Australia abandons our allies to the evil Taliban

Old Koreelah

2 minutes ago, willedoo said:

Al Qaeda, ISS, started in Afghanistan

ISIS didn't start in Afghanistan. They mutated from the mob the CIA trained in Jordan to fight the Syrian Government. IS are no friends of the Taliban and chapter two could very well be a civil war with the usual suspects funding IS to nudge the Taliban and the Taliban trying to push IS out of their country.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, willedoo said:

Dax, it might pay to re-read that article by Anne Stenersen. It doesn't support what you are saying about the Afghan Taliban carrying out terrorist attacks in other countries.

I said involved, not carrying out, they facilitated Al-Qaeda and others to carry out their attacks and probably much more. The list of muslim terrorist attacks is large, anyone who thinks they have changed should look at the history of their cult and factions to see the truth. They slaughtered tens of thousands of their own people and decimated the country, so attacking other societies is just part of their aims of an islamic world..

https://www.dni.gov/nctc/groups/afghan_taliban.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taliban

https://www.euronews.com/2021/08/19/taliban-takeover-could-lead-to-renewed-terror-attacks-in-europe-view

https://ctc.usma.edu/are-the-afghan-taliban-involved-in-international-terrorism-3/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Islamist_terrorist_attacks

10 hours ago, willedoo said:

Dax, it might pay to re-read that article by Anne Stenersen. It doesn't support what you are saying about the Afghan Taliban carrying out terrorist attacks in other countries.

I said involved, not carrying out, they facilitated Al-Qaeda and others to carry out their attacks and probably much more. The list of muslim terrorist attacks is large, anyone who thinks they have changed should look at the history of their cult and factions to see the truth. They slaughtered tens of thousands of their own people and decimated the country, so attacking other societies is just part of their aims of an islamic world..

https://www.dni.gov/nctc/groups/afghan_taliban.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taliban

https://www.euronews.com/2021/08/19/taliban-takeover-could-lead-to-renewed-terror-attacks-in-europe-view

https://ctc.usma.edu/are-the-afghan-taliban-involved-in-international-terrorism-3/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Islamist_terrorist_attacks

This article shows where Afghanistan is going and why it's foolish in my opinion to be bringing more muslims into the country from anywhere. We have no idea how many are sleepers, we already know many who worked with Aussies turned against them and killed our troops.

They all have the same agenda, sharia world control at any cost and have the track record to back up their intentions.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9927167/Afghanistans-chilling-new-face-terror-ISIS-K-Taliban-far-liberal.html

Founded in 2015, its followers aim to establish an Islamic caliphate across Khorasan (hence the initial 'K') – a historic region covering Pakistan and Afghanistan along with parts of Central Asia.

The terror group is now such a threat that fear of an attack by Isis-K is being used to justify the US's refusal to delay its withdrawal from Kabul Airport after the August 31 deadline set by Joe Biden.

In a statement released on Tuesday night, the US President claimed: 'Every day we're on the ground is another day we know that ISIS-K is seeking to target the airport and attack both US and allied forces and innocent civilians.'

The White House seems to believe ISIS-K (who regard the Taliban as dangerous liberals) is about to organise a wave of attacks in an effort to destabilise its efforts to form a government.

And now the politics start.

Quote this week from EU foreign policy chief, Josep Borrell: “What we cannot do is let the Chinese and Russians take control of the situation and be supporters of Kabul, and we become irrelevant.”

Taliban spokesman Muhammad Naeem earlier this week: "China is our neighbor, and we have good relations with it. The same applies to Russia".

Earlier this month, Taliban spokesman Suhail Shaheen said that China was a welcome friend in its plans to rebuild the country, and called on Beijing to support economic development as soon as possible.

Yesterday, Russian president Vladimir Putin and Chinese premier Xi Jinping held talks on maintaining security in the region. The Shanghai Cooperation Organization was picked as the format for co-ordinating security efforts.

Only my opinion, but I think the EU are dreaming. They've missed the boat by a long way; it's already happening.

Edited by willedoo
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Thanks, Willie.

I'd forgotten about John Pilger. I've got a lot of respect for him, and he seems to base his reporting upon what he sees and hears when he spends time on the ground in wartorn places. A much more reliable source than Ruperts media.

That link explains a lot.

If nothing else, the whole middle east saga (as far as we "westerners" are concerned) convinces me that we must do everything possible to reduce reliance on oil. Basically, USA greed was the biggest problem, now let's see whether China follows a similar path.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nomadpete said:

Thanks, Willie.

I'd forgotten about John Pilger. I've got a lot of respect for him, and he seems to base his reporting upon what he sees and hears when he spends time on the ground in wartorn places. A much more reliable source than Ruperts media.

John Pilger is one those journalists who put truth and principles ahead of career. Many found that after their greatest scoop they never got work again.

These days journalists risk not just their career but their lives.  Many get “disappeared” every year.

1 hour ago, nomadpete said:

... we must do everything possible to reduce reliance on oil. Basically, USA greed was the biggest problem, now let's see whether China follows a similar path.

So true. 
Some of the world’s most backward and sinister religious nutters have been made multimillionaires by the rich West’s greed for oil. How have the Saudis spent their massive windfall? Most of the 9/11 terrorists were Saudi, yet America invading Iraq and Afghanistan instead.

Saudi money has flooded into many poor countries to fund madrasas that teach their austere version of Islam and rejection of western ideals. To our near north, tens of millions of Indonesian kids attend these breeding grounds for intolerance instead of the poorly-funded public schools. Indonesia’s mild form of Islam is being rapidly replaced. The Bali bombings were a small sample of what they have in store for us.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

I think we will w forced to drop fossil fuels, particularly oil, we are totally reliant on overseas supplies having sold off our own. The big problem is, not one politician has looked that far ahead and it could happen within a year or two. All it needs is for the middle east to blow up and we are stuffed for fuel.

Off course we could easily overcome that with a little forethought  and planning, but we have the most incompetent ignorant politicians on the planet, who will do nothing when with the right action, we could become totally self sufficient in fuel and plastics. At the same time drive our economy forward and make it sustainable for ever.

• Like 2

Well, the US hadn't had a casualty in Afghanistan since Feb, 2020.. until yesterday.. A new splinter group of ISIS, called, ISIS-K has taken responsibility (or at least are alleged to be behind the attack). The Taliban, who are portraying themselves as a somewhat reformed Sharia law polity, have condemned the act, however, it doesn't change the fact that terrorist groups are now emboldened by the capitulation of the US.

The below comes to mind:

NewWorstPresident.png

The Yanks must be desperate for a media diversion. They blew up one ISIS member with a drone, a really really big deal according to the media. I couldn't believe the media saturation of the incident today. All day long on ABC radio national they banged on about it. He must have been one bad hombre. Certainly got much more than his 15 minutes of fame.

Edited by willedoo
  • Informative 1

21 hours ago, Jerry_Atrick said:

Let's hope so... He has a way to go, yet...

Sorry... Rambled in short hand.. What I meant to say was, Let's hope Trump remains the worst president yet, and that Biden has a way to go to beat Trump...

Let's hope Biden's only complete F! Up is Afghanistan.. It has, IMHO, already led him to come close to GW Bush as bad presidents.. He has a way to go yet.

27 minutes ago, willedoo said:

The Yanks must be desperate for a media diversion. They blew up one ISIS member with a drone, a really really big deal according to the media. I couldn't believe the media saturation of the incident today. All day long on ABC radio national they banged on about it. He must have been one bad hombre. Certainly got much more than his 15 minutes of fame.

It made the news here - just... Actually had to look it up after reading the above.

And just like that, they were gone.

Here's a photo of the Taliban at Kabul airport taking the p*ss and posing in American uniforms. It's looking like the airport will be  jointly operated and managed by Turkey and Qatar. A sticking point has been airport security. The Taliban wanted to do the security, but Turkey has said that they should do it. They don't think the Taliban are up to it.

Turkey still has their embassy operating in Kabul, as does China and Russia. The West has fled with their tail between their legs leaving the East well positioned to get in on the ground with investment and re-construction dollars.

E-E7HZnXMAYkFYE.jpg

I hate to think what the airport security arrangements will need to be, to defeat suicide bombers - of which there will be plenty more - and including car bombers, too, no doubt.

The Taliban already have plenty of firefights on their hands as opposing groups marshall their forces. The Taliban lost 8 fighters today in a punch-up with a local Mujahideen resistance group.

I guess a lot hinges on whether the Taliban can familiarise themselves with a lot of the abandoned U.S. weaponry and learn to use it.

I'll wager the Americans have made as much as they could, of what they left behind, unusable. It's possible some of the Americans left little "presents" behind for the Taliban, in the form of booby traps, too.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/conflict/eight-taliban-killed-in-panjshir-fighting-c-3834328

Edited by onetrack

I think we'll see a case of deja vu unfold in Afghanistan. Biden has said all the right words about no more nation building and no more fighting other country's wars. But I think it's unlikely that they will cease their proxy wars and support of dodgy groups with the goal of regime change around the world.

With China and Russia about to become major players in the region, the last thing the U.S. would want is Afghanistan to become stable and prosperous, and in the process, make China and Russia look good. America's traditional role as spoiler will no doubt continue and it will be a matter of which of the Taliban's internal enemies they support. It wouldn't be their first use of mujahideen proxies to overthrow the Afghan government.

Biden may be well meaning, but that doesn't change the war machine that runs U.S. foreign policy. For a country that is addicted to war and instability, it will probably just mean less direct wars involving U.S. blood, and more emphasis on proxy wars. The games will most likely continue.

The other option is that the U.S. finally realises that their uni-polar world is coming to an end and decides to co-operate with the world and work towards stability and relative peace. But I don't think they are that smart or well intentioned. The world is witnessing an empire in it's death throes, but they are unlikely to go down without some sort of a fight. If they have a radical change of thinking and politics, they just might be able to avoid a lot of grief and become an equal and respected world partner instead of going down the gurgler with their current self destructive path.

• Like 1

It amazes me that the US left so many aircraft including helicopters there even though they disabled them. It is only 125 NM to Peshawar in Pakistan easily within range of anything. Maybe they tried but Pakistan refused. The Taliban now have billions worth of US hardware & even though much of it needs a lot of maintenance I'll bet they will work out ways of keeping it going.

there may well be a war machine that runs the USA, but I don't think it is the military.

Military bosses don't really want to fight any war. they are very happy to have vast amounts of equipment and also troops to play around with, but they don't like seeing their troops coming home in a coffin. They spend most of their time training their troops to stay alive.

Without the politicians there would be no wars. Looking back I am sure the probem was started by G. W. Bush and his fellow Republican Donald Trump decided to end it. He was the one who set the date of departure and then Sleepy Joe had to make a decision. He could have decided to carry on the war, because he could see that the Afghan government would collapse, or for any other reason. In which case he would have been condemned. Doing what he did he will still be condemned, but what alternative did he have.

It appears that he may be really trying to close Guantanamo prison, with one of the inmates being tried. It would have been good to conduct the trial in the USA, where the US legal system would be used, but that was the whole reason for having Guantanamo. Stop the lawyers from showing up the military system as a scam to make the President look good.