Australia Post

Yenn

I'm a mean S.O.B. but I can't help stirring these guys. Yesterday we received a parcel for my daughter. No text to say it was on it's way. It was dropped on our front door mat, but he couldn't spare the time to give a couple of taps on the glass panel beside the door to let us know it was there. If I had not gone outside, it could have sat there till a porch pirate came and grabbed it. I put a complaint on the Australia Post Complaints page on Facebook. The usual AP apologists came on with the usual "They're too busy to chat", etc. As I replied, I didn't want to chat, just be advised to go to the door. He wouldn't have had to take an extra step. But no, "Oh, they are so busy."

Then, this morning, my son went out to his car and there was another parcel on our mat. Only this time it was for a house two streets away. He had to take it and deliver it to them. The number was correct, and the first three letters of the street name were the same but that's where the similarity ended. I reported it again, and have had about 30 comments from the usual suspects. "So, you never made a mistake?" and similar. Also got about 50 Likes and comments such as "It happened to me, too."

These guys and women are so easy to wind up. It keeps a 79yo entertained.

IMG_1847.thumb.JPG.f1ba3f5cb15f50be5e23cebc1eaaf83f.JPG

• Like 1

3 hours ago, facthunter said:

This thread title Is AUSTRALIA POST. NOT BAG Australia Post.

Not this thread, Nev, it's a Facebook group. A place for people who have had their mail and parcels delivered to the wrong address, packages, often fragile, crammed into letterboxes which are way too small for them, people who have had mail taken to a post office 10 miles away for collection because 'there was nobody home" when the person was standing at their gate when the delivery van went straight past without stopping, people who have had their parcel left "in a safe place" dumped on a tree stump, or people who have had their parcel dumped on their lawn as if thrown from the delivery van cab. Yes, a lot are contractors, not AP staff, but AP does nothing to have these rednecks pulled into line. You've probably seen video on TV of them hurling and kicking parcels around, just like some airport baggage handlers. And mail going from Dandenong to Bendigo via Cairns, Karratha and Port Agusta. Even Australia Posts tracking system shows how many frequent flyer miles some parcels rack up. And they have more excuses than Speed Gordon. It's their bloody business for heavens sake.

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

If the AP van has an accident.  AP make No attempt to rescue ' your ' post, and let nature or the " accident insurance " , take the damaged vehicle away to either the wreckers or auction house for disposal,  with your belongings .

THAT WAS A DOCUMENTED CASE ,WERE THE OWNER TRACED THE VAN TO an AUCTION HOUSE AND BID ON HIS BELONGINGS .

spacesailor

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I just read that Aus post delivers around 2.5 billion items a year. The majority of these are delivered reasonably efficiently.  I can only recall 1 item not turning up and 1 item that took way too long (during covid).   Perhaps I am just lucky or perhaps I just don't dwell on the few occasions when things don't go perfectly.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, spacesailor said:

If the AP van has an accident.  AP make No attempt to rescue ' your ' post, and let nature or the " accident insurance " , take the damaged vehicle away to either the wreckers or auction house for disposal,  with your belongings .

THAT WAS A DOCUMENTED CASE ,WERE THE OWNER TRACED THE VAN TO an AUCTION HOUSE AND BID ON HIS BELONGINGS .

spacesailor

Have you got a link to this? It would seem to me the owner would be able to sue either AP or the auction house for conversion and either could be liable for theft

Edited by Jerry_Atrick
  • Like 2

My own experience includes the two incidents outined in my post above with the photo of my front door mat. Another incident a couple of years ago involved my wife's ashes. Due ro the pandemic,restrictions on funerals, my wife was cremated in an unattended cremation at a country crematorium. We included a wooden casket in the del. Te casket of ashes was returned to us by post. We received a text before 10 am t say the packege would be delivered by 1 pm. We sat in the lounge watching TV awaiting the delivery, about 2 mt from the door. When we had heard nothing by 1.30, I went to the door and was going to wait outside. When I opened the door, the packge was sitting on the step, ON ITS END. I have no idea how long it had been there. I reported to AP, the consultant feigned shock and said they would investigate, but I never heard anything more.

• Informative 1

The ACCC has come down hard on AP and Startrack for misleading and deceptive conduct, with regard to lost and damaged parcels they were transporting.

They have to pay $2.9M to approximately 11,500 affected customers (mostly businesses), who they told weren't entitled to compensation for the losses and damage, when they actually were.

https://www.accc.gov.au/media-release/australia-post-to-pay-about-29-million-in-compensation-to-businesses-for-lost-or-damaged-parcels

Edited by onetrack
  • Informative 1