Fave Aussie Music

On the Aurora Channel on Foxtel they have a wayback machine called Jukebox Saturday Night. They dug up an old clip the other day by the Dellltones with the baratone voice of Ian "Peewee" Wilson:

A web search reveals that they were still performing regularly as recently as 2015, performing what Peewee referred to as "fossil rock".

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Atlantics are an Australian surf rock band founded in 1961. They were the first Australian rock band to write their own hits. The Atlantics had the advantage of having twin lead guitarists, both highly proficient on solo work and both capable of pushing the band along with a driving rhythm. It was this, together with the band members' European cultural influences (largely Greek with some Yugoslav and Hungarian - all members came to Australia as child migrants) that gave their music that passionate edge over other local bands of their day.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 23/09/2017 at 5:48 AM, Yenn said:

Nobody seems to like my favourite Aussies. The seekers. I reckon Judith Durham has the nicest womans voice I have ever heard.

Well, Yenn.. You can relax.. My son, at 17 years of age has just discovered them. He is becoming politically aware (although taking a Willedoo stance to Russia... ) and was researching various things and for some reason has become interested in countries' national anthems.. Anyway, he showed me a few countries national anthems (inc. NZ) and remarked on what most of us thing about Advance Australia Fair.. Then he played me the Seekers "We are Australian".. His remarks were a) he could not understand why that wasn;t the Aussie anthem and b) what a wonderful voice JD has...

Edited by Jerry_Atrick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...