Silly Picture Thread.

Phil Perry

Cunning. She's probably a nervous wreck now,

. When a Flighty asked if we  could do something about a passengers acute fear of Flying and when she came up we acted real relaxed and I said "this is one of the safest Planes out there and there was no way  that we were going to jeopardise  getting our superannuation by flying a crook one".  That seemed to do it. Nev

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

I have to admit - it wasn't by design, but, as I was a fledgling piilot at the time, I was able to reassure her those up front aren't in the habit of killing themselves nor their passengers, and that they were certainly more lucid than my ageing father... That also helped..

She still wouldn't get in a light plane (at least with me, anyway)...

[Edit] And, yes.. she was a nervous wreck... though as it turned out, long before I met her, and she was darned good at hiding it

Edited by Jerry_Atrick
  • Like 2
  • Informative 1

9 hours ago, Jerry_Atrick said:

...She still wouldn't get in a light plane (at least with me, anyway)...

My other half was scared rigid of flying for decades, then did the Fearless Flying course run by female Qantas pilots. Since then she’s organised several flights OS for us...

but she still won’t go near little aeroplanes!

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Who says an aeroplane only crashes once. A lot of you would have seen the red DH Dragon which went to several fly ins in Qld. The owner pilot told me that it had crashed years ago, killing his father and uncle. He had more recently managed to buy it and it was restored. It then went on to kill him in a flight from Monto, ending up in a mountain near Gympie.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Sad 1