Who is it?

red750

No idea. I was too busy selling newspapers  to know these things and there were beaut things like Motorbikes and model planes to play with and Popular Mechanics to engage your mind  and a steam roller left out the front of the House with steam pressure still on the Gauges for Me to Drive if I got to it quick enough after the road workers left..  Nev

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, onetrack said:

SO! - In your real life, you were actually a steam roller driver? - and you only then, graduated to a B727 and Fokker driver??

I bet he was a naughty little Fokker.

• Haha 2

You'd have to be unnatural not to have a soft spot for steam. I did have a small steam engine but the temptation was too great to let the REAL roller pass  when it was sitting there steaming and sounding like a stove cooling., I think it was a Fowler.  I built MODEL planes too and one evening when I was playing tennis at Warners Bay I looked up and saw a DC6b winging it's way towards PNG and said "I wanna Drive one of those things". Well I didn't make it. I only got to fly a DC4/C54 to PNG but it was close and a big change from a Tiger Moth that I was Instructing People on at the time. Those days will never come again. I think we can be pretty sure of that. . It wasn't actually THAT safe.. (Till Jets came along).   Nev

• Like 1
  • Informative 1
  • Winner 1