Quickies part 2

red750

I pinched this off Facebook....

"I friend of mine set me up with her friend. She warned me that she was expecting a baby.  

I said that was an issue for me, because in no way am I turning up to a blind date in nappies and a dummy in my mouth."

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, red750 said:

I pinched this off Facebook....

"I friend of mine set me up with her friend. She warned me that she was expecting a baby.  

I said that was an issue for me, because in no way am I turning up to a blind date in nappies and a dummy in my mouth."

Good  choice!

• Like 1

Artificial sweeteners will shorten your life. There's enough salt naturally occurring in Plants  to not need to add it. Like sugar, smoking, vaping  excess FATS It's a habit. Natural flavour is masked  and overwhelmed by these things. IF your sense of smell and taste are lost you lose interest in food and miss out on  a lot of other information that can warn you of something  dangerous or OFF.   Nev

• Informative 1

Unprocessed is the clue to healthy food It's NOT that difficult. Grow some of your own. They grow themselves if you protect them. Wholemeal of sourdough. BROWN bread is nothing special Where you live you'd have no difficulty getting good stuff.  Nev

Edited by facthunter

Big trouble.

Grow your own, & give lots away. 

6 ' guava ' trees but can only eat three fruit daily .

Two ' pomegranates ' & only eat two fruit .

But , picking up a bucket of bird strike fruit off the floor daily .

For the bin , what a waste. 

I even left the 'stepladder ' under those guava trees for my neighbours to help themselves. 

Still picking up  lots for that green top bin . LoL

(  HOW TO TURN RAW SUGAR INTO RUM  ) ?.

Spacesailor

Edited by spacesailor
It changed my spelling

Lamb IS fatty. Just drink cold water with it and find out.. They don't run far before they fall over, tired and completely exhausted. Wilder animals are  leaner and more flavour. Same with caged chooks. Almost tasteless. We eat lambs because we have lots of them and it's become a tradition.. When chooks were  more roaming they were a once a week LUXURY.. Nev

• Like 1

13 hours ago, facthunter said:

Artificial sweeteners will shorten your life.

As with all artificial substances that we have been putting in our food since 1950, the adverse effects of long term ingestion are still unclear. Questions are being asked about the sweetener, aspartame.  The International Agency on Research into Cancer (IARC) classifies aspartame as “possibly carcinogenic to humans” (Group 2B), based on limited evidence it might cause cancer (specifically liver cancer) in people. IARC also notes there is limited evidence for cancer in lab animals and limited evidence related to possible mechanisms for it causing cancer. Early days yet.

It is a case of caveat emptor, but it is very difficult for the majority of people to prepare their food from basic ingredients due to over-active lifestyles.  Not being sexist, but people ate more healthily way back when the wife was not forced out to work in order to support the family, and could have the time to obtain fresh produce and assemble it. At least today there is a multitude of recipes so that fresh produce doesn't become meat and three over-boiled veggies.

• Like 1

I guess I was fortunate I was raised on a farm where the food was adequate, fresh and plentiful. As dairy farmers developing a bush block from scratch, money was tight, but I certainly don't recall any food problems.

The major problem was not getting paid enough for dairy produce, but there's nothing new about that. As a mate once said, "My old man reckoned you've never experienced true poverty, until you've been a dairy farmer!"

poverty 

A kick in the arse, & off to bed .

As no food or heating. 

A 20 inch waist , shows we were not being fed enough .

spacesailor

Edited by spacesailor
It changed my spelling A I again
  • Sad 1