Israel

willedoo

which for that culture is saying something.

I have a CEO who is very well-traveled and respectful of all religions.
always telling us we need to travel to Jerusalem. to experience the culture and history.

But the only time I've ever heard him say something negative about a group was the leadership in Israel.
Not the people. but the leadership and the culture of the old men in power, men who don't offer anything else to society and instead seek control inside the community. those who speak in hushed tones and reject any change or individualism. 

I have to say this has nothing to do with the faith and the people as a whole.

Edited by spenaroo
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

7 minutes ago, spenaroo said:

I have to say this has nothing to do with the faith and the people as a whole.

I hope that we are agreed that it is the Government of Israel that we are sending our protests to. It seems that this weekend the people were in the streets calling for a change of leadership.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/in-tel-aviv-rally-protesters-denounce-government-call-for-new-elections/

• Agree 1

now something that hasnt been discussed.

why has the US given Israel a free pass to do as they please...

two reasons. I believe

Joint Defence development - dont foget the US funded a significant part of Iron Dome, and use the tech in their own defense systems.

and the second - computer chips,

Isreal is the largest developer and manufacturer of advanced computer chips outside of Asia.

• Informative 1

I feel Jo and Blinken have done a fairly good job. It hasn't been Blind support. Netanyahu listens to no one and IF this fracas was not happening he'd be facing the Courts. IF anyone criticises Bibi He accuses them of Anti Semitism immediately as IF HIS word is LAW. It's the most fundamentalist right wing government ever for the Zionists.   Nev

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

I reckon Netanyahu has done a terrible job. How they were caught by surprise when they should have infiltrated hamas is only the start. It was clear from the beginning that Hamas was only doing it to make the response look bad, and Netanyahu has played right into their hands. He should have given more time/s for civilians to leave as the US wanted, and worked harder at making the hamas thugs look like the bad guys. And he should have nicely asked the surrounding Arab countries to take some refugees and thus made them partially guilty in the sad outcome.

I reckon he is too dumb to be leading what I hoped was a smart nation.

• Like 3

The problem is, Hamas IS the bad guys. They have totally dedicated themselves from Day One to the total destruction and elimination of Israel. What else could you expect from a bunch who worship the most intolerant God ever? A God who tells them to kill everyone who doesn't submit to Islam.

This entire place is a veritable pit of murderous scumbags, and its entire multi-thousand year history, is nothing but a continuous cycle of murder, destruction and more ruthless murder.

And the Israelis of today are totally unrelated to anything termed "Israelite" in the Biblical texts. They're little different to the Islamics they're killing off.

This is just the last 75 yrs of Palestinian history, since the formation of the modern State of Israel. But go back further, and you find nothing has changed, only the weaponry and the combatants.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/brief-history-gazas-75-years-woe-2023-10-10/

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

50 minutes ago, facthunter said:

Become an atheist and get the monkey off your back.

Or better still, become a Pastafarian and get to wear a colander on your head (and talk like a pirate). It's serious stuff. In New Zealand, a Pastafarian minister can hold legal, binding marriage ceremonies. It's either the only one, or one of the very few countries where Pastafarian marriages are legally recognised.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, spacesailor said:

" Gluten Free " 

Were do they put All the ' Gluten ' taken out of food .

I've never spotted ' ONE ' product Gluten enriched. 

I often wonder what it would taste like. 

spacesailor

That's a comedic gem! You should try to sell it to a stand-up comedian. Well done tha man!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Israel is in the news again. I agree with their right to defend themselves against Hamas, and that for Israel to go after cowards that hide behind civilians to wage their war, whether one thinks their cause is right or wrong, is actually them (Hamas) brining on the tragedy for the civilians. Having said that, I think Israel have escalated their attacks based on appeasing their ultra-right wing nutjobs and to give Netanyahu a chance of political survival rather than acceptable level of combat. Then they go and kill 2 Iranian generals in the Iranian consulate (or similar). That in itself is not the issue - but also the fact they attacked the Iranian consulate offices is downright dumb.

Iran has for the first time directly attacked Israeli soil... I guess the Israeli's expected they would direct Hamas to come out fighting for Iran - or Hezbollah or some other.. When the Isarelis hit the consular offices, I thought it was a mightily dumb thing to do and suspected Iran may more than just sabre rattle like they have done in the past.

Yet, the mainstream media are writing as if to suggest it will Iran that destablises the region further. I have to admit, I don't get it.. I get that the Iranians are a destabilising influence, and I get that they fund a lot of the terror groups against Israel. But, there are tactics and strategy, and it would appear that Israel is currently not playing the strategy and tactics well. Or am I missing something?

• Agree 1

The ire I have for the actions of the Israeli government - and I specifically  restrict myself to the government - is that it is applying the very same techniques that the Western World labelled as crimes against humanity when they were carried out by the Hitler's mob. Remember that Netanyahu is not a Holocaust survivor. His parents were not Holocaust survivors. His mother was born in Jerusalem and his father migrated to Mandatory Palestine,  a geopolitical entity that existed between 1920 and 1948 in the region of Palestine under the terms of the League of Nations Mandate for Palestine, before the holocaust.

Problem with Israel always has been and always will be the Zionists.

remember originally they were welcomed by the Arabs and aimed to work together - or at least they sold that they were to work together.

then the Zionists decided that it was their holy right and no unclean should be residing on their promised land.