Bloody Israelis. . starving the Palestinians !

Phil Perry

Bloody hell that's better looking food than in our markets, they are living the good life and all because the Israelis block everything that they do

Indeed Yes Gareth, and because the filthy Israelis keep them starving,. . the governing Palestinian authority continually fire rockets into Israeli settlements. . . . . .

This is disgusting and the UN need to do something about the food shortages in the GAZA strip. . it's disgraceful. . .

https://www.google.com/sear...

Phil if you believe a google picture search provides evidence how life in Gaza is then I submit this google picture search life in gaza - Google Search

However, this is not how I prefer to have intelligent debates.

When the pla(a known terrorist organization )stops indiscriminte bombing of Israel there will be consequences for the Palestinian people stop the backing of pla Israel also have a right to live peacfully and we all know that the arab nations want Israel destroyed/annihilation has anyone here been in Israel when the rockets are landing its very scary (i was there a few years ago when this happened) it claims the lives of innocents,also what about the times when the arabs capture a Israeli they torture maim and then drag the body through the street's the arabs are dangerous fanatics abd that sort of behavior warrents swift and retaliatory action

When the pla(a known terrorist organization )stops indiscriminte bombing of Israel there will be consequences for the Palestinian people stop the backing of pla Israel also have a right to live peacfully and we all know that the arab nations want Israel destroyed/annihilation has anyone here been in Israel when the rockets are landing its very scary (i was there a few years ago when this happened) it claims the lives of innocents,also what about the times when the arabs capture a Israeli they torture maim and then drag the body through the street's the arabs are dangerous fanatics abd that sort of behavior warrents swift and retaliatory action

I think there is plenty of fault on both sides. The idea we can divide everyone into good and evil is simplistic.

We are them.

As Octave said there's plenty of blame to go around.

Yes Hamas shoots rockets into Israel.

Yes Israel stole their homeland, kills their people, and keeps stealing their land via their "settlements".

Neither side deserves unconditional support.

I greatly admire the Israelis for their innovation and drive. What many people overlook is that they drove a whole people from their traditional homes to make way for the state of Israel.

Despite the many sincere peace efforts from ordinary people on both sides, the disgusting treatment of Palestinians by Israeli settlers, whose often brutal colonisation of what little land the Palestinians have left.

is sowing the seeds of even more hatred for generations to come.

WHO"they drove a whole people from their traditional homes "

spacesailor

Israel didn't exist before 1948.

Unsurprisingly after the way the European Jews were treated in WW2, they wanted a homeland to call their own and the victorious Allies gave them one.

Unfortunately they didn't actually ask permission from the Palestinians before moving the borders on the map.

Probably would have caused less trouble if they'd settled them in one of the US states, or even Australia. But the zionists had always pushed for a homeland in Palestine, and in 1948 the UN pushed it through despite Palestine and a dozen other countries voting against the resolution and another 10 abstaining.

Plus there's all that sh*t about being god's chosen people which the religious US lap up.

So yes there's many Palestinian families who were turfed out of their homes which were then given to Jewish settlers. Definitely not an excuse to fire rockets into civilian populations, but the whole thing is a bit more nuanced than "these guys are goodies and those guys are baddies" line that the simple-minded push.

Your right ISRAEL didn't exist BUT it was the Jewish peoples homeland they were ther before Palestine was for thousands of years , they deserve to be left in peace and the arabs(Palestinians ) should go to another arab country ,but wait they don't get on that well with each other do they and the (mostly) other arab countries wont let them settle there

Your right ISRAEL didn't exist BUT it was the Jewish peoples homeland they were ther before Palestine was for thousands of years...

By that logic, Turkey should remove its people and let all the Armenians come home; The populations of US, Canada, Australia and lots of other countries should "go home" to allow First Nations to recreate their communities.

...other arab countries wont let them settle there...

Just not true. Huge numbers of Palestinians were welcomed into Jordan, Lebanon, Kuwait and other Arab countries, where many integrated and have become important in the local communities.

Others stayed in their ancestral homes or nearby in the hope of being able to go home. Many old people still carry the key to their old house. Their olive groves and homes are still being vandalised and bulldozed by the invaders. The behaviour of many Israeli settlers is no better than that of the Nazis who displaced their ancestors from Europe.

Your right ISRAEL didn't exist BUT it was the Jewish peoples homeland they were ther before Palestine was for thousands of years ,

Your right Australia didn't exist BUT it was the Aboriginal peoples homeland they were there before Australia was for thousands of years ,

I don't think you truly believe in the principal you are proclaiming.

The aborigines were here at least 44,000 years before god created the universe 6300 years ago a few thousand years. before moses lead the Jews to god's promised land for god's chosen people. from what is probably Alexandria. All good stuff .Nev

Gareth. You state that you support Israel. I don't believe it. The USA supports Israel. Who by the way are just about the original terrorist state.

You are correct about Palestine not existing, but it was the land of some Arabs who had been there for a long time and just didn't call it Palestine.

If you studied the history of how Israel came into being you would have to see that the Israelies have behaved even worse than the English did in Australia.

Through history the Jews have been killed by many different countries recent history should tell us this wrong,there has always been anti-Semitic people of all races through time ,so they have stood up to and defeated 6 to 1 arab countries, surrounded on all sides by hateful (mostly arab) counties yet you seem to think that they (Israelis) have no right to retaliate, yes they are backed by the US and. So my question is do you think that they should be exterminated ? as most arab countries want to, it mostly comes back to religion they say that the Jews killed that ficticiuos jesus and the whole world blames them for that Oh and I do support them in their claim to Israel

Through history the Jews have been killed by many different countries recent history should tell us this wrong,there has always been anti-Semitic people of all races through time ,so they have stood up to and defeated 6 to 1 arab countries, surrounded on all sides by hateful (mostly arab) counties yet you seem to think that they (Israelis) have no right to retaliate, yes they are backed by the US and. So my question is do you think that they should be exterminated ? as most arab countries want to, it mostly comes back to religion they say that the Jews killed that ficticiuos jesus and the whole world blames them for that Oh and I do support them in their claim to Israel

I find it hard to understand why you think it is fair to displace people from their homes no matter who lived there a thousand years ago. Would you happily give up your home for the descendant of a previous occupant? I bet you wouldn't

In spite of that, I think don't think we can even go back to before 1948, in other words, I accept the continued existence of Israel but not it's expansion or occupation of the west bank etc. these areas were not part of the original deal.

No, I obviously don't think that Isreal should be exterminated but at the very least they should honour the original deal which was a homeland for Palestinians and for Jewish people but through various conflicts and the encouragement of settlers this is being eroded.

For a brief history of the conflict

Extermination? Of course Israel has the right to defend itself (which, as you say, they've been very good at).

If they were fair dinkum about living in peace with their neighbours they'd stop treating the original inhabitants like dirt.

They'd stop colonising the remaining parts of the country that were set aside for Palestinians.

They'd stop extremist Israeli settlers (plenty of whom are recent arrivals from the USA and Eastern Europe) from trashing Palestinian farms and homes.

They'd stop diverting the precious Jordan river and let the Palestinians have a decent amount.

Despite this, there are signs of hope. Plenty of ordinary people on both sides are trying to live in peace. Hospitals in Israel have done a great job of treating critically injured from wars in Syria.

"Would you happily give up your home for the descendant of a previous occupant? I bet you wouldn't "

Slightly different BUT,

A large parcel of NSW (from Parks to Tamworth ) have been given back to the original in inhabitants.

Hope every one is happy, with the new "OLD" owners.

spacesailor

"Would you happily give up your home for the descendant of a previous occupant? I bet you wouldn't "Slightly different BUT,

A large parcel of NSW (from Parks to Tamworth ) have been given back to the original in inhabitants.

Hope every one is happy, with the new "OLD" owners.

spacesailor

Spacey what in blazes are your on about?