Why can't a man be just like a woman?

old man emu

Don't worry too much about those visible tats .

There's a coloured model who cannot have sex , because of the " scarring " she endured,  as a tribal custom that . Removed a part of her anatomy. 

Even " circumcision " , should  not be tolerated. 

Or at least , done in a ' surgical ' environment. 

Not the religious nut with a penknife ! .

spacesailor

• Agree 1

On 27/04/2024 at 1:35 AM, red750 said:

You are absolutely right, and again it looks like I'm in the minority.

There's no right or wrong; you're welcome to express your opinion as I trust we are, too. That is the great thing of living in the [relatively] free part of the world.

Personally, I hate all forms of smoking - even vaping, while not often smelling disgusting, to me, looks disgusting - it physically repulses me. Yet, many men find it alluring when a woman smokes in a partular way. Not much repulses me more and I would guess I am in the minority if most people I know are anything to go by.,

Different strokes for different folks..

Edited by Jerry_Atrick
  • Agree 1

We use to call them Tramp stamps.

No my liking but each to their own.

What I really dislike is coppers covered in tatts, beards are ok but not tatts.

Hard to tell from jail gronks and Bikie gangs.

1 hour ago, Litespeed said:

What I really dislike is coppers covered in tatts,

I went through my police training at the end of the 70s with an ex-sailor who had a tattoo of a ship's propeller on each of his bum cheeks. Back then tatts were rare, but now they are just normal amongst the generation of our young police. If there is anything for a retired copper to get annoyed about is the untidiness of the uniform they now wear. 

How intimate, you, two 😉

10 hours ago, Litespeed said:

What I really dislike is coppers covered in tatts, beards are ok but not tatts.

I haven't seen one covered in tatts over here.. I think a small one here or there...  I personally don't care, and it may well allow them to connect with those they have to keep under control, so could actually be a benefit.

9 hours ago, old man emu said:

If there is anything for a retired copper to get annoyed about is the untidiness of the uniform they now wear. 

Yeah - when  left Aus, the Vic Police still had the older style uniforms; when I first came back, it was a much more casual affair. But, thinking about it, for chasing and wrestling down those whom they protect us from, it is probably easier in the new kit compared to that of old. I will always go for function over form, but would be interesting to hear from a retired policeman.

3 hours ago, Marty_d said:

Unless I'm much mistaken,  OME is a retired policeman.

Make no mistake about it, OME is, but I shock myself when I realise that it's 18 years, but I went out on a pension and was only in my mid-50s.

8 hours ago, Jerry_Atrick said:

But, thinking about it, for chasing and wrestling down those whom they protect us from, it is probably easier in the new kit compared to that of old.

Before they introduced the cargo pants I wore trousers and a short sleeved shirt. In winter I also wore a clip-on ready-knotted tie and a leather jacket. The trousers didn't have knee or thigh pockets to be filled with stuff that would throw your legs out of their correct line of movement when running. The trousers were easy to wash and iron. I wore short-sleeved shirts because I felt restricted in movement by long-sleeves, but they were available to those who liked them. The leather jacket had a removable fleecy liner if you needed extra warmth.

The only good part of the current uniform is the appointments jerkin which allows one to carry a radio, spray and a Taser while having the weight of these items carried on the shoulders. The reason they were introduced was that police were getting lower back problems when all these appointments were being carried on an overbelt at the waist. 

• Informative 3