Who is muzzling the media?

Methusala

the lucky country? This morning I heard on the radio that remote living aborigines are not getting the same rate of kidney transplants as people who live in the cities.

The government is going to spend $250,000 on a report to find out why. Can anyone here see anything wrong with this type of government spending?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your general health is taken into account for allocating kidney's. I would say If you were an acute diabetic or had Cancer you will not get priority whether you are black or white. I will tell you that for 125 thousand so there's a 50% saving straight away.. Nev

Point of order, Obama was born in Hawaii. If they allowed non-US born citizens to become President, Arnie Schwarzenegger would be in the White House instead of the "wankpuffin" (to borrow your word) that slimed his way in.

On your claim that separation of children happened under Obama, you might want to check the "facts" you've been reading....

Fact check: Did Obama administration separate families?

I DO try Marty. Perhaps you ought to research a little more. . . the recent interview of Democrat Senator Tammy Baldwin, a very loud antagonist with regard to Trump's separation of families regarding the fact that this practice WAS indeed used during the Obama administration is interesting, she was asked about this and blustered a load of bollox. .The cages, the thermal blankets and the facilities were all there under Obama. . . and bear in mind the interview was on CNN,. . not exactly 'friends' with the orange monster. . . even THEY can't avoid demonstrable facts mate. These even include repudiations from the Democrat leaning SNOPES Fct check site,. . of the time frames when certain pictures of 'Kids in cages' were originated. . . saying that these were taken in 2014. The latest front page of TIME magazine, showing a tiny child and Trump standing together was very emotive, but,. . as usual it was bullcrap. The Father of the 2 year old has testified that the child and Mother were definitely NOT separated at the border at all. Still,. . .makes good copy for the press. . .

The Lie is all the way around the world before the truth has got it's. . .etc. . .

Don't think for a minute here that I'm a 'Trumpyte' but I DO really Hate institutional BS.. . .whomsoever it indicts, . . or doesn't, as the case may be. too much #Fakenews everywhere.

Now there's talk of Trump coming to Australia in November this year. We have welcomed serving and ex-Presidents in the past, usually with friendliness (except Johnson). However, I think that Trump has offended too many minorities from the whole political spectrum that his visit may result in the unification of Left, Right and Centre in the cry, "Yankee Go Home!"

After all, the Yanks treat us as if we are a banana republic.

Trump insults America's loyal allies and praises cruel dictators. Why would he be welcome here?

He will, no doubt, lecture us and brag about what a great guy he is.

Will our leaders ever stand up for Australia?

Democracy is under attack. All over the democratic world, strong leaders are silencing opposition groups, trampling human rights and dismantling the checks and balances that would limit their power.

Australia is not immune.

The LNP government is rapidly dismantling key elements of our hard-won democratic system.

GetUp! - This whistleblower has a warning for us

Below is a graph illustrating the effect of the Turnbull govt's recently passed "Tax-cut" legislation. It is courtesy of Get-Up, a lobby group which is being targeted by so-called "foreign interference in national affairs" laws which will expose journalists and others to jail terms for publishing information capable of harming Australia's interests. When charged under these laws the subject will be forced to defend themselves against the bottomless pockets of govt legal teams.

[ATTACH]49422._xfImport[/ATTACH]

1847730561_Taxripoff.thumb.JPG.894e7027000f699df04ec6eba39a7b9b.JPG

Now there's talk of Trump coming to Australia in November this year.

Time to buy shares in shoe manufacturers... maybe there'll be a mass throwing as per Muntadhar al-Zaidi's effort with Bush (pity about his aim).

Being Australia, it could have a local flavor - thongs and Ugg boots for the weaker throwers, Blundstone's for the stronger ones. Gum boots (with cowpat residue attached) for the farmers.

This is more than likely the reason behind trump holding off a planned visit to the UK. He is probably terrified that there will be mass demonstrations against him. Many social media outlets have promised a large protest turnout in the capital.

Perhaps he'll quietly sneak into an American Airbase and take a helicopter to his Golf Course in Scotland . . . Imagine airforce one turning it's adsb transponder off so that the aircraft is unidentifiable on the Flight Radar 24 phone app. . .!

Time to buy shares in shoe manufacturers... maybe there'll be a mass throwing as per Muntadhar al-Zaidi's effort with Bush (pity about his aim).

Being Australia, it could have a local flavor - thongs and Ugg boots for the weaker throwers.

Marty, I'd suggest if they really want to offend the POTUS, throw cheap Chinese single pluggers at him. That would deliver the message that he doesn't rate having good quality double plug thongs chucked at him.

He comes over ( to me anyway ) like a petulant child who, when challenged or 'Offended' does his best to publicly ( or Twitterly ) 'Get Even' to the point of looking like a rather childish twot.

Obviously not a Politician, who are seemingly born with skin of a greater thickness. . ..

My relative ( 2nd Cuz ) Greg, in Michigan, who is a lifelong Democrat, ( and a Pilot, so he must be a good guy ) says that the way things are panning out in the states generally, that he's sure Trump will win a second term, as His party ( Dems) are, in his words, 'Eating themselves'. . he didn't expand on this though. . .must ask,. .next email. . .

From muzzling the media to Trump.. Great how conversations meander along spacer.png

Anyway, I am no fan of Trump - quite the opposite.. And I find myself for a second time thinking the arse end of the political divide has done something productive. He has been criticised in this thread for offending (and now it seems kicking off a trade war) with his allies while cosseting up to some rather unsavoury leaders. Well, this may be true but it is not necessarily unplanned or dumb..

Firstly, he has traded barbs with Kim Jong Un, calling him a rocket man and threatening nuclear war on the country. Admittedly, Russia is a thorny issue as he has business interests there. But let's look at a couple of things:

- We bicker and moan about how our leaders don't put our country first or stand up to the US (as well as big business and a plethora of other parasitic interests), yet he knows the majority of the allied world need the US more than the US needs them (at least in the futile economic pursuit of relentless growth) and he uses the US position to put America first (yes the outcomes of some of his initiatives can be questionable at best, but at least the sentiment is there).

- He is more a bullying businessman than a petulant child. He knows his allies need him and he can cojole them to do his begging. He knows he needs a bit more of a deft hand with his non-allies. He starts weith threats and then reconciliation and guess what - he has at least them speaking to him and blowing up some of their deadly infrastructure - probably redundant at that, but at least it's a start.

- His policies on attacking low cost car manufacturing countries resulted in Ford (and I think GM) moving their planned new manufacturing sites from Mexico to the US. OK, the automation of manufacturing these days means that there won't quite be the employment that would have been decades ago, but construction, maintenance and servicing of the manufacturing plant and robotics would necessarily be local - it is about shifting the vocation of the workforce. Shame our pollies couldn't be a little innovative in saving Aussie car manufacturers and pomoting its development as we do produce some of the best engineers going.

He is definitely had some clangers, but he has also scored some points, which as far as his core supporter base is concerned, is what they want.. so he will likely have another term...

It is pretty obvious that the media is doing its darndest to paint a certain portrait of Trump, depending on whether the particular outlet is to the Left or Right of the spectrum. It would be interesting to read something from a journalist who examined Trump's results to produce an unbiased For and Against scoreboard.

Perhaps it is us who are unable to accept a political leader who doesn't piss in our pockets, but is prepared to kick sh|t to get his country moving.

He's still a classless grub. If any other politician- let alone a US president- had been guilty of a fraction of his crimes against public propriety, common decency and basic good taste, they'd have been removed by now.

Would not disagree... But did you watch the Soceroos against Denmark. Aussies were more scrappy but they still came away with a point...

...Perhaps it is us who are unable to accept a political leader who doesn't piss in our pockets, but is prepared to kick sh|t to get his country moving.

Perhaps he might achieve something for the USA (or more likely for himself and his rich mates) but that's their country.

He doesn't give a damn about Australia and his policies are more likely to damage this country than help us.

oh really ome trump the so called village idiot cannot keep his country freee of the free loaders like we should be doing here 240000 free loaders here last year my and your taxes being wasted pisses me off

the bloody idiots that want more here what for cut out the dole to them no free medical no free housing no free cars then watch them leave

were has he damage this country ? neil

Did those days really exist? There have been exemplary individuals and there may have been pockets of collective integrity.. But I can recall in the under 9s (yes - that was quite a while ago) being taught how to take out players without the umps seeing and set upon key opponents (and vice versa). I can recall early working life where integrity towards competition and clients were left at home.. Even the worlds cruellest barbarians carried themselves with aplomb on the surface but behind the scenes? At least with DT, what you see is what you get.. Yep, I don't like it any more than you do and it debases soverign and world leadership...

...At least with DT, what you see is what you get...

But with Trump you don't even get that, Jerry. He chops and changes so much that even his loyal acolytes give up and resign. His atrocious behaviour might be tolerable if he actually got the US out of the mess that it's in- but he won't.

His first priority has been to undo everything Obama achieved. His destructive agenda means appointing people without qualification to head departments whose aims they totally oppose. Putting the fox in charge of the chookhouse can have only one outcome.

The very people who voted him in will be most hurt by his policies, and will be left behind by any economic recovery.

They should have known that you can't expect the biggest alligator to "drain the swamp".

He is increasing expenditure and reducing tax income for the government (especially from the rich).

The already eye-watering US deficit is getting worse, with no possibility of recovery- short of a major upheaval such as war.

Any apparent progress in foreign affairs has been achieved by risky and destructive brinkmanship. His colossal ego has made sure he will be in the history books; most likely for all the wrong reasons.