Are we True or simply Cultural believers in God?

old man emu

• 2 weeks later...

My maternal grandmother was very intolerant of Italians, I remember her saying that she would be good n dead before one got to be prime minister. But I personally like Albanese, and I think Grandma was silly. Now, returning to the Bible, if they are using the word "day " then they have used a bloody awfully confusing "translation" if they actually meant " a long but unknown period of time".

If you can do this, you can do anything as your words can be made to suit anything you choose.

But how do they weasel out of the "firmament stuff...  do I need to be careful in my Jabiru or not? The thing is pretty solid if it is going to "separate the waters above from the waters below", and it is below freezing level for the same reason.

• Like 1

Before the mid-19th century,[12] the word lesbian referred to things associated with the island of Lesbos, including a type of wine. That's the same as Sardinian, Cretan, Sicilian and so on. Use of the word lesbianism to describe erotic relationships between women had been documented in 1870.

• Informative 1

51 minutes ago, Jerry_Atrick said:

It's Niger, and pronounced Ny-shjer

The name comes from the Niger River which flows through the west of the country. The origin of the river's name is uncertain. Alexandrian geographer Ptolemy wrote descriptions of the wadi Gir (in neighbouring modern Algeria) and the Ni-Gir ("Lower Gir") to the south, possibly referring to the Niger River. The modern spelling Niger was first recorded by Berber scholar Leo Africanus in 1550, possibly derived from the Tuareg phrase gher-n-gheren meaning "river of rivers". There is broad consensus among linguists that it does not derive from the Latin niger ("black") as was first erroneously believed

• Informative 4

I was surprised to find the association between Lesbos and lesbians is a lot more murky than we have been told. As with so much ancient culture, there's a lot lost in the translation and in ensuing individual opinions.

https://greekreporter.com/2023/06/09/greek-island-lesbos-word-lesbian/#:~:text=The etymology of “lesbian” and,of Lesbos' most famous inhabitants.