How Christianity could save Australia from terrorism

Bruce

5 hours ago, spacesailor said:

But were those funeral sites, on consicrated ground ?.

The First ( white  )  woman born in NSW is buried in 'unconsicrated '  ground on a farm !. Because she was born ' out of wedlock '.

spacesailor

I'm having trouble understanding why an atheist would give two hoots whether their grave was on "consecrated" ground (whatever that means).

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Marty_d said:

I'm having trouble understanding why an atheist would give two hoots whether their grave was on "consecrated" ground (whatever that means).

It’s always a bit harder for family to find those graves; being on the periphery, they can get neglected and overgrown. I know of one cemetery where several old graves are now somewhere under the neighbouring farmer’ crop.

• Informative 1

I don't disagree with that, OK, but I think that a grave in a graveyard is becoming less common that it used to be.  I'm quite happy to be cremated and after that, do what you will - spread my ashes over the creek, release them from an aircraft - I'm not going to be around to worry about it.

We've got my wife's grandmother's ashes buried under the tree near our bridge (along with 2 dogs, a cat and our favourite duck).  So interestingly I might think of her when I'm mowing that area.  However my dad is buried in a graveyard in a town we hardly ever go to, so we don't have that opportunity anyway.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, spacesailor said:

But were those funeral sites, on consicrated ground ?.

The First ( white  )  woman born in NSW is buried in 'unconsicrated '  ground on a farm !. Because she was born ' out of wedlock '.

spacesailor

Consecrated ground is just another load of rubbish for the church to get more money and control over people and their lives, no different to holy water, which is tap water blessed by a preacher. It's all complete fantasy land rubbish.

The title of this thread has me a bit confused, christinaity is the embodiment of terrorism, that's what its entire history consists of, submitting people to the terror of the cults wrath and suppression. So how can you use the cause of terrorism to fix it.

14 hours ago, Marty_d said:

I don't disagree with that, OK, but I think that a grave in a graveyard is becoming less common that it used to be…

This deserves a thread of its own; people are using lots of different ways to dispose of their discarded carcases.

Buried under a newly-planted tree is my ideal. Cremation maybe, but its energy-intensive. 

I’d donate mine to science but for two issues; quite a few bodies get buried in various ways for forensic research purposes and my kid, who is in this line of work, might happen upon it. The other excuse is that my body would probably yield no spare parts useful to anyone else.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dax said:

I have registered burial plots on my property, one is already filled and I'll be put in a bag and buried under a fruit tree.

I’d like to do that, Dax, but assume lots of legal obstacles.

Which state are you in and how hard was it to register burial plots?

I was talking funeral planning with the partner the other day.. she asked me once I pop my cloggs, what did I want.. My response was, "What do you want, sweetie, because once I'm dead, well, I won't have the capacity to give a crap". She was taken a bit aback, but I explained that it really is for those who are left behind and that I was happy with whatever she thought was best for her and the kids to remember me. So, apparently, they are rolling me off a cliff... while still alive 😉

20 hours ago, Old Koreelah said:

I’d donate mine to science but for two issues; quite a few bodies get buried in various ways for forensic research purposes and my kid, who is in this line of work, might happen upon it. The other excuse is that my body would probably yield no spare parts useful to anyone else.

I have lived the sort of life that would ensure there is little useful bits left for others - I guess I am selfish like that. But I am still donating to science to hopefully work out what is wrong with the human body 😉

• Haha 1

Jerry!  I thought you'd have more tact.

I told mine that I don't want cremation. In winter we have a weekly hazard reduction bonfire accompanied by consumption of a substantial incoholic lubrication.  I'm worried that she might lose her inhibitions and start Cremating before I'm ready for it........(I'm her biggest hazard)

Edited by nomadpete
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, nomadpete said:

Which LGA is that, Dax?

You may find most of Tas is like that and in my experience lots of rural Aus is more lenient with buildings and other minor developments than urban councils. Don't have permits for any of my sheds, one is rather large and same with dams, we just build them and that's it. Had to get a permit for a bore though because the drilling people wouldn't drill unless there was a government permit, which is fine because they need to know who's taking water out of the ground, but not out of the air.

• Like 1

Urban dwellers are now putting their sheds on ' skids ' to get out of those expensive permits .

If it,s Not permanent, it dosn,t need a permit.

Don,t tell council you have that tree, before cutting it down.

Do everything behind councils back, to save money.

spacesailor

• Like 1

Spacey, Most councils have caught on to that. They now require a permit to place a shipping container on your land. They have a shiny ass bureaucrat warming a seat in their office, scanning Google Earth to find new rooftops and missing trees so they can send the building inspector to pay you a visit.

🙂

• Sad 1

But they cannot make a ' portable ' shed,   a  ' permanent ' fixture.

Each time they put it on their plans, l would move it elsewhere, or even disassemble it.

I went throught that regine with one council over a ' very large dolls house ' for my four daughters.

Then my son in law built a ' kit play-house ' for the grandson ,& had the same run-in, with Graystanes Council.  Untill it was put on ' skids ' , with a ten ton Turfer winch,  shown as the mover.

Large turfer winch for sale !. LoL (  only used for demonstrations ( plus super sized anchor )).

spacesailor

• Haha 1

On 29/06/2021 at 11:15 AM, nomadpete said:

Jerry!  I thought you'd have more tact.

I told mine that I don't want cremation. In winter we have a weekly hazard reduction bonfire accompanied by consumption of a substantial incoholic lubrication.  I'm worried that she might lose her inhibitions and start Cremating before I'm ready for it........(I'm her biggest hazard)

That is one of the reasons why I stopped my life insurance.. and am still here today - well in spirits...

• Like 1