No bread

red750

7 hours ago, Jerry_Atrick said:

@old man emu, take my like as liking what you are doing in the circumstances, and not liking 60 days separation or Medicare's tardiness.

While I support the effort to contain the disease, by now I'm getting heartily sick of the intransigency of the little Hitlers in shop entrances. Also, how many times have you been thinking of what you are going into a shopping centre to get, only to get halfway from your car to the door when you realise that you have left your mask in the car?  Then, if you don't have the most modern of mobile phones, or the latest 5G connection, it takes time for the COVID login app to connect. You get home and get a text message telling you that you haven't logged out.

And that COVID test might be a simple swabbing, but it's not pleasant having someone shove a stick down your throat and up your nose without them knowing how  much pressure the swab is exerting on tender surfaces. If you are expecting it, it's a tickling sensation. If not, it bloody hurts.

Anyway, I've made a stack of meals for the missus and put them in take-away containers. All I have to do is thicken the stew some more because I put too much pepper in it. It's going to look like I have bought out a Woolworth's supermarket when I roll up to the hospital. That's if I have received the result of Friday's COVID test by Sunday morning.

• Like 2

Me too OME. It's no place to be at this time especially. I did an MRI at a major Melboune Hospital last Sunday and they were ALL vaccinated and quite worried about the virus. I wouldn't like being in that environment and many of them are being abused by "Patients". I really cannot understand that and am losing a bit of faith in human nature. Nev

People abusing Med staff has been going on since Noah crashed his Ark.

I've been in more ED's than most have had hot meals at numerous hossy's & anger is ever present, human nature gets altered when under duress. The Covid BS is just another reason to let lose for some, wont change that!

8 minutes ago, Fliteright said:

People abusing Med staff has been going on since Noah crashed his Ark.

I've been in more ED's than most have had hot meals at numerous hossy's & anger is ever present, human nature gets altered when under duress. The Covid BS is just another reason to let lose for some, wont change that!

Reason or excuse?
The behaviour of some recent protestors has been apalling. Anyone abusing those trying to help are beneath contempt and should be denied the care they obviously don’t appreciate.

During four decades as a volunteer rescuer I’ve been up close and personal with many people going thru the worst traumas; I’ve seen amazing courage and restraint from those suffering the most, but also copped abuse from the very low-lifes who have caused the accident!

Why would anyone offer to help another if that risked abuse or worse?

No wonder so many responders quit.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

I never said that the nurses and doctors were little Hitlers. If anything they are Mother Theresas. I'm just arcing up at the "security" people who can't  be reasonable. This afternoon I was going into Bunnings and checked in at the front door. The security person was standing right beside me as I did so, but then as I walked towards the door asked me if I have checked in. 

Here's another bit of this COVID testing brilliance. A COVID test is good for 72 hours from the time the swab is taken. But you don't get the result for 24 to 48 hours. As I write this it's getting on the 36 hours since I had the test, and I still don't know the result - will be negative. That means that I still have to self-isolate until the result comes through. That result would take me through to Monday morning. But I am going to see the wife on Sunday, so I have to be at the hospital before 9:15am which is when the 72 hours from the test I did on Thursday runs out. So I've got to get up at sparrow fart to travel across Sydney to get to the hospital before the deadline. If that doesn't make you sick, what would?

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Yes, it's a pain. I go into hospital on Wednesday so have to have a swab Monday then isolate. My wife says I can't isolate at home because she hasn't had a jab. Has put it off due to the chemo treatment for cancer. Nowhere else I can isolate. She says I'll have to stay in the car.

So, hang on a minute.. If you don't have a test, you don't have to isolate, but if you do have a test, you do have to?? Where's the logic in that. I get that it means you ensure you don't get the virus before you go into hospital, but, you get the result, say a day before you go into hospital. You no longer have to self-isolate.. can you not pick it up (notwithstanding current lockdowns) in the interim? Or do you have to continue self-isolating until you go to hosptial?

2 hours ago, Jerry_Atrick said:

Or do you have to continue self-isolating until you go to hosptial?

That's right Jerry. Test then isolate till you are admitted to hospital. My daughter has been waiting for the Moderna vaccine. Now available, but we have to go from Vermont to Warrandyte to get it, or wait another three weeks till the local pharmacy gets it. I'll take her to Warrandyte on Monday morning, have the test Monday afternoon then isolate till 10 am Wednesday when I go to the hospital.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

The two tests I've done had the results back early the following morning.  IF you don't isolate  there is no reliable guarantee you are still free of infection and you could continue to infect others during that  time. They had one booth that was for people with symptoms and one for those not showing anything much. I think that was thoughtful. Nev

20 hours ago, old man emu said:

As I write this it's getting on the 36 hours since I had the test, and I still don't know the result

Well, I didn't get a notification of the result of Friday's test until 6:29 am Sunday. So I took my time getting to the hospital. Then came the bloody hassle of trying to get a mobile phone to open so I could get the pages up that had the results. Why do "smart phones" have to be so bloody dumb?.

Anyway, I got to see the missus and we both had a hug, kiss and cry. 

• Like 3
  • Winner 1

On 25/09/2021 at 6:32 AM, old man emu said:

You get home and get a text message telling you that you haven't logged out.

With the Victorian app, there is no log out. You are there till you log in somewhere else. I you were there around the time a known contact was, you wll be advised and you can get a test. If you know that you weren't there during the infectious times, you can give it a miss.