Quickies part 2

red750

Gordon died. So Susan went to the local paper to put a notice in the obituaries section. The gentleman at the counter, after offering his condolences, asked Susan what she would like to say about Gordon.

“Just put ‘Gordon died’,” Susan replied.

The gentleman, somewhat perplexed, said: “That’s it? Just ‘Gordon died’? Surely, there must be something more you’d like to say about Gordon. If it’s money you’re concerned about, the first five words are free.”

So Susan pondered for a few minutes and finally said: “Okay then, put ‘Gordon died. Sailboat for sale’.”

The owner of a golf course on the Gold Coast was confused about paying an invoice, so he decided to ask his secretary for some mathematical help.   

He called her into his office and said, “You graduated from the University of Queensland and I need some help. If I were to give you $20,000, minus 14%, how much would you take off?”

The secretary thought a moment, and then replied, “Everything but my earrings.”

• Haha 3

A senior citizen in Tasmania was  overheard saying, “When the end of the world comes, I hope to be  here.”   

When asked why, he replied, “I’d  rather be in Tasmania ‘cause everything happens in Tasmania 20 years later than in the rest of the world.”

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, red750 said:

A senior citizen in Tasmania was  overheard saying, “When the end of the world comes, I hope to be  here.”   

When asked why, he replied, “I’d  rather be in Tasmania ‘cause everything happens in Tasmania 20 years later than in the rest of the world.”

Hey!

That's the reason I moved to Tassie!

• Like 3

A man in London walked into the produce section of his local Tesco's supermarket and asked to buy half a head of lettuce.

The boy working in that department told him that they only sold whole heads of lettuce. The man was insistent that the boy ask the manager about the matter..

Walking into the back room, the boy said to the manager, "Some old bastard wants to buy a half a head of lettuce.”

As he finished his sentence, he turned around to find that the man was standing right behind him, so he quickly added,

"and this gentleman kindly offered to buy the other half.”

The manager approved the deal and the man went on his way.

Later, the manager said to the boy,”

"I was impressed with the way you got yourself out of that situation earlier, we like people who can think on their feet here, where are you from son?”

"New Zealand, sir," the boy replied.

"Why did you leave New Zealand ?" the manager asked.

The boy said, "Sir, there's nothing but prostitutes and rugby players there.”

"Is that right?" replied the manager," My wife is from New Zealand !”

"Really?" replied the boy, "Who'd she play for?”

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Here's an oldie.

THE  TAXMAN  COMETH...

At the end of the tax year, the HMRC sent a tax inspector to audit the books of a local hospital. 

While the taxman was checking the books, he turned to the executive of the hospital and said: “I notice you buy a lot of bandages. I imagine there's a lot of wastage there. 

What do you do with the end of the roll when there's too little left to be of any use?"

"Good question," noted the executive. "We save them up and send them back to the bandage company and every once in a while, they send us a free roll."

"Oh," replied the taxman, somewhat disappointed that his unusual question had a practical answer. 

However, he was now well mounted on his favourite hobby horse and ready to be critical.

“What about a these plasters? What do you do with what's left over after setting a cast on a patient?"

"Ah, yes," replied the executive, who actually hadn't a clue, but rising to the challenge answered ...

"We save that too, and send it back to the manufacturer and every so often they send us a free bag of plaster."

"My, my, an answer for everything!" responded the auditor, who also fancied himself a bit of a wit.

"What do you do with all the remains from the circumcision surgeries?"

"Here, too, we do not waste," answered the executive.  What we do is save all the little foreskins and send them to the tax office, and about once a year they send us a complete prick."

• Haha 3

Reminds me of an oldie, which I am sure every knows, but what the heck..

A Rabbi walks into the buying department of Myers and offers to sell a one-of-a-kind handbag. He explains to the buyer that he has been saving the foreskins of all the circumcisions he has done over the years and made this handbag. The buyer thought it was a very smart handbag, and as it turned out, it was very soft and supple leather.

"How much?", asked the buyer.

"$10,000" was the prompt and emphatic response by the rabbi.

"What? I know its a one off and it is a pretty design, but apart from that what makes it so special to make it worth that much?!?" asked the buyer..

"Aha... " said the rabbi.. "If a lady strokes it 3 times, it becomes a suitcase!"

Ba-boom..

• Like 1

9 hours ago, old man emu said:

They say, "Time flies".

I'll say it does. I got bitten by a March Fly this morning, and it's only the First of February.

Bastards aren't they.

Get a miniature Foxie.  Ours loves nothing better than to sit close by and snap at the March flies.  She gets quite a few too.

12 hours ago, Marty_d said:

Bastards aren't they.

Get a miniature Foxie.  Ours loves nothing better than to sit close by and snap at the March flies.  She gets quite a few too.

It's great to see that you have trained your dog to earn it's keep.

Now, how are the children getting along?

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, nomadpete said:

Now, how are the children getting along?

Well, my son and his family have moved in to the house my wife and I lived in. Right now he's hovering a mini-drone in the middle of my bedroom. Fortunately the RAAF is keeping my daughter in Canberra.

I get to move out next Tuesday.