Quickies part 2

red750

-If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive, they'd eventually find me attractive.

-Today a man knocked on my door and asked for a small donation towards the local swimming pool, so I gave him a glass of water.

-I'm great at multi-tasking--I can waste time, be unproductive, and procrastinate all at once.

-I hate it when people use big words just to make themselves sound perspicacious.

-If you keep your feet firmly on the ground, you'll have trouble putting on your pants.

-When I married Ms. Right, I had no idea her first name was Always.

-Women spend more time wondering what men are thinking than men spend thinking.

-The grass may be greener on the other side but at least you don't have to mow it.

• Like 4

There's a parrot in a cage in a pet-shop window.

When a lady walks past, the parrot cries out, "Oi! - You’re a fat cow!"

The lady is furious, and rushes inside the shop, and angrily says to the owner, 'It's outrageous that your parrot has learnt to say that!"

The owner says, "I'm so sorry. I couldn’t agree more."

He then turns to the parrot and says, "Start behaving yourself - or I'll tape your beak up."

"OK," says the parrot.

The next day, the lady walks past the shop, and the parrot cries out, "You know what I’m thinking!!"

• Haha 2

Breeds of Livestock - Polled Hereford  -  from Oklahoma State University.

Breeds of Livestock - Polled Hereford

Polled Herefords represent the development of an idea - an idea spawned in the minds of a small number of Midwestern Hereford breeders in the late 1890s who realized that it was both possible and practical to develop "modern Herefords minus horns."

These breeders were motivated by the promising prospect of developing Herefords with outstanding beef-producing characteristics, but with the added desirable trait of being naturally hornless. They planted the seed from which grew a new giant in the American and world beef cattle industry

The Polled Hereford of today is the result - a modern, practical breed of cattle that has experienced widespread acceptance and desirability.

Polled Herefords were developed from the horned Hereford breed which was founded in the mid-18th century by the farmers of Hereford County, England. Among the horned Herefords an occasional calf would be born which did not develop horns. This change from parents' characteristics is known as a "mutation." These cattle soon came to be called "polled," which means naturally hornless.

• Like 1

*Two Woodpeckers* 

This Mexican woodpecker and a Canadian woodpecker were in Mexico arguing about which country had the toughest trees. 

The Mexican woodpecker claimed Mexico had a tree that no woodpecker could peck.

The Canadian woodpecker accepted his challenge and promptly pecked a hole in the tree with no problem.

The Mexican woodpecker was amazed.

The Canadian woodpecker then challenged the Mexican woodpecker to peck a tree in Canada that was absolutely 'impeccable' (a term frequently used by woodpeckers).

The Mexican woodpecker expressed confidence that he could do it and accepted the challenge.

The two of them flew to Canada where the Mexican woodpecker successfully pecked
the so-called 'impeccable' tree almost without breaking a sweat...

Both woodpeckers were now terribly confused.

How is it that the Canadian woodpecker was able to peck the Mexican tree, and the Mexican woodpecker was able to peck the Canadian tree, yet neither was able to peck the tree in their own country?

After much woodpecker pondering, they both came to the same conclusion: 

Apparently, Tiger Woods and Shane Warne were right, when they said, 
“your pecker gets harder when you're away from home”.

• Haha 3

A woman from the deepest, most southern part of Alabama goes into the local newspaper office to see that the obituary for her recently deceased husband is written.
The obit editor informs her that the fee for the obituary is 50 cents a word.
She pauses, reflects and then says,
“Well, then, let it read, ‘Billy Bob died’.”
Amused at the woman’s thrift, the editor says,
“Sorry ma’am, there is a 7 word minimum on all obituaries.”
Only a little flustered, she thinks things over and in a few seconds says,
“In that case, let it read,
‘Billy Bob died – 1983 Pick-up for sale.’ “

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

DID YOU KNOW......
A recent study found that the average Australian walks 900 miles a year.
Another study found the average Australian consumes 22 gallons of
alcohol a year.
That means on average AUSSIES get 41 miles to the gallon.

MAKES YOU PROUD TO BE AN AUSSIE, DOESN'T IT??

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Forget about Bitcoin....

If you had bought $1000 worth of Qantas shares one year ago.
You would have made $49.00 today.
If you bought $1000 worth of AIG shares one year ago.
You would have made $33.00 today.
If you bought $1000 worth of Lehman Brothers Shares one year ago.
You would have made $0.00 today.

BUT .... If you invested $1000 in beer one year ago, drank all the beer then returned the cans for recycling, you would have made $214.00 today.

So, the best investment plan is to drink heavily and recycle !!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2