Silly Picture Thread.

Phil Perry

Guest Deskpilot1
I'd cook it first if I were you Phil... if eating was the intention, anyway.

You're not suggesting he'd fook it, are you?

I don't have a picture of it, but a lot of ointment-based medications have the strict instruction: 'USE ONLY IF SEAL UNBROKEN'.

Naturally, I obey. They don't seem to do any good, but on the upside, they last forever..

The latest issue of 'Der Speigel' ( The German News Magazine ) Has a most amusing cover graphic.. . .

[ATTACH]48210._xfImport[/ATTACH]

Subtitle : 'The end of the World - ( as we know it ) '

Having a chuckle to a couple of friends aabout this, ( NO, I don't actually BUY the thing ) One of those I spoke to is himself of German origin, and he told me a story about the history of this publication, particularly about it's founders ( Mostly Nazis ) following WW2. I did a bit of research ( Not a lot else to do with my time. . ! ) and came up with this lot, just in case there are any forumites who may have a passing interest. . .

One of the original publisheres, Franz Six, seen here at the Nuremburg Trials.

[ATTACH]48211._xfImport[/ATTACH]

Everything You Always Wanted to Know About "Der Spiegel"

Rudolf Augstein - Wikipedia (a very carefully worded and edited account)

Rudolf Diels - Wikipedia

Bernhard Wehner - Wikipedia

Horst Mahnke – Wikipedia (in German)

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georg_Wolff_(Journalist) (in German)

Franz Six - Wikipedia

Wilfred von Oven - Wikipedia

Der Spiegel, Rudolf Augstein und die deutsche Nation (in German, please use a translator)

Antifa Frankfurt - Börne-Preis für Rudolf Augstein (in German)

Spiegel-Trump-.thumb.jpeg.aa0bb4cd43b50e586dbfeb5429cd13d1.jpeg

Six-franz-nuremberg.thumb.jpg.330656e22c77db9dc9915eeea74189b6.jpg

In the interests of keeping some decorum in the forum, we will consider this chart one of research on glove sizes by an actual manufacturer of rubber products, you know, dishwashing gloves for the kitchen.

And I must thank my Dad and my German heritage for my big, strong hands, I am somewhat shocked at learning there is some African linage somewhere though ....

[ATTACH]48212._xfImport[/ATTACH]

274322401_poorKoreans2.thumb.jpg.dfa079246c7b7743287f0ec57134611d.jpg

Caption competition - usual rules, family show, keep it clean. . .

[ATTACH=full]47182[/ATTACH]

While it was clear that some cruel prankster had, once again, adjusted Alberto's saddle beyond the reach of his little legs, the enquiry was unable to establish the reason for his sudden uncontrolled u-turn, or just how the green paint from the lamp-post came to be imprinted on the back of his helmet....

Italian PC; Mama Mia!

American PC; Babe!

English PC; Page 3!

Australian PC; Hmm, bald roller wheels, at least $130 and 2 points ....

So true, my wife was fined recently for riding her bike with the dog on a lead " having a dog tied to a moving vehicle" . If my memory is correct it was $230.

So true, my wife was fined recently for riding her bike with the dog on a lead " having a dog tied to a moving vehicle" . If my memory is correct it was $230.

Yep, 40yrs ago I was fined as a passenger in NSW for having my elbow out the window of a moving vehicle...bizarre....

Daughter's Partner looking over my shoulder, asked me what site I was using. . .I showed him another thread, then this one. ( I didn't tell him I'd posted the pic. ..)

His caption ? ? ? ?

'This proves conclusively that Police Cyclists are 75% Gay'

Nah...it's actually one of those training exercises...like they make loud noises and wave umbrellas in front of police horses: they make 'em keep cycling past...erm...various diversions.... to harden 'em to the realities of active duty...so to speak.....

Great JOY ! The scaled down Spitfire kit has finally arrived. . .going to start building over the Christmas break. Really looking forward to this. . .

Just curious ...

It looks like an old kit, yes/no? I believe they hold their value by NOT being put together?

Gosh Phil, that Spitfire looks just like my Jabiru kit did when it arrived years ago. I wonder if the Jabiru kit would be worth more if I hadn't put it together. It was $24,000 for the airframe kit and $12,000 for the engine kit.

Mind you, putting it together kept me out of the pub. How do you account for all these things?

Just curious ...

It looks like an old kit, yes/no? I believe they hold their value by NOT being put together?

Gosh Phil, that Spitfire looks just like my Jabiru kit did when it arrived years ago. I wonder if the Jabiru kit would be worth more if I hadn't put it together. It was $24,000 for the airframe kit and $12,000 for the engine kit.Mind you, putting it together kept me out of the pub. How do you account for all these things?

Yes Gents, that kit was purchased circa 1960 I am told, by one of our guys at the CLub. He then lost it and forgot about it until recently. They packe them in cardboard boxes nowadays.

The only proviso with these older kits is that you have to imagine the instructions being read out to you in the same sort of voice we used to hear at the cinema on the old black and white Pathe Newsreels. . . ..

In the interests of keeping some decorum in the forum, we will consider this chart one of research on glove sizes by an actual manufacturer of rubber products, you know, dishwashing gloves for the kitchen.

And I must thank my Dad and my German heritage for my big, strong hands, I am somewhat shocked at learning there is some African linage somewhere though ....

[ATTACH=full]47181[/ATTACH]

Ach ! Zo. . . . Zis is vye so many of your young aryan men are named HANS. . Ja ? ? ?