Who is muzzling the media?

Methusala

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A while back some bloke was walking on water in that area. Might be more common than we think. Nev

Reminds me of going to dinner in an Indian restaurant that was once a church in Lancaster (Lancarshire). I asked for a bottle of wine which was met by a sombrely toned response "I am sorry sir. We can't serve you wine. This is a consecrated site". It stumped me for a bit, after which I responded, "Hang on.. Apart from the fact this isn't a church anymore, didn't the old fella turn water into wine???? - Maybe walking on water was the theological equivalent of stomping on the grapes?"

The look on his face was priceless...

Nothing to do with the thread, but Nev reminded me of it...

Back to media bashing...

'Who is Muzzlng the Media ?' . . in this case,. . it is 'Allegedly'. . . . . Angela Merkel.

[ATTACH]49435._xfImport[/ATTACH]

NOW,. . .is this true ?,. . . Partially True ?. . .Any grain of truth in it at all ?. . . or a disgusting attack upon a well respected Government Leader. . . . .. we won't know for a while until someone in the German Press leaks it. I truly hope that it isn't.. . .

Migrant Beheads 1-Year-Old Girl In Germany; Merkel Bans Media Reporting

This 'news' site is denigrated by the msm and other #fake news sites. . . . .AGAIN,. . I truly hope that this is 'Invented' BS.

269923412_BabyMurder-Germany.thumb.PNG.84eb7514de155b3a63ad9608d44d1e7a.PNG

My Goodness. . . .is THIS REALLY what our ancestors fought Two World Wars for ? . . .

[ATTACH]49436._xfImport[/ATTACH]

Now I KNOW that there are some on the site of the Gay community but. . .Really ?. . .is this necessary ? Does it help ?

Pride.thumb.jpg.f0c37729699f9d0e91904121b5f911cf.jpg

The pendulum swings too far; a minority of the formerly oppressed now flount their newfound freedoms to express their identities, to the extent of offending many of us who supported their liberation campaign.

I try to be tolerant but this is an affront to me in much the same way as some poofter baiting is offensive to the alternative sexuality (I refuse to use their latest clumsy acronym) community.

They're just giving ammunition to Islamists, the far Right and other intolerant groups; no wonder there have been savage crackdowns on gay rights in Russia, Turkey and across Africa.

It is better that people can do this without being beheaded than preventing it somehow by force.. What we fought wars for is a good question. Was there much truth about in the period prior? Was a vote taken to go to war, where the FACTS and possible outcomes were laid out clearly? NO. Hatred and BS was there in vast quantities. on BOTH sides.

We are getting that situation again all the time NOW. Populist Governments are everywhere, fooling the majority, promising the unobtainable and closing down freedoms. Europe will cease to exist leaving something worse to replace it. You won't realise the loss till it's gone. When you are on a long journey in a bus if it has a few maintenance problems do you throw it over a cliff and walk or maintain it and keep going. noticing how far you have come already and that you would not have made it, walking.. Nev

I would imagine that images such as those would be an affront to those whose sexuality is directed to member of the same gender, but who have realised like the rest of us that sex is not the sole determinant of a person's human worth.

I can't comprehend why homosexual males have to dress in macho style to the extreme. Although we don't know the context of the picture. It could have been a party, when fancy dress was the order of the day.

Nothing new in expressing non conformity. Iran says they have NO homosexuals. (or Atheists). That's clearly not true from information readily available on line.. Making it punishable by beheading is no doubt some deterrent. Certainly limits the ability to re offend. If there's anything more offensive than public beheadings, I hope I never see it.. Coming out is clearly not encouraged in these places so you are not likely to see something like the image anytime soon in these Lovely places.. Is their way preferable to what we have?. I don't think so.. If we have to be all the same that's not the ultimate society, surely. They don't actually bother me. Tolerance of me, you and them is fair enough as I see it.. Are they hurting you? I don't direct this at you OME but at those who are offended. but I would suggest not affected as are the kids some churches/ priests have driven to suicide, and who wish to continue to be an accessory before and after the Fact to child rape. That is something to be genuinely offended by.. There are countries where I would not be allowed to write this under penalty of death . Nev.

I don't know if making it "harder for their peers in less tolerant countries", but it can have the same effect amongst the tolerant. Such photos do turn my stomach a little because I think the people pictured that way are demeaning themselves. They might like to say, "We're Queer and we're here!", but there must be others who can keep their sexuality as part of their private lives, and still contribute to the mundane day-to-day the rest of us endure.

What sort of news images do North Koreans get fed on state TV? Anything negative about the west, including riots in Sth Korea and the USA.

What I mean, OME, is that pix like that are available globally and will be used to incite anti-gay (or whatever it's called this week) campaigns in other countries.

savage crackdowns on gay rights in Russia

Old Koreelah, I must have missed something there. From what I've seen, they're not far behind us. In Russia, same sex relationships are legal between consenting adults; gays and lesbians are allowed into the military. They don't have legal same sex marriage, but then again, look at our record on that.

What they have banned is material and publications promoting same sex relationships to minors. Schools aren't allowed to teach the kids that it's ok to be gay.

Tougher law than here, but I'm not sure about the savage crackdown description.

Cheers, Willie.

" Same sex" is monogamy. Homosexuals are the ones that have it at home.. that's over (the joke bit ) so...

. Over reaction is sometimes related to fear of being Homo oneself .. and it was the worst thing imaginable some time back .. It has ALWAYS been there down through the ages. What's the BIG deal? IF it was compulsory (like being hetero is, often ) then one could feel aggrieved. For ALL our faults this isn't a bad place to be but it's not perfect by a long way. and I think it's actually heading in the wrong direction lately, in many ways. Nev

Out of all the sh*t we can choose to be offended by, the way someone dresses shouldn't be included. I couldn't care what people wear. We had one bloke at work, beard, turned up most days in men's shirt & jacket, skirt, stockings and high heels. It looked unusual, but it was his choice and it had no effect on me.

War is generally offensive. The culture and behaviour of some banks, large corporations and banks is offensive. Murder, torture, assault and domestic violence are offensive.

What someone chooses to dress in? Doesn't really compare.

I like this one ( nothing to do with LGBT ) Recent meeting of EU & European leaders ( + Mr. Netanyahu ) and supporters showing the city street rammed to capacity. . .

The regrettable unofficial one below taken from an adjacent hotel. . .oops. . .isn't that a bit of naughty media 'Cheating'. . .?

[ATTACH]49437._xfImport[/ATTACH]

509761844_PHOTOOPFRAUD.thumb.jpg.b112042162e2a151e1a83e88f8b8fa44.jpg

Out of all the sh*t we can choose to be offended by, the way someone dresses shouldn't be included. I couldn't care what people wear. We had one bloke at work, beard, turned up most days in men's shirt & jacket, skirt, stockings and high heels. It looked unusual, but it was his choice and it had no effect on me.

War is generally offensive. The culture and behaviour of some banks, large corporations and banks is offensive. Murder, torture, assault and domestic violence are offensive.

What someone chooses to dress in? Doesn't really compare.

I agree Marty; compared to some of the horrific things humans inflict on each other and our natural world, what we wear is a minor issue.

The trouble is that pictures like this one will be used as ammunition to inflict those very atrocities against minorities across the world.

Speaking of offensive shots, #91 is about as bad as it gets.

That's an alpha male. Enough to make you want to be gay. I'm not the one to judge, but. I do know of women who admit to being attracted to him (physically). There's no accounting for taste, and he's damaged this country enough already. They always used to say, don't get between Tony and the LODGE.. Never a truer word spoken. Nev

I don't have enough time and there's not enough room on this site to do it properly. Briefly though it's his inability to tell the truth or keep a deal He's destroying his own Party. He's Labor's best asset.. and makes us look foolish when we elect him as PM. I don't expect you to agree but do tell me where the glaciers are expanding. I haven't been able to find one. Nev

oh shit YOU elected tony abbot as prime minister not the piece off crap that could not run a chook raffle lost what was it 12 seats to labour

so the glaciers have not melted before how in the hell did the bodies get to the bottom off a couple off glaciers oh that's right they dug a snow cave

turnseet and that bishopppp morainonison are so called leaders back stabing bumbling idiots have led you sheep over the cliff

He's Labor's best asset. nev wake up labors worst night mare how many seats did he win fact

think about this there is a heat sink below that ice neil

Neil, might be an idea if you look at the real scientific findings regarding climate change. Start with NASA. They're the organisation that put man on the moon... not "sheep" by any means.

Don't know where you get your info, but you may want to start getting it from people who know what they're talking about.

Neil some of the news about climate change (actual hard facts, not fake news) is more than concerning- it's alarming.

Mountain glaciers provide water for hundreds of millions in Europe and Asia- and they're retreating, fast.

So much cool, fresh water is pouring off the melting Greenland ice cap into the North Atlantic that the Gulf Stream is getting weaker. When that's happened in the past, temperatures in Western Europe have dropped ten degrees in less than a decade. Crop failures, famine on a biblical scale. Mass migrations of desperate people that will make current "boat people" issues look minor.

With warming comes changes in precipitation; some areas of Antarctica have recorded increased snowfall, thus a glacier or two might have grown.

However, recent discoveries show that Antarctica is melting far faster than predicted. Scientists are now recalculating the impact on sea levels, and the news is ominous. Coastal cities are already being affected. Farmland is being lost.

Where will the millions of environmental refugees go? A nice, safe, rich country, with lots of space. A country that is the world's biggest coal exporter; that still refuses to take responsibility for the damage it is doing, that's doing more than it's share to cause their problems.

Which country?

Our country.

marty-d said Don't know where you get your info, but you may want to start getting it from people who know what they're talking about.

who do you sugest flannery shorten rud Gillard turnbull oh bishop oh the greens oh Jackie lambie oh the hundred scientist that did the great study that the earth was warming using the wrorg data

old koreelah said Coastal cities are already being affected. Farmland is being lost.

like the islands in the pacific that have disapeared due to riseing sea levels where is that at last info I had was the are still there

you are the ones that are getting fleeced for electric power I am getting paid for you useing my power thank you for the 713 cents per kwh I put into the grid neil