Our European Friends

Jerry_Atrick

We will not be safe, not even as safe as the AV innoculant is touted to be. We need a definition of safe.

Meanwhile Scumbag is blaming the individual states for the slow rollout and when that didn’ work he blames the EU.

He looks more like Trump every time he opens his mouth.

• Agree 1

Reasd this morning that the UK, although facing delays to its roll out plans, have sent Aus > 700,000 doses.. https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1420282/Brexit-latest-news-Boris-Johnson-von-der-leyen-EU-block-Australia-Astrazeneca-vaccine

(OK I selected a pro-Brexit paper to quote, so here is another form a not so pro-Brexit publication): https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/australasia/coronavirus-vaccines-australia-astrazeneca-secret-b1828425.html

Not 100% it is accurate or trying to garner support for Brexit in the aftermath.

I guess on the good side they're listening to scientific advice.  My personal opinion is that because of the increase in vaccine hesitancy it's probably not a great thing to limit AZ to <50, but my wife (a 45yo pharmacist - who has just had the first dose a few days ago) just said tonight that if she'd known about the clotting, and given the low chance of getting Covid here, she probably would have waited for Pfizer too.  So what do I know!

Personally I'd still get the jab tomorrow if offered, because the odds of side effect are so low.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bruce Tuncks said:

so I will continue with the red wine in case

Bruce, if you want assured protection form COVID you'd better stop drinking Chateau d'Carboar and get into the bottled stuff. 

And if you develop a sniffle and sneeze, increase the dosage to a sherry or port, depending on the strength of the symptoms.

11 hours ago, facthunter said:

In all seriousness, I'm seeing some desperates who are mucking up their lives and can't keep a close friend long..  It's a bit sad. Nev

That is true... Any drug, substance, or any other addition (e.g. obsessions, etc) becomes problematic to those who suffer it. Unfortunately, our culture doesn't accept these as health issues, but usually refers to such people as bludgers, alchies, and the like. Portugal, at least from the drugs perspective has got it right - compared to many other countries - but do one of us seek to emulate and improve on it? No, too easy to just blame them.

I can't deny - I like a tipple of what I consider to be good stuff (although, when working in London while the family was away, I did, to save a few £, induldge in Wolfie's Yellow Label and even Jacob's Creek (non-reserve) probably a bit too often when I didn't need to.. but certainly not to addictive (and not too dangerous levels).

I am by nature a structured person and a fish out of water in unstructured environments, which is ironic as my job is effectively to bring structure to unstructured environments. I find I am excessively apprehensive when going to social gathering where I don't know too many people. I do find, once a wine has taken the edge off - ond only the edge off, things get a lot better.

I doubt I would have more than a bottle of wine a week these days (except when friends come around). Pubs open today and I am not going.. Have been asked but couldn't be bothered with necking as much as possinle in the 2 hour slot we had.

• Like 1

IS that !

MY

Problem. Was a few Years on opiates while in hospital.

THEN nothing, ' fend for yourself ' was the old catch phase. 

" Excessively apprehensive " when meeting people, . ( missed All the formative years )

ME TOO.

Going to have a look at the , Cambridge code , might give them, a look at a crazy person. LoL

spacesailor