Death of another Australian industry.

red750

Australia's last white paper manufacturer is closing. The plant is located in the Latrobe Valley. Restrictions on logging are quoted as the reason. Paper supplies (writing paper, printer paper, exercise books, envelopes, etc.) will be sourced from overseas, primarily China. Prices wil inevitably increase. The only paper produced here will be recycled paper.

• Sad 1

Back about 1994, I visiited that paper mill, well, the offices at least. I worked for a company that produced a software package for managing hazardous goods data, Materials Safety Data Sheets. I had to instal the software on their computer.

• Informative 1

I believe red cordial is the best treatment for "Delhi Belly", and the cordials with a high percentage of rasperry juice are best. Cottees cordial used to be the recommended one, but many reckon Cascade rasperry juice cordial is better.

There's something in the chemical and sugar content that kills the bugs. I hate to think what else the red cordial kills in your stomach.

• Like 1

I spent two weeks in Hyderabad.. I ate the local fayre for all but one meal.. inclduding from street vendors. The stuff was so cooked from the street vendors, that if I only ate it, I would have died of malnutrition as anything useable was cooked out of it. But, the only time I got sick was when I ordered, on the Sunday, a roast chicken from the hotel.. Apparently western food is ordered so infrequently, that it sits in the warmer for days or even a week before they throw it out.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1