Where is Townsville?

pmccarthy

How many people drink water from the tap and how much?. It's ok for teeth but why not get it to people some better way? Most of it goes down the sink , dunny or onto the Garden. It's a waste product from aluminium smelting. That makes the process look a bit suspect. Making it compulsory for Water Boards to use it seems a bit draconian. You can get too much and it makes your teeth mottled and bones weak. I don't mind it being in toothpaste. Nev

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was nice to see that today's winner of Sunrise Cash Cow $20K jackpot was a flood victim from Townsville.

...And that wouldn't have been arranged in any way, would it... (it's great that $20k goes to someone who needs it... just saying that the 7 network probably massaged the process to give them a result that gets them some positive publicity.)

I'm a cynical bugger, aren't I.

I hear today that Adani have been letting excess contaminated water go into the watercourses. It had 50% above the legal limit I think they said. No doubt the floods had some bearing on it. Adani say that there will be no risk, but if that is the case why do we have legal limits.

One of the pollutants is probably coal, that black stuff that will sit on the bottom of shallow water and absorb heat from the sun, then give it up to the water above it. I wonder if that could possibly cause a rise of sea temperature. Knowing that black tiles get quite hot in swimming pools I reckon coal would not be good.