13,6 Billion years ago

octave

6 hours ago, facthunter said:

The earth's core is made of Iron and nickel. Metal not oxides. That's why it's magnetic and we are protected from cosmic rays.  Nev

That can't be true...

If the earth's core was really iron, it would have rusted away by now, and in the process it would use up all our oxygen. And we'd be dead.

And as for your mythical magnetism, we were taught at school that it takes a electric current to magnetise an iron core. There is no evidence od any gigantic battery, so that can't be true either. And everyone knows cosmic rays come from rayguns.

Are you trying to blind me with pseudoscience?

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, nomadpete said:

That can't be true...

If the earth's core was really iron, it would have rusted away by now, and in the process it would use up all our oxygen. And we'd be dead.

And as for your mythical magnetism, we were taught at school that it takes a electric current to magnetise an iron core. There is no evidence od any gigantic battery, so that can't be true either. And everyone knows cosmic rays come from rayguns.

Are you trying to blind me with pseudoscience?

And besides that, if we were actually spinning, centrifugal force would have flung us into space.

(Don't hit me for mentioning the C word OME!  It's all in jest...)

• Haha 1

Like the doctor said, "You'll have to give up half your sex life."

"Which half?" I asked, "Thinking about it or talking about it?"

Just a distant memory. When they remove your prostate, they cut the nerves that control it. Permanent E.D.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Reminiscing ?.

It,s this COLD weather thats upseitting my health. Painful fingers, that are stiff to bend, knees that creak on climbing stairs, steps. Can,t even do my ten ' star jumps '.

Mt Daughter & soninlaw.  Have my " wanderlust " . was at the Birdsville Big Bash, and still headed for the Cape.

spacesailor

• Sad 1

I get worried about blokes who have calendars in their workshop, with nothing but aircraft in the pictures. 

It's the concreters who are the worst sex-seekers. I once had a gang of concreters in the workshop next to mine. The boss had an office where every wall was lined with nothing but Playboy centrefold pictures - and anytime a holiday or long weekend came around, they'd party like nothing I've ever seen.

Gorgeous, completely naked strippers parading around everywhere, including the backyard of the workshop (which was only separated from my yard by a chain link fence), and boozing that went on to the wee small hours. They worked hard, and they partied hard.

On 14/07/2022 at 8:35 PM, Marty_d said:

(Don't hit me for mentioning the C word OME!  It's all in jest...)

As long as you accept that the C of which you speak is imaginary and used to simplify the vector sum of the Force tangential to the angular velocity and the centripetal force drawing the object to the centre of rotation, which in the case of the Earth, we also call the Force of Gravity. One might say that the Force whose name we must not utter is a placebo for the vector annalistically challenged.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1