Who is it?

red750

Yes, Gareth. Do you use Google reverse image search?

Robert Clary (born Robert Max Widerman; March 1, 1926 – November 16, 2022) was a French actor who was mainly active in the United States. He is best known for his role as Corporal Louis LeBeau on the television sitcom Hogan's Heroes (1965–1971). He also had recurring roles on the soap operas Days of Our Lives (1972–1987), and The Bold and the Beautiful (1990–1992).

Cpl Lebeau.jpg

I'm afraid I don't even remember him! Maybe it was because I never watched any American daytime housewife soapies, and because I never got to watch much Hogans Heroes, either!

I was living in the Wheatbelt of W.A. from '65 to '69 and we could only get ABC TV. Then I spent 2 years in the military and hardly saw a TV programme, because there was no time to watch TV!

His life story is quite amazing. One of 14 children born to a Polish Jew father, he was the only Holocaust survivor of his entire family.

He was shipped to no less than 4 Nazi concentration camps over 2-1/2 years and was only liberated from Buchenwald in April 1945, by American troops.

Yet he still got to live to 96! He must have been made of some tough stuff.

https://www.wsfm.com.au/entertainment/robert-clary-last-of-the-hogans-heroes-stars-dies-at-96/

• Like 1
  • Informative 2

35 minutes ago, red750 said:

Yes, Gareth. Do you use Google reverse image search?

Robert Clary (born Robert Max Widerman; March 1, 1926 – November 16, 2022) was a French actor who was mainly active in the United States. He is best known for his role as Corporal Louis LeBeau on the television sitcom Hogan's Heroes (1965–1971). He also had recurring roles on the soap operas Days of Our Lives (1972–1987), and The Bold and the Beautiful (1990–1992).

Cpl Lebeau.jpg

No dont use that but recently was reading wiki about the series and his name came up 

• Like 1