LATEST BIO- DOOMSDAY PREDICTION ( ! )

Phil Perry

Why would the military design  a virus that had a 10% death rate and left the survivors shielded from it. The military would want a virus with 100% death rate.

A virus that kills all those it infects is not going to survive very long as it will run out of people to infect. Just what the military need.

The USA have for a long time been experimenting with diseases and I don't suppose they are  only country.

Owners of older Toyota's have been warned, various models of their vehicles have been found to be exhibiting strange symptoms.

Symptoms are restricted breathing, coughs and splutters, high engine temperature, general malaise, and a lack of "get up and go".

These owners are advised if they find these symptoms in their vehicles, they are likely to be suffering from the Corona virus. 

Affected vehicles are MKII, RT104, RT118, RT140 and ST141.  No other vehicle makes are currently affected.

I think we actually owned a 79 Corona. The one we had used a 4 cylinder Holden engine. It was noteworthy in that it satisfied the pollution requirements of the day by means of blowing fresh air into the exhaust system to dilute the pollution down to satisfactory levels.

This is not done nowadays, so I hope the pollution requirements have been better framed.

When I figured out that that blower actually did, I removed the whole thing. This would have reduced the pollution from that car by the amount that was attributable to running that blower.

A pox on that car, said I, thus anticipating the Corona virus by many years.

I remember Corona from my childhood days 70 years ago, didn't realise it was still going.

As for Fourex, well it is Qlds answer to Fosters. You don't have to look far for better beers and I can only think of one that is worse. Reschs. Or at least it was the last time I tried it in the mid seventies.

I admit to loving my country, as many would know.

But.....most of our beer is over priced sewage. Its $50 plus for cats piss VB, which gives me gout after one vomitful beer.

Tooheys , same crappy dish water. xxxx, cane toad piss.

Or I can get a case of made in Germany, pure no crap beer for $36 case. Proper actual beer.

Or go deluxe and $52 for case of 500 ml German beer. 

How can they make it, export it and still be cheaper than vomit?

We get ripped off on local beer.

But.....most of our beer is over priced sewage. Its $50 plus for cats piss VB, which gives me gout after one vomitful beer.

Or I can get a case of made in Germany, pure no crap beer for $36 case. Proper actual beer.

Because beer is cheaper in Germany than bottled water is here.

Seriously, it's unbelievable when you walk into any supermarket and there's all this cheap alcohol.  Jagermeister was about 10 euro FFS.  You can buy a single 500ml can of beer for the price of a coke, in fact less than you pay for a cold coke at Coles.

Unless you put far too much sugar in it, then the bottles explode.

Just like my son in laws, that couldn't be moved for fear of losing fingers ! .

spacesailor

spacey, bottles are caveman stuff. Brewing into kegs takes a bit of setup cost, probably around $350-$400 plus a fridge on top of that. But it's worth every cent of it. Apart from being much easier, the quality of beer is vastly improved and every beer tastes the same, no fluctuations like you can get with bottles.

perhaps,

however the technique is to ferment it right out in a vessel with an airlock that lets the CO2 pressure out to atmosphere,

then transfer to a keg and power the keg from a CO2 (or tavern gas) bottle exactly the same system that the pubs use on a mini scale.

Clean, consistent, reliable, and there are few pleasures greater than going to the spigot on the side of your fridge and drawing a cool beer.

I think we actually owned a 79 Corona. The one we had used a 4 cylinder Holden engine.

Good God, I'd forgotten all about those dreadful late 70's/early 80's Coronas, with the 4 cyl Holden Starfire engine (appropriately nicknamed the "Misfire").

The worst engine that GMH has ever produced, bar none. Even anyone who worked at GMH would want to forget about it. A 202 Holden with 2 cyls lopped off it, it was an unmitigated disaster, by any measure.

https://drivetribe.com/p/anonymous-atrocity-toyota-corona-M4VYh3UORGObz3_ur90rrQ?iid=LUbXPEeqT52VlH00Zc95Eg

Before emigrating fron Aus, I was a VB drinker, although while I lived in Brisbane for abut 6 months, I developed a tast for Eumundi beers..

On arriving in London, I had a pint of something or other, and it tasted like rusted water.. Found a Walkabout pub and an off-licence (basically a licenced milk bar) in Shepherds Bush that sold VBs - I was set..

Then I had an Old Speckled Hen at a friends local - never went back to VB.. Lagers here (except a few - such as Amstel, Carling and Fosters - brewed in Gloucestershire) have more body and flavour..

Last year's flash dash to Aus (Melb) gave me enough time to go to the Sandy Pub in Sandringham and order a pot (how quaint - and small) of chiled VB and sit on their balcony on a hot day  overlooking Port Philip Bay. The VB was very nice indeed, body and flavour were spot on. I am 20 years older now and tastebuds probably waned.. but I thought I could easily get used to it..

Yesterday, speaking to a German Trader in Hong Kong who is in love with Perth and wants to move there, recommended a DOuble IPA from the Beer Farm (https://beerfarm.com.au/beer/iipa/) . At somethig like 7.8%, it's turbocharged. But I had noticed in my last two flash dashes to Aus, that craft and mirco brew beers, although not cheap, were on the rise and there are some  good ones out there..

Forgot to mention, when back in Aus back in 2005 - 2005, Tassie beers - Boags and Cascade were a favourite - Coopers from SA is OK, too.. Get it here in Waitrose a bit..

Also, a different type of beer - Bundaberg Root beer is avaolable here.. And always have some in the house..

In our house, except for what dinner guests bring, it's either Aussie Reds/Whites or NZ whites - wife occasionally is allowed an Italian... wine that is.