Australian Federal Election 2022

Jerry_Atrick

The freedom of pollies and those that fund them to commit corruption while compelling the plebs to a life of subservience.

There is so much corruption in the police and government; much the same as in the corporate world. Look at Mick Fuller, the ex NSW Police Commissioner. In Vic, I was one of the stream leads of a Vic public body for a large systems procurement. We were asked by the IT Director (woould be known as the CIO in today's terms) to return one of the vendors to the mix that we discarded. Their submission was they didn't have a system but could build us one.. These are large, complex systems that take years to build and refine...

So, we did.. and during the tender evaluation process, promptly chucked out their submission. They are a big player in the software world, but did not have an offering in the area we were working. The IT Director was fuming and asked us for a detailed report as to why they were dumped. As an external contractor (already with my next gig lined up), I basically said, no need for a report; they don't have an existing offering to buy, which is the first requirement of the brief; they are about twice as much as the next most expensive bidder, and in addition to the two years to implement the system, they will need, in their submission, 2 - 3 years to build it.. As an independent procurement function, we did not think this was even close to providing a good return on investment or application of taxpayers money.

In front of everyone, he couldn't argue, but I knew thgere would be recourse demanded later, and sure enough, I was marched into his office and his displeasure wasn't subtle. I reminded him there were three streams, and all three streams of the procurement came to the samed conclusion; that the auditor general is all over this, and we certainly were not willing to put our names to it - he could if he wanted to. I also reminded him that, in an effort to boost productivity and reduce the cost is the technoligy function in his public body, he was asking his staff to work harder, or the executive may decide to outsource - and then asked if pursuing the vendor option he wanted was the right thing to do.. He carried on a bit about how they were trustworthy and always were better value in the end; so much better than the established incumcbents in that industry. I said it was his decision,  but I am certainly not chaing my recommendation, and neither were the other stream leads.

So... ge canned the project.. and I understand about a year later ended up working with them anyway in some senior role representing to government business. That may or may not be related to his loyalty to them as a potential client.

• Informative 2

Josh is reportedly paying his human billboards $30 per hour. Not bad money for going for a walk around town. Here's a question - if the Libs lose the election and Frydenberg loses his seat, and Scotty FM stands down as leader, will Lord Voldemort become the opposition leader? Assuming he also doesn't get the boot with his 4.6% margin.

c0c.png

• Like 1

OME, no offence intended to the grass roots police. Like infantry, they are often simply carrying out orders.

In similar vein to my assertion in the previous post, albeit in a less personally damaging scenario, I saw how easily one individual's ministerial complaint, resulted in large amounts of money being spent by a GOC simply because somebody got into the ear of a federal telecommunications minister. For our group, a ministerial complaint was never questioned.

Imagine the commercial logic or justification for spending half a million on a suddenly 'urgent' 3 month refurbishment of a remote telecommunications link. We all knew that system was scheduled for total replacement in 6 month's ttim anyway.

At the worker level, we all thought 'what a crock'. But we went where we were sent and did what we were told.

I later met that individual and found out a little of the back story, but the waste of money was totally silly.

I shouldn't complain - for me it meant  8 months of extended travel allowance and massive amounts of overtime which finished off my home mortgage. They say

"It's only a rort if you can't get in on it".

Another popular saying was: "It's not so much who you know, it's what you know about him"

Edited by nomadpete
  • Like 1

Scomo will definitely change after the election. Win or lose he will get worse. He won't give up his happy clapper religious nutjob role though. Everything will be OK because it will be a miracle that he lost and he has always believed in miracles.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Marty_d said:

Tudge is apparently your man for that.  Although Barnaby has a bit of form too.

Speaking of Federal Erections and politicians - I remember someone's comment once about how Bronnie Bishop would give you a lump in the back of your pants instead of the front. I'd believe it.

• Agree 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, kgwilson said:

Scomo will definitely change after the election. Win or lose he will get worse. He won't give up his happy clapper religious nutjob role though. Everything will be OK because it will be a miracle that he lost and he has always believed in miracles.

Before the last election, he told the people at that Christian conference that he was doing God's work as PM. So if he loses this time he might blame it on the work of the Evil One. The same Evil One he told them is responsible for the bad things on social media.

• Like 1

When is Labor going to drop the dirt on Scumbag and his LNP? We have heard nothing about all the rorts that the LNP got up to, nor the lies by scumbag, nor the mishandling of the Submarines contract and the covid innoculants. The LNP have had a disastrous effect on Australia but the LNP are too scared to tell the truth to the voters. Now is the time for them to point out the LNP failings, but as usual they are trying to snatch defeat at the last moment.

As far as I can see there is only one politician amongst the whole lot of them who appears to know what is going on and she isn't putting up her hand to be PM. Could it be that the job of PM is just toxic?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Labor is hampered in raising dirt simply because it can't overcome the biased media. Labor might be willing to acknowledge its sins of the past, but if the skeletons came out of the closet too close to election day, the LNP would put flesh on them and parade them through the streets like Barnum and Bailey coming to town.

Don't forget that a Federal ICAC could also look into Labor's cupboard, but it seems that Labor thinks confession would be good for the soul if it meant that the sins of the LNP could be exposed to the public.

• Like 1

Labor would pass an effective one before the end of the year , they say. Sco Mo doesn't want one with  teeth and opposed any on  the Banks about 30 times. On the basis of that who appears to want to hide things the most? Parliament has also sat a record low number of days. Dutton says the Parliament has no need to sit once the election is held, despite the Constitution saying the government includes the Loyal Opposition (and crossbenchers) who individually are just as elected as anyone else .  Nev.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Now Scum Bag is going to bring in permission to take up to fifty grand out of your super for a first home buy.

We have had years if minimal interest rates and all that has happened is that there is a housing shortage and buyers felt able to pay more, hence prices went up.

Scumbag wants his mates in the financial industry to be able to foreclose on buyers who cannot pay the higher rates and then put the houses back on the market.

Scumbag also wants us oldies to downsize to make homes available to first home buyers. I have been considering downsizing for some time, but if I do so it will not put an extra house on the market, as I shall be buying  somewhere to live. Of course he is giving me two years instead of one to find a new home, could he be hoping that if I don't buy immediately there will not be a home available, or is it just to increase the going rate when I really need that home.

Of course I could go into aged care, run by the federal government. That would be good for the aged care owners who will be paid more and more from the government, while crying poor, so they cannot afford to pay a decent wage to their employees.

The other concern is climate change. This government has denied climate change and more or less said that the opposition and the greens will cause all the miners to lose their jobs. They fail to comprehend that for the duration of this government and even before, we did away with our productive industries, so we have to buy from China or somewhere else and the only way to afford that is to sell coal and iron ore overseas.

We also had a fairly lucrative education industry where overseas students attended our overblown universities. Scumbag certainly made friends of them when Covid hit.

Speaking of Covid, we did fare fairly well, even though we are at the moment number 17 in the world for covid cases, but this was not brought about by Scumbag, it was in spite of him that the State Premiers prevailed and we waited until there was a jab available, even though Scumbag let us down again by not getting the jabs in time.

I am surprised by a lot of people who think Covid was a scam, because we didn't have millions die and i know how they will be voting. As I said before the Aussie voter is a moron, but hopefully enough will wake up to get rid of this corrupt government, including the treasurer who said it was OK if businesses got money they were no entitled to to get through the Covid. I wonder if Harvey of Harvey Norman did return that money.

• Like 3

Don,t All millionaires winge , if they can,t get that Big tax break, from their ' charity ' donations. 

A ' cardboard ' millionaire gave a good sum to charity, only to get caught as it was his workers money.

Scomo will give disgusting amounts away !,  But then again it,s only tax payers money.

spacesailor

• Agree 2

I wonder how the company, Harvey Norman was able to justify its need for financial support to pay people who worked under its umbrella. I thought that each department in a Harvey Norman shop was a franchise. In other words, a separate entity paying franchise fees to HN.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1