Who is muzzling the media?

Methusala

As my graph, published in post#32 shows, the current Oz gumint is no better than Trump's admin. Trump gave the top % of US a huge tax cut about 6 months ago and has now cut spending on Medicair and Medicaid drastically to pay for it. He also dropped the Obama care scheme which (although weak) was the US people's attempt at medical support for the masses. Turncoat has dropped $144bn (soon to escalate to $200bn) of tax receipts and wants to add another $65bn ( soon to creep to $70bn) to the deficit. He is supported every step of the way in denouncing the ALP's warnings about Medicair as "Mediscare" by the media, but I will bet my house that if re-elected they will push on with a death of 1000 cuts to universal healthcare in this country. Trump or Turnbull, same rich privileged narcissists installed by the media and doing everything in their power to transfer wealth to the top few %.

Turnbull was right alongside with Abbott in warning of the "Debt & Deficit Disaster", a theme lovingly echoed by the megaphone political commentariat at the time. The deficit has more than doubled in 4 years but silence now on that front. Who muzzles our "proud, independent and strong" free press?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps he might achieve something for the USA (or more likely for himself and his rich mates) but that's their country.

That is the point I wanted to make. He was elected to do right by his own country. I was wondering if he was making things better for US citizens.

As for the rest of the World - when has a major Power ever given two hoots for any other tribe but their own?

As my graph, published in post#32 shows, the current Oz gumint is no better than Trump's admin...death of 1000 cuts to universal healthcare in this country. Trump or Turnbull, same rich privileged narcissists installed by the media and doing everything in their power to transfer wealth to the top few %.

Turnbull was right alongside with Abbott in warning of the "Debt & Deficit Disaster", a theme lovingly echoed by the megaphone political commentariat at the time. The deficit has more than doubled in 4 years but silence now on that front. Who muzzles our "proud, independent and strong" free press?

Democracy is under assault from Turkey to Russia. Opposition media is muzzled, journalists gaoled or murdered, dissenting voices silenced with "anti-terrorist" legislation.

Think it couldn't happen here in Australia?

If the LNP government is returned, they will claim a mandate to remove many of our traditional rights and freedoms.

Already the Liberals have drafted draconian legislation to prevent civil protest against their pet projects (eg. The Adani coal mine) and intimidate journalists. The are working to cripple GetUp, which regularly exposes their dirty secrets and have voted to sell off our independent media, clearly targeting the ABC's Q&A, on which Liberal politicians regularly make dicks of themselves.

oh really ome trump the so called village idiot cannot keep his country freee of the free loaders like we should be doing here 240000 free loaders here last year my and your taxes being wasted pisses me offthe bloody idiots that want more here what for cut out the dole to them no free medical no free housing no free cars then watch them leave

were has he damage this country ? neil

Trump dances around calling immigrants "criminals" and spouting BS about them all being gang members. Know what? Have a look at some ACTUAL data. The crime rate for immigrants - around 800 per 100,000. Crime rate for people born in the US - 1,521 per 100,000. Maybe they should let all the immigrants in and deport their home-grown criminals (starting at the top). As for being flooded by people from south America - in 2016 it was around 300,000 caught at the border. Want to guess what it was in 1994? 1.6 million.

The man is a pathological liar. He supports white supremacists, the NRA, religious fundamentalists, tyrants and polluters. He's against truth, justice, his democratic allies, social progress, and clean energy.

If he has scored any goals it's accidental, and I believe his toxic presidency has already done far more harm than good.

The UK media are really good at Anniversaries. . . but SOME things are consigned to the 'Memory Hole' as not fit for public memory.

[ATTACH]49426._xfImport[/ATTACH]

Here are the pictures of Thirty British Holidaymakers, who were the majority of the Thirty Eight Innocent people who were Murdered by a Muslim with an automatic rifle on the beach at Sousse in Tunisia Three Years ago today. Today in the Media ?. . .Zilch.. . Bupkiss. . . Nothing.

The couple in the centre of this collage were close friends of a friend of mine who lives in Lytham St. Annes, near Blackpool Lancs.

And yet the memory of ONE dead black teenager,. . .named Stephen Lawrence, has been studiously broadcast on the date of his death every year since 13th September 1974. . WHY you ask ? . .Good question,. . .could it have been because his death was NTDWI ( Nothing to do with Islam ) he was killed by a couple of WHITE racist thugs. . . . I wonder. . . .

Any incident involving Jihadi Muslim thugs is rapidly flushed away and forgotten. For 'Community Cohesion you understand'. . . the only thing is,. . .I hve no idea if this counts as 'Muzzling' the media. . .

1203627552_SousseattackMorroco.thumb.jpg.03ff550425bb5fb9a373d11bc37cc5cf.jpg

Are the media telling you what is happening or what they want you too know or not know and even tell big lies? (oh Dear). The gatekeepers are becoming nothing but agents of propaganda. In that, Trump is correct. The general media deserve NO medals. However I reckon trump is a clever conman who is manipulating" HIS PEOPLE" to advance his own interests and little more. He is a property developer through and through and has made a few some dreadful decisions but leaves the mess with someone else. to pay for. Look who he has installed in influential places and judge WHY they are there. They are ALL warmongers and the world (if they look) can easily see it.. We are in troubling times and Trump is not making the world a safer place. If you don't do what he wants you get sacked or the big Biffo. Harley Davidson are not toeing the line as it would need a price increase to keep all their production in the US so they GO OVERSEAS, (Brazil Japan and Thailand where they already have connections. Trump himself has done on many occasions, when it suite s him, to get stuff cheaper.. US already do well in most trade deals as they have a lot of clout and teams of Lawyers. and use both. Trump speaks what his "People" want to hear, as does Pauline Hanson. Those people love it but is it good for the world and America? They say the last refuge of a Scoundrel Is Patriotism. That with" Law and Order" works always. He's playing them for suckers. and P!$$1ng on his allies, while cuddling up to dictators who he admires. and hopes to do DEALS with.. Nev

Trump speaks what his "People" want to hear, as does Pauline Hanson. both according to some must be hearing what people want don't want .

so his ban on muslims could not be done suck it up princes

Pauline may get in your face once again in longman neil

They are both dangerous tragics that you wouldn't let control an aeroplane,. let alone run a country. They prey on people, not do things for them.. How does Trump treat the ones who work for him? He will wreck the GOP. (Republicans). Pauline is making money out of the voters. Enough to live very well on. The common factor in Pauline's disintegrating Political party's is HER.. ALL the other faces change, but the plot is the same, The result is the same. Chaos. Nev

I have the feeling that Bill Shorten will fail to displace Turnbull in an election. The situation is similar in feel to the Kim Beasley days where an impressive intellect failed to project personal charisma. The voters seem to prefer "Flim Flam" to substance and, again, a compliant media are all too prepared to accommodate their bias. The latest storm in a teacup hyped into a cause celebre is the decision to call it quits on business tax cuts at $10m turnover. It has been widely known that the Labor Party was opposed to such largesse since before the last budget. All that was not known was whether the line would be drawn at $10m or $2m. All MSM outlets (even The Guardian) have feasted on portraying this as a surprise and an indicator of an opposition leader out of his depth. This response drowned out any reporting of Shorten's justification for the move.

But he said the ALP had other options for those businesses that would face a tax increase.

"I am saying to them that what will happen is we will make sure that you've got highly skilled apprentices, we'll make sure that when your workers are sick they can get to see the doctor quickly so they can return to work more effectively," Mr Shorten said.

He said a Labor Government would offer better broadband, training and infrastructure, as well as lower power prices.

The media is muzzling any fair debate on the real political choices to be made, both in the upcoming by-elections and, I'll bet, in the next Federal election

The Libs /Nats have invested a lot of time and "our"money in the" Kill Bill" Campaign with a lot of support from the Murdoch press. (Surprise Surprise). While a lot of it is $#!T, some sticks. That's the way they play it.

This latest call by Bill is bad judgement, but it's not outside their general policy, other wise HE has performed quite well. He's comfortable with ordinary people. Out campaigned Turnbull massively in the ill advised double dissolution call to the extent they narrowly missed on getting the government out first term.. It's the Lib Nats/ that have a problem. with Abot and a few rebels constantly threatening the show to have a go at Turnbull, even if it hurts the party in the process. Blackmail Deals with Pauline complicate things too.. When you have internal battles constantly you are distracted from good government. Never been more obvious.. "Look over there" tactics are needed and conjured up. when required.

octave I was there 1967 in uniform was you neil

Just for further clarification Neil, here is the headline of the ABC article I posted, it is also worth clicking on the link. Australia's largest battle in Vietnam is one you've probably never heard of

I would have assumed that you would be in full agreement with this article.

[ATTACH]49427._xfImport[/ATTACH]

viet.thumb.jpg.2dfc8cbe4f728a233540ac7154b3ce3c.jpg

Trump speaks what his "People" want to hear, as does Pauline Hanson. both according to some must be hearing what people want don't want .so his ban on muslims could not be done suck it up princes

Pauline may get in your face once again in longman neil

Yep, they represent people who are too lazy or stupid to check the "facts" that these rabble-rousers come up with.

So Trump bans muslims, meanwhile all the mass shootings that happen every couple of days are by good 'ol US-born nut jobs. He doesn't have the guts to take on the NRA though.

It is amazing how many Australians have never heard of the battle at Coral/Balmoral bases. I suppose events like Long Tan get the right coverage at the right time by the media and the public take it all on board, especially with Long Tan being earlier in the war. A bit similar with Gallipoli. There'd hardly be an Australian that wouldn't have some some knowledge of it but mention some of the battles in France and you just get a blank stare.

A mate of mine and his wife visited the Coral battlefield site a couple of years ago as she wanted to see where her brother lost his life. They had to do a bit of searching on google earth and ask a few locals when they got there to be able to find it. I got the impression it's not highly evident.

Now they are shooting journalists in the Great Again USA.. Nev

Yes indeed. . . .white bloke, not a Jihadi. . . after some kind of long term legal wrangle between him and the owners / publishers of the paper or whatever. . . It's still TERRORISM. . .whoever does it.

Yep, they represent people who are too lazy or stupid to check the "facts" that these rabble-rousers come up with.

So Trump bans muslims, meanwhile all the mass shootings that happen every couple of days are by good 'ol US-born nut jobs. He doesn't have the guts to take on the NRA though.

Not ALL muslims Marty. . .those from specific countries. INTERESTINGLY though, the travel ban did NOT include the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, which is well known to be a wholesale exporter and financier of Wahabbism, arguably the most extreme form of Mohammedanism. .( Not 'ISLAM' that is an Ideology and Not a religion ). . but of course, Trump wouldn't upset them,. . .Arms sales from America worth Billions. $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ Gotta look after the Best customers eh. . . .

This one isn't 'Muzzling' the media,. . .it's just another fake to tug the heartstrings and alter the political narrative.. . .it is one of many such pictures promulgated and re-used by the British media, but one that went wrong in this case.

[ATTACH]49431._xfImport[/ATTACH]

This photo was taken of 'refugees' supposedly struggling in the Mediterranean sea when their dinghy sank, but was ruined by the man who stood up in the shallow water as the whole thing was being staged... WHY ? ? ? Media is not to be trusted any more. . but who is driving this narrative ?. . . .and WHY ?. . .The white outlined part is the picture which was used in several mainstream media reports, and LOADS of Social Media reports, as being in shark infested waters off the coast of Libya. . .

162612344_StandingMan.thumb.PNG.42a512ebb6cfd2554288703d16e20c86.PNG

Or, was he Photoshopped in by an anti-conspiratist?

Indeed that is quite possible. . .the question has to be WHY ?. . there are hundreds of similar pictures, taken over the last three years by NGO Charity people trafficking ships which loiter just off the Libyan coast and act as a taxi service to Italy, Malta and Greek ports. . and such pictures are posted regularly on varied media platforms to tug at the heartstrings . . there would be little value in altering a few of them. . . .hardly going to make much impact.

Phil, have you noticed in the white outlined area, lower right. It looks like the twin brother of the gent with long legs. He's riding very high (chest and shoulders out of the water) for a man with no life jacket.

Just full of hot air, I guess.

Maybe the people doing it are simply not too bright and assume that we're all equally stupid.