Australia Post

Yenn

Don't get upset....this is a joke.

A very poor man decides his last resort was to write a letter to God. His family is going hungry. He is behind on all of his bills. He is unemployed, and starting to become ill. He writes: “Dear Heavenly Father. I’ve no other resources. No other place to turn. I don’t ask for much. I really just need $1500 to catch up on my mortgage. Amen.”

So the mailman came by and picked up his letter addressed to God. He got a kick out of it and decided to open it up with his co-workers. They felt bad for the poor man and decided to scrounge up some money to help the old guy out. They mustered up about $1000 and dropped it in his mailbox in an envelope.

The next day they find another envelope addressed to God. They open it up and read: “Thank you God, so much! I knew we could count on you. Just an observation: Next time don’t send it through the post office. Those scoundrels took $500.”

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The vaccinations don't give you the disease as some would have you believe. There's only 2 people  of all the people  I know that haven't had it.  My wife had it for 18 days. The other is my 36 year old son. Most of those who got it have some ongoing problems linked to it.  Nev

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

The Gold Coast is the worst area I've come across for COVID. Stepson and his wife live there, they're healthy and fit martial arts experts, they've both had COVID twice.

It seems nearly everyone that stays with them in Burleigh Waters gets COVID. All the relatives on his wifes side of the family that stay there, get it.

SWMBO and myself paid them a visit in April 2023, and we both got it.

Never even remotely looked like getting COVID for 3 years in W.A., from 2020 to 2023, I had to go to the GC to get it.

It's stepsons birthday today - SWMBO rang him up, and his wifes sister, currently staying with him, has COVID.

SWMBO is going to visit them for 2 weeks from next Sunday, I'm hoping she doesn't get it again. Maybe their house needs a complete fumigation.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

What's wrong with those " aircraft dunnies. " , I got to the UK after such a Loong flight .I had to use a ' Suppository laxative ' to make my bowels work again ! .

Then the same when returning to Australia. 

spacesailor

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

"No-one else is having this problem". It's a standard fall-back position, refusing to take any responsibility for massive problems caused by corporate/management/manufacturing/maintenance failures.

As a previous owner of sizeable numbers of construction equipment, I used to hear this standard statement from any number of dealer managers when warranty complaints were lodged over equipment failures that shouldn't have happened.

And the cure was to start questioning other owners of the same type/make/model of equipment to see if they had experienced similar unexpected equipment failures.

9 times out 10, it didn't take long to find a sizeable list of other machine owners who were experiencing similar problems - and who also had all been told, "No-one else is having this problem".........