Brain Teaser

red750

18 hours ago, facthunter said:

These days It would certainly help you to know what plane you'd fly in  and who made it these days. OWNING a Plane is a giant step for the ordinary person. . Flying in them ( BIG ones in RPT) is cheaper than any other form of travel. So your analogy doesn't fit.  Nev

Just catching up on this.. How many people are anaraks for military aircraft yet they have never, and will never set foot in them, let alone fly or own them? My son happens to like biz/corporate aircraft and he is unlikely to set foot in one, let alone own one.

Yeah - it's technically correct that not everyone into aviation will follow all genres of aviation - heck, I couldn't even care less about Mooneys, for example, and that is in the genre that I fly. But, this is a social forum - we can split hairs in the recflying forum..  I see this as a virtual pub chat.. and the conversation goes something like, "Alright you aviation peckerheads.. you should know this... " just the same as if it was a question on computers... there is very few people who are enterprise software developers that would even know how a PC works... 

I get pulling people up onm safety items.. don't get me wrong.. but this?

• Like 1

By itself, nothing particularly. But in response to this:

On 26/01/2024 at 10:01 AM, red750 said:

You'll all know this - Which Cessna became a Beechcraft?

came these ahead of that final post...

23 hours ago, facthunter said:

Why did you think WE would ALL know that?. This site is not frequented by millionaires. Perhaps I'm wrong there. Anyone who owns a house is a millionaire. Thats inflation for you.. Money becomes worthless.  Nev

22 hours ago, facthunter said:

RED, there's a big variation in which sector of aviation we operate and where our primary interest is Executive pressurised turbo prop is not a priority for the likes of us relatively impoverished financially stressed, addicted participants.  Nev

Seriously.. "You'll all know this.. " is a bit of banter (or at least that's how I read it)...  Just like I work with computers, so often in trivia quizzes, when a computer questin comes up that I don't know the answer to (surprisingly many) and my team say, "well fat lot of good you are... ", I know it is banter.

I am just pointing out, that there are many people who can quote chapter and verse about different types of aircraft they will never set foot in, let alone fly, let alone have the money for it...

• Like 2

Can anyone beat onetrack to solve this one?

Edna’s birthday is on the 6th of April and Jen’s birthday falls on the 15th of October therefore Amir’s birthday must be the ? of January.

• Thanks 1

People can sometimes take the tone of a post the wrong way when capitals are used for emphasis. In internet etiquette using caps is considered rude and the text equivalent of shouting at someone. People who are unaware of that and overuse caps don't mean it to be that way, but others readers can take it the wrong way. The least inoffensive way to emphasise is probably via italics.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, facthunter said:

Why can't MY comments  be taken as they were meant?   Too much niggling and people won't bother..   Nev

As Willideoo mentioned, there is established ettiquette, but if there is some banter, adding emoticons can help understand the context; when we speak amongst each other body language and inflection, something not readily available in thes medium, helps..

Apols if I misconstrued your meaning and intent.

• Like 1

Thanks but in general READING posts  more carefully and asking a question would obviate all this.  I can't recall refusing to respond to any sensible question. Many just look for a "Gotcha" word and fire away as if it's all some kind of GAME or contest.  ( Lile pPrune). .  Nev

Jerry

I have that bar of ' things ' , on my desktop .

But not on this new ' tablet ' .

No way of reading anything on here as it's all hieroglyphics. 

I will ' never'  use most of them , as I can't be bothered to learn that language. 

spacesailor

20 hours ago, red750 said:

Edna’s birthday is on the 6th of April and Jen’s birthday falls on the 15th of October therefore Amir’s birthday must be the ? of January.

Back to brain teasers. No takers on this one?

3 hours ago, spacesailor said:

I have that bar of ' things ' , on my desktop .

But not on this new ' tablet '

Spacey, I can't speak for your new tablet, I don't even know what make or model it is, but that toolbar appears on my old iPhone when I log into this site. I had to do it specially as I don't use the phone for internet activities. I think it's a function of the website, but PM Ian and ask, otherwise, check out your tablets settings.

Click B for Bold, I for Italics, U for underlined, all three for Bold italics underlined. Click them again to turn off. (S is for Strikethrough)

• Like 1

you're right ! .

Toowoomba I can 'rite ' beta , LoL .

But , I Did Not put Toowoomba in the above line .

now how to , stop & return, to ordinary,  oops , there it is .

Many thanks, as it was hidden & I just tried " control I ". (eye ) .

spacesailor

• Like 1

OK. The answer to the question above is "24th". Amir's birthday is the 24th of January.

Explanation:

"6th" is the sixth word in the question, "15th" is the fifteenth word in the question, and the question mark is the twenty fourth word in the question.

• Confused 1

50 minutes ago, facthunter said:

I'm saving my brain for things that are more life threatening. Nev

Apparently, these activites which exercise your mind, like the hidden errors, differences, or objects in pictures, help to ward off dementia. Plenty of brain exercise. 

• Like 1