Site Problem

willedoo

Not sure if others are having the same problem. I think it's possibly a Javascript problem. No images automatically display, no hover mouse over actions work and cannot post photos. The only way I can post text is to turn Javascript off in the browser. With Javascript on, the text box for posting doesn't appear, but it does when I turn off the script. Edited by willedoo
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is my first time on the site with a smart phone. I can post in a thread but can't post again in that same thread. When I tap on 'reply to this topic' the only option I get is to edit the previous post. There must be a trick to it, any ideas?

Willie, is it a new iPhone or an Android? I rarely use a mobile phone to access sites, because I find there are major limitations to what a phone can do on websites, as compared to a desktop or laptop.

The small screen is a major handicap for a start - but then the level of ads starts to take over, and becomes a major annoyance. I also find the mobile apps are very limiting when it comes to good search results.

I find I can get vastly better search results using a desktop or laptop, than I ever can, using a phone - and a 22" screen provides a superb area for viewing and page information - particularly when the level of site information is huge.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, onetrack said:

Willie, is it a new iPhone or an Android? I rarely use a mobile phone to access sites, because I find there are major limitations to what a phone can do on websites, as compared to a desktop or laptop.

The small screen is a major handicap for a start - but then the level of ads starts to take over, and becomes a major annoyance. I also find the mobile apps are very limiting when it comes to good search results.

I find I can get vastly better search results using a desktop or laptop, than I ever can, using a phone - and a 22" screen provides a superb area for viewing and page information - particularly when the level of site information is huge.

It's an android. I've always avoided using a phone to access the internet as much as possible, as I consider it an unpleasant experience to try to do so using a screen the size of a cigarette packet. Also I hate touch screens and am having a bit of trouble getting the scrolling pressure right so I don't keep accidentally opening things I didn't intend to. I've been a bit spoilt over the years with a one metre wide monitor and have almost zero experience at phone surfing the internet.

• Informative 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm going away over Christmas and was planning to access this site via the phone. It's an older one with the Android 6 system. The latest thing is that this site can't be reached. Going via the parent site doesn't work either, and it's the only site I can't connect to. I tried connecting via a proxy and that worked, so bookmarked that proxy connection and it has no trouble connecting again. I'm wondering if there's been a site update that's caused it.

• Informative 1

You're right. We certainly don't seem to have any grumpy old Women.  All the "most fun" things were done in the olden days when you "did things" Manually and couldn't think of buying NEW and SHINY stuff, unless you came from a POSH family. Getting your Commercial Licence cost you Half a normal house equivalent.  Nev

4 hours ago, nomadpete said:

Will, I only access this site on my ageing Android phone. Also runs v.6

No problems. Nothing has changed.

I wonder what it is then. I went into settings and can't find any signs of it being blocked. I guess I'll stick with the proxy until I can figure it out.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

2 hours ago, red750 said:

I am repeatedly getting the situation that the edit box does not clear when I submit a post. I open the box to reply and my last post is still there with a bar asking if I wish to clear it. This should not be necessary.

You're not paranoid, Peter.

Your computer does hate you.

My computer likes me so I don't have that particular problem ..... (It's called a Undocumented feature)

• Like 1