Abolish Billionaires

Bruce

Neil,

You nor anyone else has the right to decide which parts of the governments expenditures you will pay for.

It is a government and that means we pay taxes and it governs for all of us.

If the rich or you for that matter don't agree tough. Or would you prefer I decide that I refuse to allow rich people or even you, are refused medical attention because I might disagree with your views on tax. My taxes paid for that hospital surgery including subsidising private ones. But I would never have the option of saying no don't treat that person. Nor should I.

Remember you breath the same oxygen as the rest of us.

Storchy, nobody is saying that expenditure like expensive cars etc for the kids is off-limits. But a billionaire has a thousand MILLION dollars. Thats not just being rich, its way beyond that. It's giving quite a lot of the countries resources to a single individual.

I had a mate who was Australia's main rocket scientist. He took a year off and actually wore a tie to try and get finance for Australia to launch its own small satellites. He said that this could be done for about 50 million ( 5 percent of a billion dollars), use off the shelf components and make money in 2 years or so.

So Bob visited all our billionaires and got nothing. The richest of them spent more each year on his polo horses.

I decided not to be rich and famous on purpose.. The Bible says "those who have nothing have nothing to lose" (That sounds reassuring). . If a burglar shows up I say" I'll help you look and if we find something I'll go you halves".. How many of the rich man's "friends" are still around when he's no longer rich.?

IF you put a price on everything you will miss out on the things that are free.. Would you like to be the kind of person that would put his grandmother on the street? Nev