Fave Aussie Music

@Yenn - I recall our family having a Seekers album.... Hop onto yootoob and find your favourite clip and link it here... TBH - I can't recall a song of theirs (I was relatively young at the time).

What about 'Morningtown Ride' . . .I often wondered if this referred to Mornington,. . .South of Melb on the Mornington penninsula. . .but never found out. . .

I once bumped into Athol Guy, at a Pizza place North of Melbourne one afternoon, after breaking one of Keith Hatfield's Berwick based Cessna 150s at Tulla, ( Serious Engine prob - VH-RXV - had to divert there on the way back from Nhill ) . . He was then the Minister of Youth, Sport and Recreation. . .Back in the 70s,. . .really NICE bloke I thought. . .very Mr. Average, no bullcrap about the man. Told him I'd been a fan for years. . . .Nice Guy ( ! )

What about 'Morningtown Ride' . . .I often wondered if this referred to Mornington,. . .South of Melb on the Mornington penninsula. . .but never found out. . .

I once bumped into Athol Guy, at a Pizza place North of Melbourne one afternoon, after breaking one of Keith Hatfield's Berwick based Cessna 150s at Tulla, ( Serious Engine prob - VH-RXV - had to divert there on the way back from Nhill ) . . He was then the Minister of Youth, Sport and Recreation. . .Back in the 70s,. . .really NICE bloke I thought. . .very Mr. Average, no bullcrap about the man. Told him I'd been a fan for years. . . .Nice Guy ( ! )

Wot? Not deafened by loud amps and burnt out by drugs and orgies?

He can't have been a proper muso!

I am in two minds about posting this..

Eddie Vedder is the vocalist for Pearl Jam - one of the biggest names in the 90's... and a very good band. A band from Seattle, but of the genre of NE US grunge (something I like, actually, having worked in the late 90s throughout the region). However, it is a song from the Hunters and Collectors - a great Aussie band that should have achieved much greater international success than it did. Compare the vocals from Vedder vs Seymour - I know (unbiased, of course), which one I prefer....

(BTW, I am pretty eclectic with my music tastes - only Opera really causes me to cringe)...)

They were too pure for the times, Phil. Surely Judith Durham's sweet voice and the Seekers's churchy harmonies were hiding some dark secret.

You could well be right there. . . .OK, contrast them with this. . .Obviously not 'Pure' but Beautiful harmonies and a tongue in cheek video too. . .( Initially, I couldn't see where the Fiddle sound was coming from ). . .Worth a watch - - - 3 mins 55 run time. . . 'Old Crow Medicine Show'

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...