The Random thought thread

spenaroo

Another option is that he's away from home somewhere and doesn't have his computer. He might be like me in that I can't log in or access this site on the mobile phone. It's the laptop or nothing. I can use the phone as a mobile hotspot to access via the laptop, but can't do it solely with the phone.

• Agree 1

One of the nicest days for a long time in Melbourne, so I decided to take a drive.Visited some of the places I lived in before I was married, and hadn't seen some of them in over 40 years. The ultimate destination was Essendon airport, and what a disappointment.Very few aircraft, and those that were there were parked well away from anywhere you could take a photo. Most accesses now have double gates you could fit a car between (airlock fashion) and multiple chain-link fences, some even with what looked like flyscreen on them. You could catch a glimpse of a wing, or a tail, but not a whole aircraft without some obstruction in front of it. There were 3 bizjets together, a Bombardier Challenger and similar, one VH, one N (USA), and one ZK. I didn't even get out the camera or phone. 

• Informative 1

Getting back to the violence in  sport that may be a catalyst to other violent behaviour in society - take a look at this:

Lachie Neale is pushed to the ground and it is called a dive; he is constantly physically challenged off the ball, and that is a good look for the game.. But, kids are looking at this with the commentary dsaying it is fine and Lachie Neale is diving when there looks to be a clear push off the ball.. I love the game, but that sort of shit should be eradicated from it regardless of whether or not a dive was taken. I can' t think of too many sports that, whiole being more violent on the ball, allow that off the ball stuff to happen.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Jerry_Atrick said:

Getting back to the violence in  sport that may be a catalyst to other violent behaviour in society - take a look at this:

Lachie Neale is pushed to the ground and it is called a dive; he is constantly physically challenged off the ball, and that is a good look for the game.. But, kids are looking at this with the commentary dsaying it is fine and Lachie Neale is diving when there looks to be a clear push off the ball.. I love the game, but that sort of shit should be eradicated from it regardless of whether or not a dive was taken. I can' t think of too many sports that, whiole being more violent on the ball, allow that off the ball stuff to happen.

It sounds like AFL needs a good shake up. That sort of thing in NRL would result in being sent off to the sin bin,and being put on report for the match review committee to make a penalty decision. A six week match ban possibly.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
On 26/04/2024 at 4:31 PM, Jerry_Atrick said:

Will defintiely have to catch up when I get to Aus; My 21 yr old son, who is coming with me loves fencing, but, alas, there are no competitive clubs here anymore.. Ironically,  he was  introduced to it through his provate school. He does foil (and purely foil). I think he likes the structure and the rules (right of way and the like).

Im a sabruer, but can fence all three weapons. 

Currently have a level 1 (basic) coaching certificate for epee, just applied to get on the course for sabre.

Its been a great environment for me. Very supportive and a small sport where you know all of your competitors.

I've swapped a bit more to coaching then competing as I wanted to give back to the club. And also struggling with my body getting to move how I want it too

My fencing coach also does it with a local private school. Think its more of a trial then an competition program.

Edited by spenaroo
  • Like 2
  • Informative 1

2 hours ago, red750 said:

Got a reply this morning. He has been working 12-14 hour days and hasn't had a chance to get on the forums. He says he's fine.

Thanks Peter, great to hear he's ok.

Here is a direct quote from his email.

All's well here, it's just that I have been working like a demon, trying to get all my equipment, part and tools moved out of my soon-to-be-demolished workshop/factory unit.

I've been putting in 12 and 14 hr days, sorting, packing, loading, hauling and unloading, about 80 to 100 tonnes of gear to my block in the wheatbelt.

I haven't worked this hard for about 30 years. A mate came up from down South and helped me out for a fortnight, and that was a great effort - but I nearly buggered him, he's a year older than me and not quite as fit.

I haven't had time to even glance at rec flying or the social forum, and I do miss both. It's been a grind getting up at 5:00AM or 5:30AM, and not getting home until often well after 7:00PM.

Fortunately, I can see the end in sight within a fortnight - even though we are all supposed to have vacated on 30th April - several of the factory unit owners are still also grinding away at their moving, and still look like they have a fortnight to go.

The whole episode of being kicked out unceremoniously with less than 6 weeks notice has left most of the blokes angry and stressed-out too. 

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Some women are more honest than others.

41 minutes ago, spenaroo said:

there is a lot of women who have no issue with being bold and to the point

Edited by nomadpete
spellchucked

Oh yeah,

you have no idea how scary some of these can be....

cant share here as too public, but often screenshot the most shocking and share in a chat group with friends.

its pretty unbelievable.

1 minute ago, spenaroo said:

Oh yeah,

you have no idea how scary some of these can be....

cant share here as too public, but often screenshot the most shocking and share in a chat group with friends.

its pretty unbelievable.

Well doesn't that help you to narrow the field a fair bit?

The world of sushul medua doesn't tell you jack shit anything about a person's  ethics. Or whether they are worth waking up next to, without knawing your arm off to prevent waking them up.

• Like 1
  • Winner 1