Who is it?

red750

30 minutes ago, facthunter said:

"I" found the incorrect word s in 2 seconds. MANY & ROLES. Now where's my prize money?  (or at least a Koala stamp in the Mail)..  Nev

No Koala stamp - you missed the other two....wae a welk known... was a well known....

13 hours ago, facthunter said:

"I" found the incorrect word s in 2 seconds. MANY & ROLES. Now where's my prize money?  (or at least a Koala stamp in the Mail)..  Nev

A koala stamp with laurels for you Nev.

Obviously a fan of my namesake "Philip" Adams.

The lazy bugger is retiring this year to his normal job of farming.

Only well into his 80's and still the sharpest knife in the draw.

• Agree 1

I once pulled Phillip Adams up for speeding on the Federal Highway near Goulburn. Told him that his speeding brought disgrace to the family name, and as penance he was to narrate a talking book for the blind since my Dad's eyesight prevented him from reading, but he loved the talking books. A week or two later a signed copy of one of his books turned up at the Police Station for me.

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

You probably sprung out of those bushes at me going quickly in a Peugeot 203. just as the sun was about to come up The semaphore. RHS turn signal was held open by the slipstream. I mentioned I was late and trying to get to Central Station . I didn't get pinched . Such a nice man.   I've seen some pretty awful prangs on THAT road.. Drove it regularly.   Nev

Goulburn screaming hot in summer and bloody freezing in winter.

I lived there till 13. Still have family there and it's a nice little city these days.

The freeway bypass was a huge thing and stopped trucks speeding through the mainstreet at night.

Often a local got mowed down after leaving the pub at night and they were horrific when it happened, a bin bag job.

Not a smart place for crims with a super Max goal and the police academy.

Also home to one of the fanciest court buildings in the country. It was meant to be the Indian supreme court but the dumb poms sent the plans here instead. Been the richest town in the country from wool, they built it anyway.

Edited by Litespeed

8 hours ago, Litespeed said:

It was meant to be the Indian supreme court but the dumb poms sent the plans here instead

You are thinking of the erroneous story about Bathurst Courthouse. Constructed in the Federation Free Classical style based on original designs by Colonial Architect, James Barnet, the building structure was completed in 1880 under the supervision of Barnet's successor, Government Architect, Walter Liberty Vernon. 

Most of the NSW Government buildings erected in the last quarter of the 19th Century were designed by Barnet. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Barnet, including Goulburn.

https://monumentaustralia.org.au/themes/government/state/display/102416-centenary-of-goulburn-court-house/photo/1