Why are theists so poor at making any arguments?

Bruce Tuncks

Name the worst person you can think of and there will be some of his atoms in you right now.

That's how statistics works.

As far as not paying for the funeral, if you don't buy a prepaid one, the executor will just charge it to the estate. I bet you would get a better deal with a prepaid.

I once reckoned that a sandy-soil paddock at the farm would be fine for funerals, but the red tape is very discouraging. ( My plan was to dispose of the bodies while they held a memorial service elsewhere. I was planning to use an auger to make a vertical hole and charge extra for head first or last)

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, onetrack said:

So ... all this origins pondering, possibly means that corporate arseholes atoms have more than likely been through sharks and crocodiles, and that's why they now behave in their ruthless manner?

There is a theory that we all have fragments of "cellular memory" in us. Maybe from the atoms of past life beings.

Yeah, I once read lots of nutcase conspiracy books. They all failed to make me their kind of nutcase - they just turned me into a terminal cynic.

Edited by nomadpete
I've got a theory about that, too
  • Like 2

New age quackery?

Standing in the queue at the chemist. The woman in front of me was wanting an 'off the shelf' medication to fix the daughter's affliction. After repeatedly knocking back a couple of products because "No! that stuff's just a Big Pharma con", the woman left empty handed. Mumbling...... "I'll just go back to using dragon's blood."

There are a lot of believers out there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1