Sanctions against Russia

Bruce Tuncks

In my imagination, I see a Ukranian granny with an AK47 challenging Putin ( holed up in a bunker in Moscow) to a duel in an open paddock in Ukraine.

The challenge would not even be aimed at Putin, but at the soldiers who are serving him. They would not be heartened at their leader's behaviour.

It's a weakness of dictatorships in general that there is no way to protect their constituents if and when they go crazy.

I think that Putin lives in a bunker surrounded by thousands of guards. This is a better deal than his soldiers get, and they should be shown this. Unlike an elected leader, Putin has to appear a strong man and the sight of him too scared to face a granny would not be good for his macho image.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

ALL of his type want to be a GOD-EMPEROR.  .Nothing NEW there. They kill and smash because they CAN. HE has just shown the WORLD how weak his troops are and what a ruthless BARBARIAN He is. .Behaves more like HITLER in the last days, blaming his own people. Nev

Edited by facthunter
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

At the rally in Moscow, Putin borrowed the bible to describe the Russian troops fighting in Ukraine - “There is no greater love than giving up one’s soul for one’s friends.” You don't see him over there with a helmet on giving up his own soul.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Putin is channelling the Man from Uncle character. Kuryakin is consistently referred to as Russian; however, he appears to have spent at least some of his childhood in Kyiv, Ukraine and his name is spelled the Ukrainian way not the Russian way (Illya vs Iliya).

200px-David_McCallum_Man_From_UNCLE_1965.jpg

• Informative 2

1 hour ago, nomadpete said:

That's a sneaky way of telling us that you think Putin might spend too much time polishing his bishop.

If he spent a bit more time polishing the bishop and less time listening to one, he might be more relaxed and not have to invade sovereign nations.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jerry_Atrick said:

The Kinzhal is one of the ones that worry the Americans; the so called carrier killer, 2,000 k range, Mach 10 and guideable. It was interesting to hear the newsreader on the ABC yesterday say that Russia is the current world leader in missile technology. Everybody knows it, but it doesn't often get publicly stated like that.

• Informative 1
  • Sad 1

Another Su-34 downed was Red 24, the first Su-34 ever lost in combat, and I think the first Russian fixed wing lost in Ukraine. The pilot, Major Krasnoruchev, was photographed in Syria beside Assad and Putin in 2016. One of their top pilots who also flew for the state flight test centre. It was taken down by a Soviet era MANPAD apparently. The pilot survived injured and was captured by the Ukrainians, but no word on his co-pilot. I wonder if we'll ever know the full extent of Russian losses. I certainly don't think they expected it.

Su-34-1.jpg

Pilot-Putin-Assad.png

Su-34-Pilot-1.jpg