Humour ( Ark Ark )

Phil Perry

They're all so concerned with getting rid of her, they don't watch the road. The Tories have been pretty dreadful. I hope they aren't just being bullies 'cause she's an easy target and a woman.. It was never going to be an easy job and it's not made easier with knife wounds in your back. Apparently she was a bit of a talented rising star earlier on. Nev

Doesn't matter who the leader is, they had an impossible job. Ever since Cameron farted in the chapel by bringing on that stupid referendum, and then promptly disappeared to contemplate his navel, anyone would have failed to make it a reality (despite the opportunistic pronouncements by Farage and his ilk).

For the UK's sake I hope they don't end up with a total moron like Boris at the helm.

After following the Brexit saga from afar (and not too closely) it seems to me that this could break up Britain and give the Scots, Irish and eventually maybe even the Welsh the independence they've wanted for centuries. Trouble is, all those countries are very different today, with very mixed populations. I still think the EC model is the way to go, as long as the central bureaucracy can be reined in. Surely Britain, as a major component of the community, can negotiate to wind back the most odious conditions imposed by the EC.

". I still think the EC model is the way to go, as long as the central bureaucracy can be reined in."

Never !, and it WAS the popular peoples choice. They asked & the people answered.

No embellishments.

Out is OUT.

Now the pollies want their VOTE.

(Out with "Ford transit" Drive a Fiat !.)

spacesailor

the EC way rests on the central bureacracy, without it the EU would not exist.

I doubt that Wales could break away from England, as far as I can see 25% of the welsh would be expat English.

Sorry but EU means European UNION so how can it be anything but "managed" by the Government of the total of the elected delegates of the countries in it. Its also Known as the European COMMON Market. It means you accept the common free vote in all matters the agreement covers in the first place (as amended from time to time. again by agreement of the majority no doubt). What else could you use as a structure?. My view from the outset was that the Common Currency would possibly cause insurmountable problems, and I think it HAS. It's great not to have to swap your money at the border though but euros ain't euro's depending on how each country borrows and taxes it's people and the floating value of the local currency would provide the checks and balances. Nev

They're all so concerned with getting rid of her, they don't watch the road. The Tories have been pretty dreadful. I hope they aren't just being bullies 'cause she's an easy target and a woman.. It was never going to be an easy job and it's not made easier with knife wounds in your back. Apparently she was a bit of a talented rising star earlier on. Nev

'Rising Star' Nev ? ? ? ?

She was bloody useless in her previous Ministry, ie, the Home Secretary position. For Seven Years She was the Invisible Woman. . .promised to reduce unlimited immigraation DOWN to the Tens of Thousands per annum ( to a country half the size of Victoria ? ? ? ) Conservative estimates place current immigration at circa 600,000 per year, although Government figures state 300,000. But with a totally underfunded Border force, no one really knows the true figure. To be brutally truthful, May would have done OK 'ish as a library clerk or very low level civil servant that's all.

". I still think the EC model is the way to go, as long as the central bureaucracy can be reined in."Never !, and it WAS the popular peoples choice. They asked & the people answered.

No embellishments.

Out is OUT.

Now the pollies want their VOTE.

(Out with "Ford transit" Drive a Fiat !.)

spacesailor

We don't build Ford Transit vans anymore mate,. . .The EU gave Turkey a large Grant ( NOTE 'Grant. NOT Loan ) to remove the factory from Southampton and relocate the lot to Turkey. Now they have closed down British steel because it cannot afford to pay the 'Carbon Tax' imposed by the EU, and under EU rules the Brit Government are not allowed to bail them out. Yet China keeps dumping steel in Europe with no import sanction nor tariff. No wonder we can't compete. .5,000 jobs are directly lost from this and all of the huge support chain jobs also. nd here we still are,. . sending £55 Million a week to the EU. . . .

Import that law form there to here. Watch Palmer and Murdock $#!T themselves along with quite a few others.. You're illegal to do insider trading but can "buy" a government. that makes al the rule. Palmer's manager apparently acknowledged they had done that but said THAT'S DEMOCRACY. Like to see THAT tested in court. The Basis of a democracy is universal and freely accessed voting with ONE vote for EACH person. Get THAT Clive. . You are a bit of a BIG fibber Pal. Nev

Import that law form there to here. Watch Palmer and Murdock $#!T themselves along with quite a few others.. You're illegal to do insider trading but can "buy" a government. that makes al the rule. Palmer's manager apparently acknowledged they had done that but said THAT'S DEMOCRACY. Like to see THAT tested in court. The Basis of a democracy is universal and freely accessed voting with ONE vote for EACH person. Get THAT Clive. . You are a bit of a BIG fibber Pal. Nev

Talk about Murdoch media bias - check out this screenshot from News.com.au today. "'PATHETIC' - Bill Shorten's excuse for disastrous election loss slammed" in large letters.

It's only when you go into the article that you fine the person who thinks it's "pathetic" is none other than Alan Jones of 2GB, increasingly irrelevant hard-right arch-conservative who has about 20 rusted-on listeners.

Not to mention that in overall terms the composition of the parliament is much the same as it was previously, so "disastrous election loss" is going into the realms of hyperbole.

And people accuse the ABC of bias!

[ATTACH]50103._xfImport[/ATTACH]

722067615_murdochbias.thumb.jpg.2a5fac7bebacaf85458da96cdc749571.jpg

I read an article that said that Labor's 20th Century ideals of bettering the working conditions and looking after the disadvantaged have been supplanted by the clamouring of the LGBT types demanding gender equality and PC behaviour. Perhaps it is time for Labor to descend from the ivory tower, roll up its sleeves and join the majority in trying to eke out a living.

...Perhaps it is time for Labor to descend from the ivory tower, roll up its sleeves and join the majority in trying to eke out a living.

Fair comment, OME, but it applies equally to the LNP side of politics, so many of whom are party hacks who have never done a normal day's work. They get rewarded for their loyal service manipulating public perceptions by being "given" a winnable seat.

And another thing: we can't spent all our time getting down and dirty earning a crust. Every so often we need to come up for air and see the big picture, where we're heading...

The only reason Mankind was able to go from being hunter/gatherers to walking on the moon was because the Many was able to provide the food, shelter and safety to give the Few the freedom from drudgery to look to the heavens.

For every person who paints the "bigger picture" there iare many more who are needed to make the paint and brushes.

• 2 months later...

So we need someone to provide the food and shelter/

Those people are the ones most disadvantaged by our modern society.

Just look at the plight of dairy farmers. the only thing stopping them giving up is the fact that they like the lifestyle, but it is nowhere near as good as it was 50 years ago.

Nowadays we seem to have no end of workers, who don't produce anything, they shuffle figures on a computer or spend hours directing traffic for no good reason, except for the government to be able to say, they have a job.

I wonder how many people can say when they get home from a days work, that they produced something.

I retired when I could see that a big part of my job was becoming non productive.

In a country that has less than 25 million people we have almost 2.5 million public servants.

10% of the population employed by the government, and what percentage supported by the government.

I do not have all the answers but neither of the above are sustainable.

IF public servants had been running the CBA would it have behaved better or worse? Are the pilots etc who work for a state owned airline Public servants? JUST because they are "employed" by the state doesn't mean they are not working in your interests and avoiding similar or greater costs/excess profits extracted by so called Private Enterprise to do the same function. . Efficiency is the main consideration and TRUST. . Nev