to do that now, but it was recognisable as music. Which is more than can be said for a lot of what the ABC plays during its breakfast radio show.

?????

We're afraid to ask where the music came out............................)

But, why does he need glasses? His retina is invisible, thus photons pass through, thus he is blind, so WHY THE GLASSES???

PLEASE EXPLAIN!

Ahhh asumptions.,.. you are assuming he's transparent and not that the light bends around him.

Ahhh asumptions.,.. you are assuming he's transparent and not that the light bends around him.

Hmmm - may still be a problem. If the light bends around his corneas then he still sees nothing but black...

...but what's the point of getting scientific about fictional characters with imaginary superpowers??