Weird transport.

red750

I hate to think what the road handling is like, on those cars with the massive loads on their roofs!

Here's another weird form of transport, from Italy, designed around 1923-24 - the Motoruota Monowheel. It was designed by one Davide Cislaghi, reportedly a former policeman from Milan.

175cc, 3 speed gearbox, and heavy braking at your risk! I believe the film clip was taken in France around 1931 or 1932.

https://www.facebook.com/wowthatshandy/videos/motoruota-a-1931-monowheel-standing-145-meters-tall-and-using-a-175cc-single-cyl/334207981053076/

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/2010/11/29/motoruota-the-monowheel-that-mightve

Italian-single-wheel-motorcycle.JPG

Edited by onetrack

I think the link is a bit out - not onetrack, the link. 145 metres high? If they couldn't include the dot in the link, it should have said 145 cm.

Incidently, that was one of the photos in the other hlf of the collection. I will add them tomorrow.

• Informative 1

image.thumb.jpeg.f31e717ad1398e96889a85052c349166.jpeg

This picture reminds me of a video I recently watched. It was how to build a moveable shelter cart for homeless people. It was made from plywood and 42 x 42mm timber framing with swivel wheels. This video will give you an idea of teh concept, but the one made in the video I watched was a heap better, and I reckon cheaper to build than the $US500 mentioned in the video.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

1 hour ago, red750 said:

The photo you reprinted looks like a two-stretcher ambulance litter with the red cross on the front. Looks like the rider may be an army medic.

Quite so. Probably a Blitz-bike made to carry the injured for treatment since there would not have been enough motorised ambulances. Looking at the rider, I's say that he's a middle-aged air raid warden or other civil defence worker.

The bike is simply an addition to an old 19th Century design. Model of a 'flying ambulance', Europe, 1801-1850 | Science Museum Group  Collection

I think it's a ploy to make Australia All electric. 

SOON BE $ 3.00 a ltr .

Then we can expect more servos closing down. 

And more ' high-rise flats ' for multiple millions of immigrants to keep ' big-busines ' happy .

It happened in " Pendlehill ' Sydney nsw .

Was a service station garage,  but now a residential high-rise ..

spacesailor

• Like 1

No servos closing down here, Spacey, they're still building them at an astonishing rate. Just goes to show the current massive profit levels in fuel.

Meantimes, today I had a bloke at the door doing a hard sell for Automasters - offering a package $1580 servicing deal over 12 mths for just $189.

But I suspect you have to sign up for a 12 mth contract, and then they will find lots of other things wrong with your car when it's in there.

I floored him a little bit by telling him I did all my own servicing. Then he says, "So you've got your own workshop with a hoist?". And I replied, "Yep" - which disheartened him a bit more.

Makes me think Automasters are starting to panic about their future servicing income, once EV's reach a critical level of numbers in use - which won't be long, I reckon 3 years.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Marty_d said:

I think the Guardian's editor should have reconsider this bit: the Hustler is expected to attract attention from around the world when it goes under the hammer. Would you call that "Breaking News"?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1